I love Chuma Edoga

RobR

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Give me a player who was taken in the last 15 picks that doesn't have a serious flaw in his game. Whether it's mental/physical. 

Well after reading Helen of Troy's comment he straightened himself out so I give you the guy they drafted. NAH- NA- NA-NA NAH.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I also wonder if the jets were targeting McGovern and when the cowboys took him the jets didn’t want to lose their next OL guy too.  Thus the trade.

I'd take him over McGovern 100x out of 100x. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

C'mon Ruby you know me. Go back a few years and you can see I hated the Lee pick, hated the Hackenberg pick, and loved the Jenkins pick.

How has that worked out?

The reason why I hate most picks is because we've been a terrible franchise over the years when it comes to the draft. It;s no coincidence we haven't made the playoffs for almost a decade.   

Oh I totally agree with you. In my view you should be our GM lol. You almost always get it right. My comment was more meant to be that im happy you like this guy, because that makes me believe we got a viable o lineman finally.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

That's the way I see it. Insurance for Shell this year, potential replacement for Beachum next year.  Very good pick.

We could also have Shell as our swing tackle instead of Qvale. Win-win

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

If having the best pass-blocker rating for anyone OL in the draft and having no hurries or sacks in 305 snaps you mean he got pushed over in college, then, yeah I guess he 

Yeah hes awesome. We got a solid DT and two guys who have no passion for the game. Watch him play. Hes not taking over a starting job anytime soon. I promise you. 

• Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Really a good draft so far overall

Quinnen on the DL, a 1st round talent EDGE in Polite who will have Gregg Williams on his ass, and a potential starting LT in 2020. 

Still would have prefered allen or a trade down, but this is looking as Mac's best effort and a pretty solid haul so far. Get me Renfrow tomrrow and we good!

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, RobR said:

For all the posters that think I only crap on our draft picks, I love this one. Excellent value and I see a LT at the next level.

Agreed Solid, solid pick by Macc. I'm sure Sam and Helen of Troy are pleased.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Ruby2 said:

Still would have prefered allen or a trade down, but this is looking as Mac's best effort and a pretty solid haul so far. Get me Hurd and Renfrow tomrrow and we good!

Fyp 

Btw have loved Renfrow for what seems like 5 years now. 

Always gets open, catches every ball. Don’t care how small/slow he is, he’s a football player. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Really a good draft so far overall

Quinnen on the DL, a 1st round talent EDGE in Polite who will have Gregg Williams on his ass, and a potential starting LT in 2020. 

Agreed buddy.  I’ve criticized Macc plenty but so far we have done really well. I would of loved Hurd or McGovern but we still got a good OL prospect. Polite could be a steal.  Williams is probably the 2nd best player in the draft and a good kid

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Fyp 

Btw have loved Renfrow for what seems like 5 years now. 

Always gets open, catches every ball. Don’t care how small/slow he is, he’s a football player. 

Renfrow has been my favorite college player the last 7 years lol.

If the Pats get him tmrw im quitting.

Im pretty sure Hurd got took allready though.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I have a feeling this will be a much better USC reunion than Snachez and Scotty McKnight. Was that guys name even mcknight or am i getting confused with the RB joe mcknight?

They drafted a best friend for Sanchez lmao!!! Memories

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

I have a feeling this will be a much better USC reunion than Snachez and Scotty McKnight. Was that guys name even mcknight or am i getting confused with the RB joe mcknight?

They got Scotty McKnight in the 7th round and like his entire knee exploded in his rookie year. "Scotty McKnight had a chance to make it" is my most contrarian Jets fan take, probably

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well after reading Helen of Troy's comment he straightened himself out so I give you the guy they drafted. NAH- NA- NA-NA NAH.

Immaturity mostly, came from Georgia with ? in his eyes for the whole L.A. “glitz and glam”.  Mama wanted him at Stanford or USC, he wanted some fun, his mother loved the official to SC, so he got his wish.  HC disciplined him and sat him out a couple of times.  

He got it, decided to stay for his senior year and did great.  Sometimes these things follow you, and hard to shake past mistakes... as I stated on the Draft forum, Coach Helton would not have let him stay on the team if there were character issues to be concerned about.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Immaturity mostly, came from Georgia with ? in his eyes for the whole L.A. “glitz and glam”.  Mama wanted him at Stanford or USC, he wanted some fun, his mother loved the official to SC, so he got his wish.  HC disciplined him and sat him out a couple of times.  

He got it, decided to stay for his senior year and did great.  Sometimes these things follow you, and hard to shake past mistakes...put as I said on the Draft forum, Coach Helton would not have let him stay on the team if there were character issues to be concerned about.  

I’ll take a USC fanatic’s take on a player every day. 

Thank you. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Scotty McKnight went to Colorado, not USC, but a close friend of Mark.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1