Jonotthan Harrison is our starting center?

PS17

14 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I’d be shocked if they don’t if they don’t at least add another veteran insurances policy

Agreed.  Can't see them just handing the job to Harrison.  He has not done enough to earn that status.  Bring in a vet and let hm compete with Toth and a vet to see if he can win the job.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  Can't see them just handing the job to Harrison.  He has not done enough to earn that status.  Bring in a vet and let hm compete with Toth and a vet to see if he can win the job.

Harrison has started 19 games in his time with the Colts with Luck as the QB.. He has 32 game starts in total..

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Harrison wasnt bad at all and it helped Sam in the second half. Do I think he is the long term answer?  Of course not but I think he will be a fine stop gap for a year. Plus we can still bring in more competition.  We have improved the oline with osmele and drafted a good prospect.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Well I don't think we have a game tomorrow and many solid pros can be picked up during training camp cuts so I would wait to see what happens then..When Harrison replaced Long Sam played pretty well..

That's what people said last season and how many vets were signed?

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Harrison wasnt bad at all and it helped Sam in the second half. Do I think he is the long term answer?  Of course not but I think he will be a fine stop gap for a year. Plus we can still bring in more competition.  We have improved the oline with osmele and drafted a good prospect.  

Exactly 

Once McGovern was gone, it was time to bring in a vet like Wisniewski or Sullivan who the Jets already met with 5-6 weeks ago.

Don’t waste a draft pick just to throw a body at the position. Certainly not with the talent that is still available at WR, CB, etc.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Well I don't think we have a game tomorrow and many solid pros can be picked up during training camp cuts so I would wait to see what happens then..When Harrison replaced Long Sam played pretty well..

Exactly why I'm not crapping my pants over the center situation. It's not ideal, and we need to upgrade, but it will pass for now. He also has a new beast of a G playing next to him which will help.

People act like we're going to have broken finger Spencer Long at C all season because we didn't add one.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

So, Packers have a need for an ILB, and after drafting Elgton Jenkins, they have an extra Center in Corey Linsley.

We have an extra ILB after signing Mosley and drafting Cashman, and a need at Center.

I know who I am on the phone with if I am Macc.  Lee for Linsley straight up.  Get 'r done!!!

• Upvote 3

An overpriced, yet serviceable center might spring loose during roster cuts. There is also the possibility of another Osmele type trade. The last option is finding a scrap heap guy like Wisniewski. If we go into opening day with Jonotthan Harrision as the starter, I'll be leading the fire Macc brigade. 

I'd put $2.50 on the Jets having a new center before the season starts... They either wait for a roster cut/cap casualty guy, or swing a mid-level trade to get a guy who can at least be borderline adequate... Nothing crazy like a 1st round pick, but maybe just a vet that's going to lose playing time.

Odds are it's not going to be a strength of this team... But if they can be average, it's a win at this point. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, freestater said:

The constant neglect of the o line is going to get Sam killed, and is the primary reason Macc's worthless ass should be fired. 

But they didn’t neglect it. The got a pro bowler is Osemele and drafted OL in the 3rd round.  Harrison actually played decent when he took over from Long

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

But they didn’t neglect it. The got a pro bowler is Osemele and drafted OL in the 3rd round.  Harrison actually played decent when he took over from Long

Harrison (despite being better than Long) is a liability. Winters is a liability. Shell is coming off of an injury and Beachum is serviceable at best. Wasting picks on ILBs (after paying Mosely a fortune) and trading away chances at improving the line, to grab a crap DB in round 12 is comical negligence 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

We've been screwed at Center ever since they didn't sign Paradis. A third rounder or whatever might not even have gotten the start but it would have been upside at least.

Harrison is a backup being asked to start unless a box of scraps impresses. That's the reality of the situation. I refuse to content with it, a fair outing as a BACKUP be damned. 

This offseason's been so weird. The Jets needed a Center, offensive playmaker and Pass Rusher and got one of those things (Bell) and some top tier defensive players up the middle. I'm not unhappy about the talent at hand but the outstanding issues remain outstanding issues.

• Thumb Down 1