Darron Lee

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

He's not getting traded. 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Gregg Williams wants some time to work with Lee. I don’t think he gets traded. 

He'll get traded for the peanuts he is worth. Just read between the lines. He was the only first rounder not out there for the uni unveil and he just skipped the latest camp. He's a goner and has no future with this team. 

• Upvote 2

Jets fan: Actually, Darron Lee was a good draft pick and is a young, athletic player on the rise, perfectly suited to the modern NFL.

Also Jets fan: It’s ridiculous to expect Maccagnan to trade Lee for a draft pick. Do you realize how hard that is to do?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Wasn't pass rushing one of the high grades Lee got from draft scouts? Wasn't he an olb that we forced into ilb?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes he is a natural OLB but in the 4-3 where their responsibility isn’t rushing the passer, it’s coverage and run support. He’s a WLB in 4-3, made to play ILB in a 3-4.  

He’s also not very good.

7 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Thats the point of my post..     there seems to do no point having him on roster at this point....   hes coming off a suspension.  Hes soft as paper machete.    

Its a matter of time hes moved... Just wondering what his current value would be

Yeah, but those paper cuts, OUCH! :-) 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fan: Actually, Darron Lee was a good draft pick and is a young, athletic player on the rise, perfectly suited to the modern NFL.

Also Jets fan: It’s ridiculous to expect Maccagnan to trade Lee for a draft pick. Do you realize how hard that is to do?

I think it’s the opposite

Jets fan: Lee is tiny and horrible

Also Jets fan: how come Lee hasn’t been traded for a first or second rounder yet

this is in no way a defense of Mac, but nobody is trading anything for Lee

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Titan24 said:

#1 We just drafted an edge rusher who hasn’t played a down in the nfl 

#2 how do you know lee can’t get to the passer?

Because we have had zero pass rush on the outside since the day he arrived and no coach has put him there.

He has poor instincts, not much bend, not long arms, takes the circumpolar route to get to the ball carrier, is weak at the point of attack and gets washed out by rbs and tes.  He is not tall or lean and has no pass rush moves that are discernible.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Because we have had zero pass rush on the outside since the day he arrived and no coach has put him there.

He has poor instincts, not much bend, not long arms, takes the circumpolar route to get to the ball carrier, is weak at the point of attack and gets washed out by rbs and tes.  He is not tall or lean and has no pass rush moves that are discernible.

His arms are relatively long

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You’re a great poster I’ve read a lot, I stay on sidelines valid points..... hey maybe his speed will be good for something.  I think he has a good year under G Williams call me crazy. 

As I posted in another thread.  Packers just added Elgton Jenkins in the draft.  They already have Corey Linsley at C.  They have a need at LB that was not addressed in the draft until R7. 

How about Lee for Linsley straight up.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

...but other than that, he's awesome!