Am I wrong for liking this draft?

There are parts to like for sure. Adding Quinnen and Polite is huge for the defense but Mac might as well have not shown up for day 3. I can live with the TE but we took 2 players who have 5 major surgeries combined.... Mac really trying maximize the value of our medical staff I guess? I know it's rare to find quality impact players on day 3 but we probably should have stayed put and selected Julian Love. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Honestly, I'm a bit shellshocked at reading all the negativity on this board. Especially about the draft and how it relates to Gase and Macc's relationship.  I don't know what to believe when it comes to Gase and Macc  being at war with each other. Suggesting that Macc threw the draft purposely seems insane. . I'm not sure if we are dysfunctional, or have our team pointed in the right direction. I am at a total loss. 

I was feeling pretty good about our draft before reading all the negative threads

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Like what you want. I remember people defending the 2014 draft and calling people SOJ fans for disliking it. 

Its the standard Mac draft, safest route taken in the firat round for the boring, uninspired layup, followed by a dumpster fire that will have to be corrected top to bottom within 4 years. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Surprised to see so much negativity across the forum. 

I thought they added a sure fire stud in the first round, and a good mix of upside and high floor guys after that. 

It was unfortunate the Jets didn’t have their second round pick, but trading future assets to acquire one isn’t responsible.

I think they had a solid if not spectacular draft.  Williams, Polite, Edoga, Tesco and Cashman should all be significant contributors this year.  Williams should start and I wouldn't be surprised if Polite and Edoga does as well. At the very least they should see a lot of action.  I really like the Wesco and Cashman picks as both are hardnosed productive players.  Neither will be starters, but I can see them contributing this year.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

That's where you screwed up.

This may turn out to be one of Macc's better drafts but that's not saying much and it won't be something that will save his job if things go south.

Am I wrong for liking this draft?

We have to give Macc the benefit of the doubt since right now nobody really knows.  These were productive players in college.  The Thursday/Friday guys have high upside and the Saturday guys look like good value picks.

In other words, "yes, you're wrong"

8 minutes ago, Mac is a Tool said:

Your fired.

*You’re

13 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I thought they added a sure fire stud in the first round, and a good mix of upside and high floor guys after that. 

It was unfortunate the Jets didn’t have their second round pick, but trading future assets to acquire one isn’t responsible.

Who cares, be your own man....you can whine and complain later. ?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Honestly, I'm a bit shellshocked at reading all the negativity on this board. Especially about the draft and how it relates to Gase and Macc's relationship.  I don't know what to believe when it comes to Gase and Macc  being at war with each other. Suggesting that Macc threw the draft purposely seems insane. . I'm not sure if we are dysfunctional, or have our team pointed in the right direction. I am at a total loss. 

I was feeling pretty good about our draft before reading all the negative threads

I'm with ya cope.  There's a lot of negativity here.  And lynch mob style hatred for Macc.

Stay woke. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If you're a person who wants to believe that the Jets are a relatively competent football organization with the potential, as constituted, to build toward a title within three years, you can go look up some draft grade hot takes from "analysts" who don't pay attention to the Jets for 362 days of the year and convince yourself that the Jets did pretty well.

If you're a person who's looking at recent performance of the general manager, the present constitution of the roster, and projecting what the roster looks like two years from now, then you hate this draft. 

You’re going to get a good feel for this draft class right away.  On opening day, Q is going to be starting and polite is going to be in on a good many passing downs.  It’s also possible that Edoga is the starting RT b/c shell sucks and still isn’t close to being ready to practice.  

Wesco will be integrated into the offense as well.  So we’ll see quickly.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Are you really surprised? 

Related image