Blake Cashman

slats

Looks like a BAP pick here, at least if you believe Draft Network who had him as a Day 2 selection: 

RED FLAGS - None

Cashman tested off the charts at the Combine, posting results that match the athleticism he shows on tape. There is zero question that Cashman has the athleticism and coverage ability to play all three downs in the NFL, preferably as a WILL linebacker. Cashman is at his best when he can get ID quickly and get on his horse, showing quick feet and clean processing to find the ball and arrive on schedule. 

Yes, he has some issues with discipline at times, he’ll bounce off a few tackles here and there and he isn’t going to physically dominate the opposition as a block deconstructor. Cashman needs some work, but his athleticism and intensity suggest a decently high ceiling in the NFL, especially if he continues to improve in his key-and-diagnose ability. Ideal day two target.

Round Grade - Mid Day 2

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/blake-cashman

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Anderson - Quinnen - Leo

Jenkins - Avery - Mosley - Polite

Sure, that’s what I expect our base 3-4 looks to resemble. With Polite and Copeland rotating.

But I don’t think we’d be sticking a bunch of square pegs into round holes by moving towards more of a 4-3, which Gregg Williams has always predominantly featured.

That’s also how you’re going to get the most out of Quinnen.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Everything reeks of the Jets transitioning to more of a 4-3.

Regardless of what Gase or anyone else says.

i didn't see where gase has more than cursory input into the defensive schemes.  isn't williams more like a defense head coach and will choose the schemes based on the personnel he has?  i din't have much preference as long as they have the right guys.

5 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Now this is a great pick. If any of you have watched any Minnesota games he was a beast. A heart of a lion and a leader. He is a tackling machine.  Wesco was a terrible pick but Mac rebounded here

That was my reaction to Wesco pick

a fellow Jets fan then texted me this:

Just got a text from a HC who coached against WVU TE Trevon Wesco...”dude is a junkyard dawg, just scratching the surface & wasn’t featured at WVU...legit talent” #Jets

guess we will see   So youre saying theres a chance....

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

That was my reaction to Wesco pick

a fellow Jets fan then texted me this:

Just got a text from a HC who coached against WVU TE Trevon Wesco...”dude is a junkyard dawg, just scratching the surface & wasn’t featured at WVU...legit talent” #Jets

guess we will see   So youre saying theres a chance....

He is a tough guy and a good blocker but he can't get open. He doesn't have quick feet and is more of a Fullback than a TE in this day NFL

I think he’s pretty much tailor made to play the Sam role in a 4-3.
Play him in Eric Barton’s old role. They’re similar players anyway.
That's good to hear. Barton used to hit like a truck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk