WayneChrebet80

Am I wrong for liking this draft?

21 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I liked it up until day 3 🤷🏾‍♂️

I'm a little confused as to why so many people are so down on day three.

As soon as Wesco was taken all the commentators on ESPN were thrilled by this pick a tough nose blocking tight end that has come on as a pass catcher the second half of his senior year. His own HC claims he was the best player yer on the team and West Virginia is pretty good to say the least. At 270 lbs he is the heaviest TE in this draft. Mel Kiper says Darnald will be thrilled with him, Baldinger compared him to Gronk and Q. Without seeing play a down in the NFL yet i cant see hating this pick.

Blake Cashmen?  I would have rather OLINE  help, or wide receiver, but Cashman was ranked by highly respected sources in the top 70 players. While not the ideal position, all indicaions point to looking to replace Lee.

I cant explain the Austin pick. Not playing 19 out of 20 past games leads me to believe that this player would have been taken much higher if he had stayed healthy. So it's strictly a gamble late in the draft.

I just dont see how disastrous day 3 ( and the rest of our draft) was.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I disagree with knocking the recent performance of the GM.  Since the offseason began we have added an all pro RB and LB, a former pro bowl guard, an upgrade at slot corner and slot receiver, and haven't lost anyone of value from last year.  He participated in picking an offensive HC to help our rookie QB improve in his second year, and in choosing a much better defensive coaching staff.  No can tell how a draft will turn out for a few years but he picked a consensus stud at DT and attempted to address edge rusher, OL, and blocking TE.  He had limited picks and couldn't do everything but the roster as now constituted is significantly better than last year.  Hating this draft  immediately is just following the narrative of cynicism that gets a rise out of people on the board, but isn't based on an objective analysis. 

This^^^

13 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Wish we would have drafted a WR or RB in rounds 4/5, but whatever. Still feel like they haven't done enough through the draft (this year or last) to help Darnold.

We just  signed a UDFA Wr and RB

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company