The Last three picks by Mac

12 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

I agree with most of this. We will never build a team of depth because this clown only knows how to draft rounds 1-2

Its strictly BPA. Thats why it was 90% defense when our offense is in shambles. We have picked 1 OL since 2007 in the 2nd rnd or above. Turns out it was Vlad Dookie-ass in the 2nd in 2010. A total ignorant bust of a lineman. 

34 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Hello Jet fans

I just had to write this. This is why you want to run Mac out of town but then he comes back and picks a winner.  There is no in between with him. Either it is horrible or it is a great pick. So far the only player you could say that is Chuma. But it agravates me when you have a deep draft where every pick counts especially on a team that has not been at the top for years.  But when you whiff on two players like Mac has done you get upset.  For all who like Wesco as a pick I have no problem with you. You like him. I can't change your opinion. But I watched at least 50 games this year from the Big 12 and seen this player many times.  He is a good blocker and has good hands but his feet is in the mud when he has to go down field. If you can't catch 20 passes in the no defense big 12 than you have a problem. For me Mac could of gotten a big time WR or Galliard at Center with this pick. Galliard was the All SEC 1st team Center.  This was a fail.  I am sorry.    Now for all of you that hate me or don't know what I am talking about than go on Walter Football or NFL Draft Maven and see where they rate Wesco.    They don't even list him in the TE category on the Draft Maven.  More of a Fullback.  If they wanted a TE they could of drafted Kaden Smith, out of a well coached TE school Stanford or Alize Mack out of Notre Dame. 

Now for the Cornerback. Didn't the Jets learn with Milner and Mcdougle that you don't pick injured players.  Why?!!  Why?!!  How good can he be if he plays for Rutgers and not an LSU or Clemson.  Another total fail.   You want a Cornerback go get Jimmy Moreland from James Madison whose upside is huge or Jordan Brown from South Dakota St.  Yeah not big Division 1 programs but we seen their talent.  And again he passed up big time wide receivers in Harmon, Doss, Hall or Morgan.   I just don't get him.

At least he did draft a big time warrior in Blake Cashman who will make you very happy. He is tough and is all over the field and reminds you of Luke Keuchly when he was in college. He was the team leader at Univerity of Minnesota and a tough cookie.   

So this was an up and down draft on the third day for MAC. 

First day he couldn't  miss. He got the top rated player in College.  I would of rather have gotten the Edge rusher but than on the second day he got that with Polite. He was my riser and 7th best edge rusher and moving up a couple of rankings. Yeah he didn't draft my 3rd best edge rusher with Winovich being that player. And damn he went to where else.............. The Patriots.  And the USC OT Edoba was solid especially watching him at the Senior Bowl. And again the Patriots took the other OT I was thinking the Jets might take in the West Virginia OT Yodny Cajuste who I loved watching during the season. Cajuste looked like a better pass protector and Edoba a better run protector but then you seen the stats on pass protection which was great. And his protection at the Senior Bowl just aced that.   

But I just Wished I could of came out of today saying we got three excellent players.  But I feel we got 1 and a half.

So again this was my opinion.  Like to hear yours.   

Wtf are you talking about... Straight from your walterfootball.com

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/jetsb_logo.gif

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Trevon Wesco, TE, West Virginia B Grade 
Trevon Wesco is a versatile player who can be used at tight end, H-back and fullback. He makes sense in this range, as I had him pegged as a Round 4-5 player. He doesn't fill a big need, but he can be used as a decent mismatch weapon. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades4.php#e8K6lsO3bL8Il2Kd.99

New York Jets: Blessuan Austin, CB, Rutgers B+ Grade 
Blessuan Austin is the sort of cornerback the Seahawks typically like, and he would've been chosen much earlier than this if it weren't for health concerns. He has torn the same knee twice in the past two seasons, so it's unknown if he'll be able to play very much. He's worth the risk here, but there's a chance he may never take the field. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades6.php#0E9YBUHROxsuhGqW.99

Dumb comments when you quote a source that doesn't agree with you

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

Hello Jet fans
      I just had to write this. This is why you want to run Mac out of town but then he comes back and picks a winner.  There is no in between with him. Either it is horrible or it is a great pick. So far the only player you could say that is Chuma. But it agravates me when you have a deep draft where every pick counts especially on a team that has not been at the top for years.  But when you whiff on two players like Mac has done you get upset.  For all who like Wesco as a pick I have no problem with you. You like him. I can't change your opinion. But I watched at least 50 games this year from the Big 12 and seen this player many times.  He is a good blocker and has good hands but his feet is in the mud when he has to go down field. If you can't catch 20 passes in the no defense big 12 than you have a problem. For me Mac could of gotten a big time WR or Galliard at Center with this pick. Galliard was the All SEC 1st team Center.  This was a fail.  I am sorry.    Now for all of you that hate me or don't know what I am talking about than go on Walter Football or NFL Draft Maven and see where they rate Wesco.    They don't even list him in the TE category on the Draft Maven.  More of a Fullback.  If they wanted a TE they could of drafted Kaden Smith, out of a well coached TE school Stanford or Alize Mack out of Notre Dame. 
Now for the Cornerback. Didn't the Jets learn with Milner and Mcdougle that you don't pick injured players.  Why?!!  Why?!!  How good can he be if he plays for Rutgers and not an LSU or Clemson.  Another total fail.   You want a Cornerback go get Jimmy Moreland from James Madison whose upside is huge or Jordan Brown from South Dakota St.  Yeah not big Division 1 programs but we seen their talent.  And again he passed up big time wide receivers in Harmon, Doss, Hall or Morgan.   I just don't get him.
At least he did draft a big time warrior in Blake Cashman who will make you very happy. He is tough and is all over the field and reminds you of Luke Keuchly when he was in college. He was the team leader at Univerity of Minnesota and a tough cookie.   
First day he couldn't  miss. He got the top rated player in College.  I would of rather have gotten the Edge rusher but than on the second day he got that with Polite. He was my riser and 7th best edge rusher and moving up a couple of rankings. Yeah he didn't draft my 3rd best edge rusher with Winovich being that player. And damn he went to where else.............. The Patriots.  And the USC OT Edoba was solid especially watching him at the Senior Bowl. And again the Patriots took the other OT I was thinking the Jets might take in the West Virginia OT Yodny Cajuste who I loved watching during the season. Cajuste looked like a better pass protector and Edoba a better run protector but then you seen the stats on pass protection which was great. And his protection at the Senior Bowl just aced that.   
  But I just Wished I could of came out of today saying we got three excellent players.  But I feel we got 1 and a half.

Out of curiosity why was Polite 7th vs Winovich third? Polite had elite production at a big time school, on a team with little other talent.

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

Kaden Smith? Are you kidding? You criticize Wesco for having feet in the mud and then say the Jets should have drafted Kaden Smith? Smith is slow as an oxe. He didn't plummet in the draft by accident.

Tony is proving more and more that he has no clue what he is talking about... 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Wtf are you talking about... Straight from your walterfootball.com

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/jetsb_logo.gif

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Trevon Wesco, TE, West Virginia B Grade 
Trevon Wesco is a versatile player who can be used at tight end, H-back and fullback. He makes sense in this range, as I had him pegged as a Round 4-5 player. He doesn't fill a big need, but he can be used as a decent mismatch weapon. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades4.php#e8K6lsO3bL8Il2Kd.99

New York Jets: Blessuan Austin, CB, Rutgers B+ Grade 
Blessuan Austin is the sort of cornerback the Seahawks typically like, and he would've been chosen much earlier than this if it weren't for health concerns. He has torn the same knee twice in the past two seasons, so it's unknown if he'll be able to play very much. He's worth the risk here, but there's a chance he may never take the field. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades6.php#0E9YBUHROxsuhGqW.99

Dumb comments when you quote a source that doesn't agree with you

1. WestVirginia_logo.gif Trevon Wesco, FB, West Virginia 
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 267. Arm: 34.63. Hand: 9.38.
    40 Time: 4.89. Three Cone: 7.18.
    Bench: 24. Vertical: 31. Broad: 9-9.
    Projected Round (2019): 6-FA.

4/23/19: Given the passing-driven nature of the Big XII, one wouldn't think that an NFL fullback prospect could come out of college's version of the arena league. Wesco played tight end for the Mountaineers and caught 26 receptions for 366 yards and a touchdown in 2018. He played some fullback at the Senior Bowl though, and he could transition to the position in the NFL. Wesco would need to lose weight, but he could be a nice check-down receiving h-back.    From Walter Football !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Tony is proving more and more that he has no clue what he is talking about... 

I said the Jets shouldn't of drafted no tight end here when there were better players from positions more needed.  But you don't know how to read. You just come here and just want to be the annoying blank that you are. And yes Kaden Smith is not a burner. Yes he ran a 4.93 at the Combine and Wesco ran a 4.89.   

But Walter Football like you quoted me had Kaden Smith as a high 3 round to low 5 round on him. And NFL Draft Scout Maven had Smith the number 4 rated TE.  And NFL Draft Countdown had Kaden number 7 on their board.  Wesco was number 13.  So go back watching Soap Operas.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Just my 2-cents ( and it may not be worth even that) the negativity that surrounds this team , mostly from the fans, is all based on recent history (being the last 10-15 years) - no matter what the Jets do, it is like a white cloud at first, till it sinks in, then turns dark with thunder and lightening and flash floods.  If these were the Patriots or Steelers , different result, and much more optimism. All the players picked in this years draft, we know have the potential to make some impact - like any other draft, of course - but in this case, what makes it special and unique is the coaching staff that has been put in place. There's is no possible way to undermine the importance of this concept, yet even before these  new Jets are even putting on their uniforms, all hell breaks lose and the shouts for the GM's head become pronounced.

I for one, being one of the fortunate few to have watched Super Bowl III, have always found it necessary to always keep these events on a positive side of the equation, simply because it so much like being on the battle field in the foxhole - you don't want the guy next to you abandoning his watch thinking all is lost while your being shot at from all sides.

There's a lot to be looking forward to here with this team , players like Darnold, Adams , the 2 William's , Anderson, Jenkins, Herndon, Maye......I think we're close, but like I mentioned, 2 cents doesn't go very far these days...

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Phillyjet said:

I think overall this was a meat and potatoes draft.  Like the Day 1 picks a lot, all three can be starters on this team within a year.  And Quinnen will start day 1.  I really do like the upside of Wesco in Round 4.  An extra lineman if you will with soft hands.  Between him and Edoga our run game improved.  And the two TE sets will be fun to watch.  Cashman is a great special teamer and may yet find his way into the lineup within a year or two.  Or he will be oft injured and out the door within a couple of years. The Austin pick is similar to the Jones and Clark picks 2 years ago... devalued athletes for injury or position switch with great measurables.  Flyers at the end of the end of the draft with high ceilings.  Jones looks like he may hit; Clark so far not so much.  

My overall review on Macc is mixed.  I don’t think he is just a Round 1 guy.  The Hack pick is what it was, a bad fail.  Devin Smith was beset by injuries, hard to kill him on that.  And Maye may go that route if he doesn’t have a healthy year but Maye is good.  Round 3 has netted us Jenkins and Herndon who are pretty solid.  The 5th round gave us Brandon Shell.  While the back-end has been weak so far, I am still waiting to see what McGuire will do this year, and Macc has had a knack for trading late picks for players like Anderson (and even Rashard Robinson, who may yet have a good year).  And most of all, he made the ballsy trade to go up and get Darnold.  Make no mistake, that was a ballsy trade that boxed out the other QB teams and shocked the NFL world weeks before the draft.  

On the downside, I do think he outthinks himself.  And in particular, he drafts on measurables without a feel for the overall team personality.  If you watch a Seahawks, Ravens, or Steelers draft, they are continually a thing of beauty.  You can see the personality traits for their players throughout the draft process.  For the Jets, there seems to be no sum to all the parts.  All arguably picked in the right place, but lacking a sense of identity for the team.   You never want to draft for need, but the great teams seem to set up their boards in a way that gives them flexibility to put their identity on the draft.  Macc has not learned to do that, so we enter another year wondering what the identity of this team really is. And with major holes on the roster.

Interesting take. 

2 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Hello Jet fans

Bottom line. Mac and his crew should have done hours and hours of homework on the non obvious picks. Q Williams obviously needed zero extensive study. So while we look on the other picks and judge, you have to assume Mac knew, could/should have known a ton of info on these players that we couldn’t possibly know. So let’s wait and judge 

What the? Who the hell do people think is available in the 5th and 6th round? These guys ALLLLLLL have flaws! They're all risks! A top 10 pick did not slip to the 5th round! Good grief...

I don't care who everyone thought the better prospect was around those picks. You have ZERO idea right now how people will play.

The Jets went with some high risk/solid reward picks, and I'm fine with that. 

from a Rutgers fan/season ticket holder; Bless will probably be named a starting corner week 1.  He is a mccourty level talent.  The question is will he be healthy come week 2.

The other side, Rutgers fans know he tweaked a hamstring week 1 last year making a ridiculous interception but no one knows why he didn’t come back.  It could be he was unwilling to play and risk further injury for the dumpster fire that is Coach Ash and Rutgers football the rest of last season.  I can’t blame him if that was the case.

54 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Not drafting a WR is unforgivable IMO.  Plenty of decent ones available up and down the 3rd and 4th rounds.  Only a Mac apologist can explain away any of the day 3 picks.  Putrid.   

which receiver did you want? edge was a bigger need in round 2, and i am not sure any receivers taken after the jets picked in 3 or later were any good.

Hello Jet fans

I honestly wish you would just stfu and disappear forever.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, Watchoutnow2 said:

from a Rutgers fan/season ticket holder; Bless will probably be named a starting corner week 1.  He is a mccourty level talent.  The question is will he be healthy come week 2.

The other side, Rutgers fans know he tweaked a hamstring week 1 last year making a ridiculous interception but no one knows why he didn’t come back.  It could be he was unwilling to play and risk further injury for the dumpster fire that is Coach Ash and Rutgers football the rest of last season.  I can’t blame him if that was the case.

if he is healthy or at least not hurt why are the jets saying he could be PUP? i kind of had a hard time figuring out what his actual recovery status is right now...

7 minutes ago, Watchoutnow2 said:

Didn't he make negative comments towards the Rutgers program on Twitter? 

27 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

which receiver did you want? edge was a bigger need in round 2, and i am not sure any receivers taken after the jets picked in 3 or later were any good.

I had mentioned Hakeem Butler, Riley Ridley, Kelvin Harmon as potential day 3 targets earlier today.  All would have been worthy picks.   .  Jalen Hurd, Hunter Renfrow, Gary Jennings are a few others that would have been wiser selections than any of our day 3 picks. IMO.

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

and in most cases 2 knees

?

I can see how some risks weigh more in peoples heads. Injuries are tricky, and structural damage clearly isn't a joke.

It's definitely a dice roll. I'm not going to say "high reward", but I do think when healthy a couple of those guys are starter caliber... And I'm okay with taking that risk once in a while instead of maybe, say, on a guy who's risk is "can he learn to use his hands better?" or "will he be able to shed blocks", know what I mean? 

It's just a different gamble. He took a bunch of guys that don't necessarily need to reinvent themselves to make it in the NFL... They just need to, you know, not need metal rods throughout their body... 

2 hours ago, Bomberjet said:

Just my 2-cents ( and it may not be worth even that) the negativity that surrounds this team , mostly from the fans, is all based on recent history (being the last 10-15 years) - no matter what the Jets do, it is like a white cloud at first, till it sinks in, then turns dark with thunder and lightening and flash floods.  If these were the Patriots or Steelers , different result, and much more optimism. All the players picked in this years draft, we know have the potential to make some impact - like any other draft, of course - but in this case, what makes it special and unique is the coaching staff that has been put in place. There's is no possible way to undermine the importance of this concept, yet even before these  new Jets are even putting on their uniforms, all hell breaks lose and the shouts for the GM's head become pronounced.

I for one, being one of the fortunate few to have watched Super Bowl III, have always found it necessary to always keep these events on a positive side of the equation, simply because it so much like being on the battle field in the foxhole - you don't want the guy next to you abandoning his watch thinking all is lost while your being shot at from all sides.

There's a lot to be looking forward to here with this team , players like Darnold, Adams , the 2 William's , Anderson, Jenkins, Herndon, Maye......I think we're close, but like I mentioned, 2 cents doesn't go very far these days...

Close is good in horseshoes and hand grenades....we want to be in front...these picks won't do that,,bottom line.....