Cimini: Summary of the draft

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I read Nimbley and Slater pretty frequently, and also love the stuff over on Jetsfix for just blog material.  I've interacted with Hughes a bit on Reddit.  He can come off a bit too "fan boy" but seems dedicated.

Not sure if  your into podcast but they frequently join podcast and give good info . Playlikejet, jetsnation , let’s talk jets radio just to name a few . Locked on jets is cool too but the host can be real depressing sometimes lol 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

High risk high reward picks...

Was it done out of desperation or stupidity?

I definitely think Polite will be starting week 1.

We'll just have to wait and see how they all pan out.

Macc's not done yet.

Oh, he is done.  This should be his last year here.  Dang defense picks.  Wasted draft.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

People complain if Macc takes the safe guy.  People complain if he takes the risky guy.  I don't like him, but literally nothing he does will ever satisfy some 

I think that’s because the end result of the things he’s done for five years now is terrible, HJ. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Here's the problem. Mac's job is to build the roster through the draft. He's been here a long time and he owns the roster. Where are the players he drafted? I count 5 D starters (including Q Williams) and 3 O starters. 8 of 22!!! 36%!!!

Fire this pretender of a GM. He is absolutely clueless.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

13 hours ago, Hael said:

Pretty much agree with Cimini for the first time ever.  There is a lot of bust potential in our draft.  I don’t like the Edoga and Austin picks at all.

Williams will be a great starter in the league who will be not sexy stat wise but will open up a lot of things for everyone else, and it probably means that Leonard walks next year. (So we sorta side-grade). 

I hope he will be like Myles Garret. That guy is a force.

Over the past 4 drafts, we amateurs have scratched our heads while Mac passed over players we knew about to draft his finds.  As a general matter, we would watch the players that the players that teams like the Steeler, Ravens and Patriots drafted play well while Mac’s picks failed.  

I really like the first three picks for what they were, and for what the draft left us.  Winovich and Polite will be forever linked, and we will see.   But I generally like Quennin, Polite and Enuga picks, and they all contribute in 2019.  

I really hope that Mac looks smart for his 4-7 round picks, because it looks to be like other teams did better.  We shall see, but if Darnold does not have blocking, Mac should just get fired in September.  He had FA, had the draft, and have UDFA.   It does not matter who his best player was.  He needed to take chances on SEC OL.  

• Upvote 1

Edoga was the number 1 rated pass blocker in the draft. He had some issues 3 years ago and hasn't had any since. Yes Edoga helps Darnold. He was an ex teammate of Darnold. Im sure the Jets got some input from Darnold. This kid will be a starter - from day 1 I don't know but soon enough. Maccagnan should be drafting an O Lineman every single draft somewhere in the 1st 4 rounds. That would keep the pipeline going. We probably needed 2 lineman this draft and I guess if you consider that TE a lineman then we got 2. I think Mac did OK with Edoga considering there was already 10 higher rated O Tackles drafted before him - but that's what pisses me off - why was there 10 OTs drafted before we drafted one when we needed O Lineman badly? This is where Mac failed. A good GM would of has us in position to draft a center and a top O Lineman but Mac wanted Baby Huey. Defense wins championships right? But you gotta have offense to get there!

15 hours ago, Bugg said:

On one hand, kinda stupid to blow a piss test you know is coming. But was it pot, a rough night out or something hard? While the NFL doesn't think so, the rest of the country doesn't see much difference between a joint and a Bud Light. I understand they don't want to be the NBA where pot and roids are a pregame meal(without chemicals the NBA would be 2 on 2 and feature even less defense  and giving a f---) l, but you have to conform to reality that pot is no longer viewed as the demon weed it once was. These guys are playing a collision sport; they're going to seek pain relief in some form or other. 

Drafted a guy who will go on the PUP list out of the box; WTF? 

I would think, though, that if you smoke pot before a game you are asking to get hurt

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

According to Cimimi 1 starter out of this draft.............. Mike Maccagnan sucks. 

Keep repeating those words and let it sink in . We're listening to Dick Semen Eye on what football players are starters. 

Please let's give our CS a mini camp and full training camp before we label every pick a bust. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Keep repeating those words and let it sink in . We're listening to Dick Semen Eye on what football players are starters. 

Please let's give our CS a mini camp and full training camp before we label every pick a bust. 

Never labeled any of the picks a bust. 

16 hours ago, Mac is a Tool said:

Macc should be stoned for One-knee austin over Harmon

He gained a single extra pick and sacrificed a lot to do it.

I would have stayed put in the 4th round and taken CB Julian Love.  You then take CB Austin off the board.  You also simply take the next BPA following the Love pick which still may have been Wesco if he was there.  If he wasn't there then you'd still have the choice of many WRs and some Center prospects.

We got one extra pick and we sacrificed quite a bit to do it given what was on the Board early in Round 4.

I'm fine with the first 3 picks (despite wanting to trade down).  Day 3 was like a blindfolded guy at the plate swinging at 95 mph fast balls.  Let's hope Macc connected on at least one of those 3 pitches!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He gained a single extra pick and sacrificed a lot to do it.

I would have stayed put in the 4th round and taken CB Julian Love.  You then take CB Austin off the board.  You also simply take the next BPA following the Love pick which still may have been Wesco if he was there.  If he wasn't there then you'd still have the choice of many WRs and some Center prospects.

We got one extra pick and we sacrificed quite a bit to do it given what was on the Board early in Round 4.

I'm fine with the first 3 picks (despite wanting to trade down).  Day 3 was like a blindfolded guy at the plate swinging at 95 mph fast balls.  Let's hope Macc connected on at least one of those 3 pitches!

I desperately wanted us to trade down too but it takes a partner to do so.  Not trading down kinda but a damper for me on the draft.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

High risk high reward picks...

Was it done out of desperation or stupidity?

I definitely think Polite will be starting week 1.

We'll just have to wait and see how they all pan out.

Macc's not done yet.

He went on their potential when they come off injury. The only problem there is that once injured the risk is always there of getting hurt again. But look at RB Frank Gore. When he came out of Miami U he had two knee injuries but in the NFL has never been hurt and has lasted more than 10 years.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

He went on their potential when they come off injury. The only problem there is that once injured the risk is always there of getting hurt again. But look at RB Frank Gore. When he came out of Miami U he had two knee injuries but in the NFL has never been hurt and has lasted more than 10 years.

Yes, but there are always injury risks.

8 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I desperately wanted us to trade down too but it takes a partner to do so.  Not trading down kinda but a damper for me on the draft.

Same here.  As soon as Kyler Murray was announced at #1 I knew we were stuck.  That almost ended the Draft for me....at the very first pick.

I can't disagree with the pick of QW.  He was the best player but I thought Allen was "close enough" and at a significant position of need that he'd be an acceptable pick at #3.  Heck, the Raiders took a Top 10-20 guy in Clelin Ferrell at #4 because of fit.  Murray at #1 and Bosa #2 really boxed us in.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Same here.  As soon as Kyler Murray was announced at #1 I knew we were stuck.  That almost ended the Draft for me....at the very first pick.

I can't disagree with the pick of QW.  He was the best player but I thought Allen was "close enough" and at a significant position of need that he'd be an acceptable pick at #3.  Heck, the Raiders took a Top 10-20 guy in Clelin Ferrell at #4 because of fit.  Murray at #1 and Bosa #2 really boxed us in.

lol   Exactly the same for me. Can't write here what I actually said.  My stomach dropped cause I kinda figured San Fran would go with Bosa.

I'm happy with Q don't get me wrong but I wouldn't have minded Jonah Williams plus a 2nd rounder plus a few more picks instead.

• Upvote 1