Am I wrong for liking this draft?

Q and Polite are good picks. The other guys I have zero faith that any of them will turn into a starter. The Rutgers db might be the worst pick since Wackenberg. No reason we couldn't have gotten that turd as an udfa. Get a C for Sam's sake. Putz!!!! ?

Agree ably the DB. Seems ridiculous to even take s flyer on him.

I will say the the TE was talked about quite a bit prior to the draft though. I heard Kirwan, Polian and PFF among others specifically call him one of the best sleepers the whole draft. I listened to one conversation which was actually comparing him to Hockinson. There were thoughts that Wesco may even have the better career when it’s all said and done. Realistic? Maybe not but he’s a very good pick who could be our Todd Heap in a year or two. Except Wesco is a devastating Blocker as well.

That’s my favorite pick of our stupid draft. lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Quinnen Williams - He was not my preference, but I can't bash the pick. I thought he had the second best tape in the class behind Bosa. 

Jachai Polite - I loved this pick and it made me feel better about the Williams pick. 

Chuma Edoga - I liked the pick as I knew he had a good senior bowl week and good analytics

Trevon Wesco - the 1st guy I didn't know anything about. But, based on my research, I like the choice and I think he will fit the offense well. 

Blake Cashman - I am a lot higher on him than most. I started tracking him after he killed the combine and some places that I really respect (the draft network and PFF) were high on him. He is basically Darron Lee, except this time we picked him in the 5th round instead of the 1st round. 

Blessuan Austin - A garbage pick. Bad injury history and bad testing numbers. 

I give the draft a B+. When the worst thing you can say is that the 6th round pick sucked, you had a good draft. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Quinnen Williams - He was not my preference, but I can't bash the pick. I thought he had the second best tape in the class behind Bosa. 

Jachai Polite - I loved this pick and it made me feel better about the Williams pick. 

Chuma Edoga - I liked the pick as I knew he had a good senior bowl week and good analytics

Trevon Wesco - the 1st guy I didn't know anything about. But, based on my research, I like the choice and I think he will fit the offense well. 

Blake Cashman - I am a lot higher on him than most. I started tracking him after he killed the combine and some places that I really respect (the draft network and PFF) were high on him. He is basically Darron Lee, except this time we picked him in the 5th round instead of the 1st round. 

Blessuan Austin - A garbage pick. Bad injury history and bad testing numbers. 

I give the draft a B+. When the worst thing you can say is that the 6th round pick sucked, you had a good draft. 

Man this is the greatest description of this player, not sure if accurate but I liked this draft too..

46 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Man this is the greatest description of this player, not sure if accurate but I liked this draft too..

I'm not kidding. Compare their combine results:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/darron-lee?id=2555322

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/blake-cashman?id=32194341-5331-6185-2b37-0d7120bc9212

They are almost identical (except for the broad jump where Lee outjumped Cashman by 9 inches). 

46 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

NFL Network is replaying the draft and they just had the Jets pick of Q and one commentator said “every Alabama game this year he was the most dominant player in the field. Every game”.  

Yeah we got a good one. 

I still like the quote "blocking Quinnen Williams is like trying to block a 300Lb bar of soap", just a great line.