Poll: Now That FA And The Draft Are Over, Predict Our 2019-20 Record

Now That FA And The Draft Are Over, Predict Our 2019-20 Record  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Now That FA And The Draft Are Over, Predict Our 2019-20 Record

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/2019 at 02:58 AM

This is solely on Darnold and Gase. The roster is good enough to win 12 games with good QB play and good coaching. We should have won 3-4 more games last year based soley on bad coaching. 

I see us going 7-9, and honestly I just want to see Darnold progress and believe he is our answer at QB. If he isn't it doesn't matter how good the rest of the roster is. I'm still not convinced Darnold is going to be good and thats all i want proven this year, 

Buffalo has improved considerably  compared to last year, but Miami is a question mark as they lost a lot of FA talent and are rebuilding again.  The Pats are going to be a big problem for our secondary now that they have 3 huge WRs and they imo had a very good draft.  

We are  better than last year on paper but the holes are still pretty large, and everyone will be learning a new system.

Optimistically, 10-6, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we are a .500 team.

13 hours ago, funaz said:

This is solely on Darnold and Gase. The roster is good enough to win 12 games with good QB play and good coaching. We should have won 3-4 more games last year based soley on bad coaching. 

I see us going 7-9, and honestly I just want to see Darnold progress and believe he is our answer at QB. If he isn't it doesn't matter how good the rest of the roster is. I'm still not convinced Darnold is going to be good and thats all i want proven this year, 

The Patriots won 11 games last year. 

Our roster isnt as talented

Gut says 7-9.

Offense finishes in the lower half of the league, 16-20 rank or so, and Darnold misses time due to injury due to the O-Line's inability to protect.

Defense finishes in the 14-18 range, and still can't make late-game stops when it has to, especially vs. the pass.

But still material improvement from last year's 4-12 record and 23rd ranked O and 29th ranked D.

With that said, anything less than 9-7 should be considered unacceptable with appropriate ramifications from the GM, given the flaws are (IMO HOW we're build, not what we've had available to invest (Picks, $$)..

• Upvote 1

8 or 9 wins.

I’m expecting some injury issues to the usual guys which will leave us short. If we stay healthy we can definitely push for the playoffs. It’s definitely much upgraded team but the same weaknesses are there. There’ll be expectations this season for the first time in a long time.

Defence will probably dominate lesser teams and we’ll get a few big wins. The best QB’s should still pick that group apart which we see every year. 

13 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Im still saying 10-6

I agree. 10-6

11 hours ago, Stark said:

We are probably going to sign another veteran FA or 2 so it’s not over. 

I agree. There will still be UDFAs and veteran FA (let go after roster cuts). Macc could very well still swing a trade. For a starting C, for example. 

38 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

8 or 9 wins.

I’m expecting some injury issues to the usual guys which will leave us short. If we stay healthy we can definitely push for the playoffs. It’s definitely much upgraded team but the same weaknesses are there. There’ll be expectations this season for the first time in a long time.

Defence will probably dominate lesser teams and we’ll get a few big wins. The best QB’s should still pick that group apart which we see every year. 

I agree. You never know with injuries. We have pretty good depth at some positions, not very good depth at other positions. So it depends on who is hurt and for how long. Some of those very good teams we face could end up having to deal with injury issues of their own. Hard to predict but I think injuries aside this should be a 10 win team that's only going to get better. Maybe we sneak into the playoffs this year. But at the least we should be building for legitimate contention next year. 

what will cause Mac to get fired?  thats how many wins I want.  cant waste these cheap years of Sam with a GM who does not care bout the Oline and generally does not know how to draft, 5 years in and still not better

I voted 5-11 because we had an inept draft, and the Macc rumors (which I believe) hint at the dysfunction that is going to lead to a dumpster fire of a season. I'm not convinced Leveon Bell will be Leveon Bell, I think he winds up being more Jets LaDanian and the idiot running the show is content to run with the play makers we have and the OL we have. I am not a fan of Williams the coach, he may be in the running for most overrated coordinator in the NFL, and I don't think Gase will reign in all the personalities. I very much hope I am wrong.