WayneChrebet80

Am I wrong for liking this draft?

1 hour ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Surprised to see so much negativity across the forum. 

I thought they added a sure fire stud in the first round, and a good mix of upside and high floor guys after that. 

It was unfortunate the Jets didn’t have their second round pick, but trading future assets to acquire one isn’t responsible.

There is gonna be negativity on here no matter what I’ve accepted that. I think we had a strong draft.  Do I think every pick was fantastic? No but I think we added a impact player with Williams, a potential steal with the polite, and did add to the oline and a TE who can both block well and I feel can be a decent weapon for Sam

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

"Am I wrong for liking this draft?"

I think that this entire draft, outside of round 1, should have been about getting our 2nd year QB more weapons around him to give him the best chance to succeed (WR, OL), so yes, you are wrong for liking this draft.

No he isn’t wrong.  We did add OL help and a TE that can block and catch.  Plus we got Bell and Crowder in FA

44 minutes ago, Larz said:

Everybody likes this draft 

its getting solid reviews and basically a B grade 

Agreed. Ive been searching but I havent seen one analyst say we had a bad draft. On here....different story lol

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

That's what they say every year. Then reality sets in for Jets fans and we're staring at 3 starters in 4 years of drafting. Your post makes it sound like Jets fans are close minded A$$HOLES. Not true.

When did I say jet fans were close minded assholes?  Just because I refuse to be a doom and gloom fan doesnt mean I'm a Macc cheerleader. Ive bashed him many times.  I said this draft was a B which is pretty fair

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I know that the Cardinals draft is the "flavor of the month", but let's take it into perspective.  The Cardinals had 11 picks, we had six. That gives them a lot more flexibility than we had.

I don't buy into the perception that Kyler Murray is going to be a superstar in the NFL. They gave away Josh Rosen for that second round pick.  They could have done better, if they had marketed him sooner, and in the proper way. 

Byron Murphy is a nice player.  He wasn't going to be available to us.  Andy Isabella is going to be a good slot receiver.  We already have one, maybe two.  He wasn't a need for us. He wasn't available to us either.  Jachai Polite is a better player than Zack Allen.  We took him three picks later.

Hakeem Butler is a tall receiver, who flashes potential.  He also has hands of stone. He is no sure thing. We had more pressing needs in the 4th round, in my opinion.  Everyone was yelling about the Offensive Line.  They were right.  We took Edoga.  He will be a solid fixture on the Offensive Line for years to come. Our next pick in the 4th was the tight end Wesco.  Also a strong addition to the offensive line.  He can catch too.  Fits Adam Gase offensive philosophy to a "T".

The Cardinals 5th rounder was a safety.  No need to discuss that. Ours was a well regarded linebacker.  Maybe overkill, but he is a football player.  We need more of those.

The Cardinals two sixth rounders Gaillard and KeeSean Johnson, were taken before we picked. Johnson will be a rotational receiver, not a star. Nice player, I would rather have Anthony Johnson of Buffalo, who wasn't even drafted.  Gaillard is a good  prospect. Our draft pick in the sixth round was a reach.  That's being kind.   I think he would have been available as an UDFA.  Headscratcher.

We didn't have a seventh round draft choice.  It was traded to Minnesota to move up one spot  for Edoga.  Don't know why.  The Jets do.  I'm sure they had a reason.  The Cardinals took an Offensive Tackle, Defensive Tackle, and a Tight End.  Any Offensive Tackle taken in the seventh round is a project, or reach.  We drafted a Tight End who is miles better than a 7th rounder, and we don't need to discuss DT do we?

The way I see it, The Cardinals overdrafted Kyler Murray, who came at the expense of the #1 overall pick,  last years #1 pick, [#10 overall] plus the draft capital they had to sacrifice to move up to get Rosen in the first place.  A #3 and #5 to the Raiders. That's a lot to give up for Murray.  Hope for their sake they're right.  They drafted a ton of receivers, and did little to nothing to upgrade their woeful Offensive Line. If a sixth and seventh round draft pick was all we dedicated to upgrading our line the board would go ballistic.  Oh, that's right, they already are.  Murray will be running for his life, much as Rosen did last year.  Good thing he's a lot faster, and more mobile.

I understand your desire for another Wide Receiver.  I don't have your same opinion that it's a pressing need.  We'll see.

Good Post. Look I know many simply just wanted offense but it doesnt work that way especially in this draft which quite frankly much stronger on the defensive side

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company