**** UDFA 2019 ****

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Pardon me, my fellow Jets friend - but no. You're entitled to feel which ever way you want to about draft - but that's your view, and doesn't translate on my end. I have no idea? You have no idea. I put in the time, motherfcker (affectionately used). 

For better or worse, silly or not, I've immersed myself in the process. Hell, i've had text convos with Tytus Howard - the LT that HOU just drafted in round 1. I've talked to the coach of Slippery rock and got tape sent to me of their running back. I've been on podcasts in Alabama - not even sure if that's a good thing....  and on and on and on... 

I love the jets. I love you. I want to win... we're altogether in that respect... but back the fck up with trying to tell me i don't have a clue

Now this is just spectacular.  lol 

Lovingly said of course 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, thshadow said:

Dortch's highlight reel looked pretty nice.  Here's some stats of his that I found:

Player College Adjusted Age Height Weight 40 Cone cMSRECYD cMSRECTD creyptpa cretdptpa MSRECYD MSRECTD reyptpa retdptpa
Jamison Crowder Duke 20.7 68 185 4.56 7.17 0.29 0.27 1.91 0.012 0.37 0.26 2.22 0.013
Greg Dortch Wake Forest 19.7 67 173 4.46* 6.82* 0.38 0.4 2.84 0.027 0.4 0.33 2.67 0.02

Looks like another letter from the Zodiac. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Can you just lie to us on this one? Please? 

Can’t lie....but will say, those poor guys on the line had sh*tty coaching.  Great, great young man, he’ll give it his all, played whatever position he was asked to play on the line and never complained.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not that Mr. @Paradis needs anyone defending him but I can say that he knows a thing or 2 or ....6 million about this stuff.  Evaluating college prospects turned from a hobby into an obsession (and now almost a business?) over more than 10 years. How do I know that? Because I met him at the Jets-Chargers playoff game (road trip for all of us) in 2009 and after about 10 minutes of talking Jets football at the bar the night before (and boring my wife and his girlfriend half to death) he pivoted to the topic of nickel CBs coming out of the SEC. This is like 12 hours before the Jets most important football since the AFCCG in Denver. I knew then and there I was dealing with a unique bird who would always know 100x more than I do about preparing for the Annual National Football League Player Selection Meeting (what everyone else calls the Draft). I value his opinion more than Mel Kiper’s....but we’re all entitled to our opinions. Just sharing mine. 

haha - i'm not sure this paints me in a good light. You flatter me with your prose and words... I need grounding though. God do i ever... The last 7-8 years have devolved me as a poster into this jaded mess you see now. Me and @DMan77 are cool. I get where's coming from - no one really knows. 

We used to be a united front.. (well, except those Penningtologists)... but the last 10 years of bad roster management has really created friction amongst fans. We all want the same thing, to be arm-in-arm, drunk and singing songs of victory after winning the big one. 

We'll get there... just not the easy way. 

18373_445800115642_2629186_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

I’m more excited about dortch, moore, and Kyron Brown than our day 3 picks. Hopefully 1 or 2 pleasantly surprise us

I think we've got a chance to be pleasantly surprised by either Wesco or Cashman, but likely not both.  That would be too much to ask.

Macc certainly seems to have his routine down in terms of where he likes to take certain positions.  Wesco is what, his third TE drafted along with Leggett and Herndon?  What rounds were each of those TEs taken?

He's now taken 2 DTs in the Top 6 of the draft.

He likes late round CBs.

He doesn't like to draft OLine.

This guy has a pattern.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

haha - i'm not sure this paints me in a good light. You flatter me with your prose and words... I need grounding though. God do i ever... The last 7-8 years have devolved me as a poster into this jaded mess you see now. Me and @DMan77 are cool. I get where's coming from - no one really knows. 

We used to be a united front.. (well, except those Penningtologists)... but the last 10 years of bad roster management has really created friction amongst fans. We all want the same thing, to be arm-in-arm, drunk and singing songs of victory after winning the big one. 

Wait I met Paradis? I was at that game but I was party tricking chugging beers through my nose most of the  afternoon and I don’t remember a lot of stuff that happened that day.

Edit...it was some beer and some tequila

1659EE0B-FBDB-44ED-8BAF-6D1F56EF370D.jpeg

407A4109-2E9F-458C-931A-83087CD8CDD5.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

One of the best road trips ever.  We owned downtown San Diego that night, their parking lot the next day and then the stadium where we won the AFC Divisional Game.  Good times.

IMG_0225.thumb.jpg.1682104791017e2a6e68306f9badb22e.jpg

And yes, Tokyo, Mrs. JS 23 got a big kick out of you! :D 

IMG_0203.thumb.jpg.b0d91e8ba916c0c1d5ff85fc61ff3756.jpg

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

One of the best road trips ever.  We owned downtown San Diego that night, their parking lot the next day and then the stadium where we won the AFC Divisional Game.  Good times.

IMG_0225.thumb.jpg.1682104791017e2a6e68306f9badb22e.jpg

And yes, Tokyo, Mrs. JS 23 got a big kick out of you! :D 

IMG_0203.thumb.jpg.b0d91e8ba916c0c1d5ff85fc61ff3756.jpg

The one thing I do remember clearly were the police recommending we leave the parking lot before we got our asses kicked after the game. Good times.  Oh and Jayz’s Empire State of mind playing over and over at the Jets Bar after the win.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, TokyoJetsFan said:

The one thing I do remember clearly were the police recommending we leave the parking lot before we got our asses kicked after the game. Good times.  Oh and Jayz’s Empire State of mind playing over and over at the Jets Bar after the win.

No idea what you're talking about.  We were very polite and gracious NY Jets fans that day!

IMG_0249.thumb.jpg.5d5ba5006ddc0b9708c3933ab9d49654.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Hands down funnest road trip game I’ve been to.  Winning helped of course.

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

No idea what you're talking about.  We were very polite and gracious NY Jets fans that day!

IMG_0249.thumb.jpg.5d5ba5006ddc0b9708c3933ab9d49654.jpg

Honest to god, one of my best memories. The whole weekend. Just endless smiles and laughs. 

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Wait I met Paradis? I was at that game but I was party tricking chugging beers through my nose most of the  afternoon and I don’t remember a lot of stuff that happened that day.

Edit...it was some beer and some tequila

1659EE0B-FBDB-44ED-8BAF-6D1F56EF370D.jpeg

407A4109-2E9F-458C-931A-83087CD8CDD5.jpeg

First thing Drew says to me, hey this is Tokyo. He drinks beer through his nose

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I think we've got a chance to be pleasantly surprised by either Wesco or Cashman, but likely not both.  That would be too much to ask.

Macc certainly seems to have his routine down in terms of where he likes to take certain positions.  Wesco is what, his third TE drafted along with Leggett and Herndon?  What rounds were each of those TEs taken?

He's now taken 2 DTs in the Top 6 of the draft.

He likes late round CBs.

He doesn't like to draft OLine.

This guy has a pattern.

Well if you consider the value of the player's position, and the round they are drafted, when it comes time for their second contract then this would be smart thinking in my opinion. I would believe it also probably ties in with the players future trade value? I'm sure there is a method to Macs Madness.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Well if you consider the value of the player's position, and the round they are drafted, when it comes time for their second contract then this would be smart thinking in my opinion. I would believe it also probably ties in with the players future trade value? I'm sure there is a method to Macs Madness.

How sure?

:P

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

WHY would you want to drink through your damn nose? What happened to this thread?

Ha!  It was when we had a good football team and were in playoff games....so anything was acceptable.

I also think Tokyo also did this way back when on the David Letterman show one night if I remember correctly.  Stupid human tricks.

In any event, it worked.  We won.

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha!  It was when we had a good football team and were in playoff games....so anything was acceptable.

I also think Tokyo also did this way back when on the David Letterman show one night if I remember correctly.  Stupid human tricks.

In any event, it worked.  We won.

Doesn't that seem like it was back in the 50's now??