Lee is horrible, but if Mac actually allows Lee to leave via FA he should be fired. Simple as that.

Or more to the point, he has no trade value at all. He’s Victor Hobson part 2 in the sense that Jets fans thought he was at least worth something, only to drop out of the league once we cut him. Darren Lee will likely be in some other teams camp next year, get cut, tryout for a couple teams and eventually fall out of the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Lee is horrible, but if Mac actually allows Lee to leave via FA he should be fired. Simple as that.

That's silly just because he was a former first rounder the Jets should keep him , even though he's the odd man out in the lb Corp.  Every team has these choices they make.   For example after the players the Raiders drafted you know former first rounder starting  S Karl Joseph  is probably going  to be allowed to leave when he's a free agent, . (They probably don't pick up his fifth year option).    Another possibility is he will be gone before the season starts.(?if they can find a trade partner).

The point like D Lee , Karl Joseph (both former first rounders ) aren't long for their team roster..  Both are gone whether thats next year, or this year.   (dead men walking). 

Macc has said wait until after the final cuts and possible trades are made before the roster is evaluated. He knows that OL Center is a glaring need. I hope that D. Lee and maybe a 2020 3rd/4th round pick can somehow result in a trade for a decent veteran center.

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2019 at 9:25 PM, RobR said:

He'll get traded for the peanuts he is worth. Just read between the lines. He was the only first rounder not out there for the uni unveil and he just skipped the latest camp. He's a goner and has no future with this team. 

When do you see this happening?

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

That's silly just because he was a former first rounder the Jets should keep him , even though he's the odd man out in the lb Corp.  Every team has these choices they make.   For example after the players the Raiders drafted you know former first rounder starting  S Karl Joseph  is probably going  to be allowed to leave when he's a free agent, . (They probably don't pick up his fifth year option).    Another possibility is he will be gone before the season starts.(?if they can find a trade partner).

The point like D Lee , Karl Joseph (both former first rounders ) aren't long for their team roster..  Both are gone whether thats next year, or this year.   (dead men walking). 

First round safety, you say ... Macc might be interested! :-) 

13 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Exaclty.  If you can get value for either guy, then you move them.  If not, you let them leave in FA.  Even if nobody is willing to part with an asset for these guys, they are both still llikely to get a shot somewhere else as FA; and maybe that can turn into t comp pick.  If we can get somethign for Lee (or in your case Joseph) take it.  If not, neither guy is taking a lot of cap space, keep them as depth, let them play out their contracts and you have a chance of a comp pick.

• Upvote 1

Lee is still on the team because Mac drafted him in the 1st round and wouldn't accept a 4th round pick because he would be admitting Lee was a bad pick. Period! He will try now to save face by finagling some deal to get a player which might help us.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

When do you see this happening?

I honestly believed it would happen on day 2 or 3 of the draft for either a pick straight up, or as a package to move up.

Shows what I know.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Lee is still on the team because Mac drafted him in the 1st round and wouldn't accept a 4th round pick because he would be admitting Lee was a bad pick. Period! He will try now to save face by finagling some deal to get a player which might help us.

I can see mccagnan waiting until the end of camp, for an injury to another team, to trade him.  Plus he’ll get to see how Cashman does as his replacement.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

exactly.  Always trying to save face on his egregious mistakes. i.e.  Keeps hackenberg instead of drafting Watson/Mahomes.  Keeps Wilkerson, Leo, Lee too long so we get nothing for them, noit even a comp pick.  Lee's value might be 4th or 5th round.  He's nowhere near 2nd or 3rd round quality.  So Mac keeps the slug instead of collecting that 4th or 5th.  Mistake. Same with Wilk.  Same with Leo.  Same... same... same...  isn't that always the story with Mac?  Do the same things over and over and expect different results?  Just like Woody and Chris Johnson!

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2019 at 12:19 AM, MDL_JET said:

He's not getting traded. 

because nobody wants him.  Suck-ass draft pick by Mac and Bowles.  Calvin Pryor bad.

• Upvote 1

Would make sense to move him if another player of need becomes available.  I've read rumors on a Lee for Eagles Aghilor type of trade.

That said, why should we be anxious to move a player that *does* have talent.  At worst, he shifts down on the depth chart, provides insurance, and becomes an elite ST'er because of his speed.  Fans want to rush players off the roster complaining we have have player a and b already on the roster, and then in the next sentence, suggest we don't have depth, and bottom of the roster talent...

because nobody wants him.  Suck-ass draft pick by Mac and Bowles.  Calvin Pryor bad.
Calvin Pryor was a bad pick Lee wasn't a good pick either but there is no comparison. Lee at worst is an nfl depth piece...Pryor wouldn't make a cfl roster.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

As bad as he is he is he is he is he is he is he is he is he isssssssssssssssss the only cover LB we have! We're off to see the LB, the tiny LB of Ozzzzz.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Calvin Pryor was a bad pick Lee wasn't a good pick either but there is no comparison. Lee at worst is an nfl depth piece...Pryor wouldn't make a cfl roster.

This. Lee can play in the NFL and for some teams, could be an OK starter.  He is now the third best ILB on the team here.

There is no comparison with Pryor. 

Unless you get a 2020 3rd rounder or a reasonable WR for him he should be on the team in 2019.  

A team I'd be speaking to are the Eagles.  They have Mack Hollins and Jordan Mathews, both big WR and just drafted Arcega-Whiteside in the second round.  They seem to be interested in Lee and a trade may be possible.

I can see Lee going into camp with the jets, being showcased in preseason and then traded for a 2020 draft pick to a team given injury, etc.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

this

Rosen only got a 2.... Lee is going nowhere he is more valuable than whatever pick the JETS would get back.

• Upvote 2

My opinion before the draft was that there was no way in Gods green earth the Jets were going to give away Darren Lee. He was having  a very good year up until his suspension.  If he stays on the team (the operative word here)  and makes the roster, which of course is a given, he'll be a big plus.  Of course trying to convince Lee haters here (and many other forums) i wouldn't bother.

5 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Rosen only got a 2.... Lee is going nowhere he is more valuable than whatever pick the JETS would get back.

A team I'd be speaking to are the Eagles.  They have Mack Hollins and Jordan Mathews, both big WR and just drafted Arcega-Whiteside in the second round.  They seem to be interested in Lee and a trade may be possible.

I'd also be checking on the availability of Corey Linsley, the center of the Packers, since they drafted Elgton Jenkins in the second round.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:02 PM, bealeb319 said:

Wasn't pass rushing one of the high grades Lee got from draft scouts? Wasn't he an olb that we forced into ilb?

Lee is a 4-3 WLB. If you guys can't take the time to learn how different defenses operate then things will always be difficult to understand. 

Lee got high grades for blitzing. Not the same as an Edge.