Jets get an Edge, Draft Jachai Polite with 68th pick

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or, and stay with me on this, what if you drafted guys that played well ????AND???? were pretty good athletes? Like, there are A LOT of players in the draft who HAVE BOTH JOJOTOWNSELL1!!!! They exist! 

Yeah, this guys obviously not a pretty good athlete. Of course he's gonna bust.

11 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Was going to post this myself. Just freakish stuff. If he had done well at the combine he could have been a top 15 pick. 

I think he tried to bulk up before the combine and it backfired big time. He added like 20 pounds which likely caused his injury or if the injury was fake it definitely slowed him down.

I've seen Jachai Polite compared to Jevon "The Freak" Kearse and I agree with it. He's lean, mean, and now a green sacking machine.

• Upvote 1

He shows signs of immaturity. Big surprise for a 21 year old who was treated like a god in FL. Being immature is not a crime. The guy paid the price by falling into the 3rd round. Hopefully, he uses this as a wake up call and the players and coaches can help him. It appears his only crime was having the audacity of being picked by a hated GM.

13 hours ago, aagarcia said:

This was for sure a Greg Williams pick. He sees that raw talent and the ability this young man has to create CHAOS. He’ll mold him well

He'll be like papa GW to him, displaying understanding and tough love.  A mutual simpatico could develop here. As GW had issues to overcome...that he can relate to Polite.

In the end...Polite may have felt more pressure dealing with the draft process, then any challenges he faced in a football game.  Being with teammates and CS, practicing and playing football again...could be a relief for him.  The perfect tonic and comfort zone he needs.

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2019 at 12:20 PM, GreenReaper said:

He'll be like papa GW to him, displaying understanding and tough love.  A mutual simpatico could develop here. As GW had issues to overcome...that he can relate to Polite.

In the end...Polite may have felt more pressure dealing with the draft process, then any challenges he faced in a football game.  Being with teammates and CS, practicing and playing football again...could be a relief for him.  The perfect tonic and comfort zone he needs.

Thank God he's coming in under Gregg Williams's tutelage and not Kacy Rogers's !!!