Baldy: Wesco Reminiscent of Quentin Nelson

This is encouraging. At least, in a draft touted as deep at TE, we took one. WR was another depth area along with DT. We passed on WRs in favor of scraps, and we took DT at #3 when we could have gotten comparable DT later. So... I'm pretty down on this draft. It, as usual, seems very uninformed by a vision for what they want the team to be.

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I am not a fan. Yes he is tough and a good blocker but anyone could of gotten open in the Big 12. Sorry his feet is in the mud and he is not quick enough.  And the Jets didn't need to get him in the 4th round. They could of gotten him in the sixth. 

I'm not even kidding, this dude should gain 20lbs, learn how to snap a f*cking football and move to center. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I am not a fan. Yes he is tough and a good blocker but anyone could of gotten open in the Big 12. Sorry his feet is in the mud and he is not quick enough.  And the Jets didn't need to get him in the 4th round. They could of gotten him in the sixth. 

It’s a popular thing to say that a player taken could have been had in a later round.  In the end he was taken where he was taken in the real draft.  Maybe the mock drafts and analysts were wrong?

• Upvote 2

I like it. No he’s not fast but he doesn’t need to be to be a weapon. He’s a pain in the ass to bring down, can still catch and can block his ass off. Sounds like an asset to me. 

You still have Herndon and Leggett for your athletic TE. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Persiussa said:

It’s a popular thing to say that a player taken could have been had in a later round.  In the end he was taken where he was taken in the real draft.  Maybe the mock drafts and analysts were wrong?

Hey I hope I am wrong but this guy is not even listed as a TE on some College Football Websites. He is listed as a FB or maybe HB. He is to big for HB so what is he?  That is the problem. 

17 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

It would be cool if we drafted a tight end who resembled another tight end instead of one who resembles an offensive f*cking guard.

He compared him to rob gronkowski. He was a tight end for Patriots for many years.. Won a couple of super bowls and is likely going to hall of fame. 

I'm glad your dad signed you up for an account here.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I like guys like you that have the ability to see into the future and know everyone's draft boards.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Hey I hope I am wrong but this guy is not even listed as a TE on some College Football Websites. He is listed as a FB or maybe HB. He is to big for HB so what is he?  That is the problem. 

He’s a blocking TE to take over for Tomlinson. Hopefully he will end up being a better blocker and catcher though so it won’t automatically be a run call when he enters the game. People are quickly forgetting about Herndon who will be our primary receiving TE.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He compared him to rob gronkowski. He was a tight end for Patriots for many years.. Won a couple of super bowls and is likely going to hall of fame. 

I'm glad your dad signed you up for an account here.

Yes, great job comparing our stuck-in-the-mud, in-line blocking TE who caught 33 passes over four full seasons of college football (including community college) to arguably the greatest tight end of all time, who holds the following 16 NFL records....

D2dR0mLWoAAnPzS.thumb.jpg.40b45c87a5258e1cecb8247c4f7bcb24.jpg

This is why everyone hates Jets fans.

• Thumb Down 2

10 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Yes, great job comparing our stuck-in-the-mud, in-line blocking TE who caught 33 passes over four full seasons of college football (including community college) to arguably the greatest tight end of all time, who holds the following 16 NFL records....

This is why everyone hates Jets fans.

You are pretty clueless. I never compared him to Gronk. Baldinger did. That was the point I was trying to make. You clearly just came in here to rant your SOJF nonsense otherwise you would have known that he wasn't JUST compared to Nelson, he was compared to both Nelson and Gronk. 

• Upvote 2

This not a sexy pick but  it is the kind of pick that can really solidify an offense.  this guy is the best blocking TE in the draft.  He can lead block and also pass block on the edge and also has very good hands.  I bet Darnold and Bell are going to love this guy.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

It would be cool if we drafted a tight end who resembled another tight end instead of one who resembles an offensive f*cking guard.

Actually...I like his receiving skills as shown in this video.  And I wont be surprised if Gase uses Wesco and Herndon in 2 TE sets.

Download video

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You are pretty clueless. I never compared him to Gronk. Baldinger did. That was the point I was trying to make. You clearly just came in here to rant your SOJF nonsense otherwise you would have known that he wasn't JUST compared to Nelson, he was compared to both Nelson and Gronk. 

I never attacked you for comparing him to Gronkowski. I am, however, attacking the person who compared him to Gronkowski. Is that clear, or do I need to elaborate further so UuUuUuuU cAnNn uNdeRstAnD?

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is encouraging. At least, in a draft touted as deep at TE, we took one. WR was another depth area along with DT. We passed on WRs in favor of scraps, and we took DT at #3 when we could have gotten comparable DT later. So... I'm pretty down on this draft. It, as usual, seems very uninformed by a vision for what they want the team to be.

Seriously ? I rather think NOT since our next pick was in the 3rd round.

56 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

And you would know this for sure how ?

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Nonsense.  I heard the Giants were seriously considering taking him 6th overall.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1