WILL THERE BE A POST DRAFT PRESSER? LOTS OF QUESTIONS NEED ANSWERING!

32EBoozer

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

* Why no trade down?

* Any attempt to get back into 2nd?

* Why no WR or RB?

* What do you know that no one else does about the Rutgers DB?

* Reports about dissent within the war room.

Yeah because you’re gonna get actual answers from those. Cmon. 

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

* Why no trade down?

Because the trades offered were a steaming pile.

* Any attempt to get back into 2nd?

Why? Did u want him to give up 2020 picks?

* Why no WR or RB?

We sighed Bell & Montgomery. And drafted another TE.

* What do you know that no one else does about the Rutgers DB?

Total Stab he’ll get healthy. 

* Reports about dissent within the war room.

Yea right.

Why bother even questioning this the guy is one the worst GMs ever to run a franchise hopefully the rumors are true and Gase wins and Mac is gone probably worst draft he has done so far. Williams  and Trevon Wesco only immediate  contributors the rest are crap shoots and projects. One thing I understand why he traded up to get Wesco the guy was Gronk like in school he catches everything and breaks tackles could also double as a FB very underrated player. But the rest of this draft I think is horrible did nothing to fix the hole at center CB and if Polite who has issues shows up with the attitude he has now the Jets will still have no edge rusher.

Mac definitely seemed a little defensive and pissed off. Looking at it objectively it's not like he was stumbling and looking for answers. I think they actually did their homework and they actually like these players. It was very telling when he explained the reason why he moved up one spot cuz I think he was targeting a few centers and they got taken right before he was going to pick them. In fact they were many players that got picked from the second round down that I wanted and I'm sure he wanted. Granted there's probably about five teams that did incredible and we're all envious, but you have to incorporate everything involved. He keeps saying Pro free agency, undrafted free agency, contracts, young players we've already drafted, and Veteran free agents that are still out there and will become available on the free-agent wire. I'm not ready to give the guy a handjob but I definitely don't think he's as clueless as some of you.

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why did you draft a QB #3 if you never intended to protect him and give him a chance to grow?

Go ask Ryan Leaf, Ray Rice, Tyreek Hill, Josh Gordon, Richie Incognito, Chad Pennington, Andrew Luck, and Chad Ochocinco!!!! I'm pretty sure they can kind of tell you why everything isn't a sure thing!

30 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Go ask Ryan Leaf, Ray Rice, Tyreek Hill, Josh Gordon, Richie Incognito, Chad Pennington, Andrew Luck, and Chad Ochocinco!!!! I'm pretty sure they can kind of tell you why everything isn't a sure thing!

What does this mean? 

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why did you draft a QB #3 if you never intended to protect him and give him a chance to grow?

He was one of the best QBs in the NFL the last few weeks of the season and then he added a Hall of Fame RB, high end slot WR, traded for Osemele, drafted the highest grade pass blocking OT and also drafted a great blocking tight end.... Yeah, you don't have any SOJF bias.

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I beg to differ. Traded for a former PB OLINEman, signed Bell, signed Compton, slot Wr, drafted Wesco and Darnald's former Olineman from USC. What more? Center possibly? We have Harrison and Toth, I'm sure a vet or UDFA will be signed

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He was one of the best QBs in the NFL the last few weeks of the season and then he added a Hall of Fame RB, high end slot WR, traded for Osemele, drafted the highest grade pass blocking OT and also drafted a great blocking tight end.... Yeah, you don't have any SOJF bias.

Seriously, one of the best QB the last 4 games went 1 and 3?

Highest graded OT was drafted with his 2nd third round pick? 

Drafted a blocking TE , that most play FB - who has very catches over his career - over high quality Centers still on the board?

Osemele will be lucky to play 8 or 9 games this year - if he can get back to form.

If you want to look at Mac with rose colored glasses I won't stop you and certainly won't call you names - but this was the year to commit premium resources to protecting Sam - thinking long term but instead our top resource went to stopping the run in a passing league.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Seriously, one of the best QB the last 4 games went 1 and 3?

Highest graded OT was drafted with his 2nd third round pick? 

Drafted a blocking TE , that most play FB - who has very catches over his career - over high quality Centers still on the board?

Osemele will be lucky to play 8 or 9 games this year - if he can get back to form.

If you want to look at Mac with rose colored glasses I won't stop you and certainly won't call you names - but this was the year to commit premium resources to protecting Sam - thinking long term but instead our top resource went to stopping the run in a passing league.

You must be fun to sit next to at Jets games.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You must be fun to sit next to at Jets games.

Seriously, are you honestly telling me this team has been good and Mac has done a good job?

Am I to just say I think our GM is great because I'm a fan?  I supported the guy much longer than most did - but he has proven to not have a coherent plan. 

There are some things I do like about him - but his ability to build a roster simply isn't one of them.

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Seriously, are you honestly telling me this team has been good and Mac has done a good job?

Am I to just say I think our GM is great because I'm a fan?  I supported the guy much longer than most did - but he has proven to not have a coherent plan. 

There are some things I do like about him - but his ability to build a roster simply isn't one of them.

I think this team has improved drastically since before last year's draft to date. If you can't see that I feel really sorry for you.

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think this team has improved drastically since before last year's draft to date. If you can't see that I feel really sorry for you.

I completely agree with this - no question this is a MUCH better team.  And should be much more fun to watch.  

With that said, I guess I'm just dissapointed because I thought with the drafting of Darnold the Jets would pivot their mindset to focus their resources primarily on offense (I believe building a strong offense is what makes for consistent playoff appearances) but it seems defense seems to be the priority over offense.  Spending huge amounts of cap space on a MLB (even as good as he is) and leaving centers to go to division rivals makes little sense to me.  Drafting another DT at #3 overall makes little sense to me ---- Bell was a great move but we we're still short a legitimate #1 WR and have a well below average O-line.  To me, this was the time to go all in on Oline, whatever it takes the o-line should have been the top priority.

So yes, I've def. gone overboard with my dislike of this draft, but i'm just frustrated.

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I completely agree with this - no question this is a MUCH better team.  And should be much more fun to watch.  

With that said, I guess I'm just dissapointed because I thought with the drafting of Darnold the Jets would pivot their mindset to focus their resources primarily on offense (I believe building a strong offense is what makes for consistent playoff appearances) but it seems defense seems to be the priority over offense.  Spending huge amounts of cap space on a MLB (even as good as he is) and leaving centers to go to division rivals makes little sense to me.  Drafting another DT at #3 overall makes little sense to me ---- Bell was a great move but we we're still short a legitimate #1 WR and have a well below average O-line.  To me, this was the time to go all in on Oline, whatever it takes the o-line should have been the top priority.

So yes, I've def. gone overboard with my dislike of this draft, but i'm just frustrated.

I get it. Being a Jets fan is frustrating. I can't remember when it wasn't. 

But I see things trending up... and not in a minor way. I think this team can be real good this year. Could we use a better center or CB? Probably, but I think the talent level of this team is better than it has been in a while and the team is young and I think we finally have the right head coach. 

And if things turn to crap again this year, no worries, Macc will be gone whether everyone here screams about it or not.

Archived