Copernicus

Jachai Polite vs Chase Winovich

I'm more excited about the Polite pick than QW, tbh.

It's kind of a unique situation because guys who tests so poorly very rarely make it as pass rusher, but I think Polite was just overwhelmed throughout the whole interview and workout process. Mismanaged his weight and injured his hammy, seemed like he has little football related guidance to turn to besides his agent.

Huge risk either way but I'm glad it's finally taken on an edge player with legit talent.  Watching him play he looks quick and flexible, get Polite back to ~240 and let him get comfortable. QW and Polite are still only 21 years old, both can be impact players.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it would have been interesting to see what his numbers would have been at his ideal weight.

His playing weight seemed to be around 240, obviously showing up at 260 or whatever and having a bad hammy hurt his number but his benchpress was pretty bad so not like his hamstring affected that.

Probably could have ran like a 4.6 with much better 10 yard and cone drills, coming off the line he looked explosive. Especially in games like LSU.

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I like everything about the Polite pick except for the fact that they took him ahead of Winovich. 

Winovich is such a Patriots pick, he's like an instantly better Ninkovich.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company