Cimini: Summary of the draft

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

No skill positions drafted obvi

Would have less of a problem if he ever made a point of getting some OL help in the draft, or signed any. But no, the BAP is always a defender, even if the jets already have guys in those slots. DISGUSTED

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

According to Cimimi 1 starter out of this draft.............. Mike Maccagnan sucks. 

C'mon joewilly.

So all of a sudden Rich Cimini is the man who decides which player is going to start, and you're the guy who is going to listen to him?

Why don't you try either making up your own mind about something, or simply wait, watch, and see how these picks turn out instead of posting bulls**t like this and then back tracking on it at 75 mph when you're challenged?

BTW the "Mike Maccagnan sucks" line is gratuitous. A weak attempt to gain approval here.

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Would have less of a problem if he ever made a point of getting some OL help in the draft, or signed any. But no, the BAP is always a defender, even if the jets already have guys in those slots. DISGUSTED

You dont draft an less effective offensive player just because we drafted defensive players in the past.  This draft was a DEFENSIVE draft, I mean im sorry but thats where the impact players were especially at the top

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So all of a sudden Rich Cimini is the man who decides which player is going to start, and you're the guy who is going to listen to him?

Why don't you try either making up your own mind about something, or simply wait, watch, and see how these picks turn out instead of posting bulls**t like this?

We have a lot of GM's on this board lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

We have a lot of GM's on this board lol

or at least a lot of people who think they are... not to mention the parrots.

There are some here who despite whether you agree with them or not, make consistently good arguments. Unfortunately they're often drowned out by the background noise and the back slappers.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

or at least a lot of people who think they are... not to mention the parrots.

I just wish we had more objectivity. I mean we both have been critical of some of his moves.  But many just hate this guy so much that every move or non move is "terrible".  Hell there were some people who wished him dead on draft night which goes way beyond being a sports fan

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

You dont draft an less effective offensive player just because we drafted defensive players in the past.  This draft was a DEFENSIVE draft, I mean im sorry but thats where the impact players were especially at the top

Horsesheet. OL guys can be signed and drafted. But in Maccagnan's world, somehow it almost never happens. Neither Solder last year nor Paradis this year was a priority. When this franchise has been good, signing Jumbo Elliott, Damien Woody, Pete Kendall, Dave Szott, Kevin Mawae, et al and drafting Mangold and Brick were important. OL is not "impact"; that is until your QB is running for his life on a weekly basis and your primo back cannot find a hole. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Horsesheet. OL guys can be signed and drafted. But in Maccagnan's world, somehow it almost never happens. Neither Solder last year nor Paradis this year was a priority. When this franchise has been good, signing Jumbo Elliott, Damien Woody, Pete Kendall, Dave Szott, Kevin Mawae, et al and drafting Mangold and Brick were important. OL is not "impact"; that is until your QB is running for his life on a weekly basis and your primo back cannot find a hole. 

Paradis didnt want to be here.  We drafted a good oline prospect that plays with Sam. We traded for probowl OL in Osemele. Gotta be a little fair

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wasn’t aware Edoga was a pothead. Disgusting. It’s amazing that anyone from USCCC gets drafted anymore. May as well park the team bus outside the furlough gate at Chino State Penitentiary and pick up the stragglers. 

All these outraged middle age sportswriters either do not have or do not know any college age kids, and certainly not any relationships with college football players. It's a collision sport; a football players is going to get the sheet beat out of him from hitting in practice and games, which is why the NFL (and NHL too) barely test in season. Not defending Edoga being stupid, but we live a country  where in most states you can buy pot gummies, brownies and God only knows what else totally legally. At this point in some cities like Vegas and Denver you can more readily walk down the street puffing on a joint than you could drinking a tallboy or dragging on a Marlboro. 

As an aside, these guys must think NBA players despite travel and partying are so totally cut because they live in the gym 24/7. Think a great many of these guys must watch these sports with their eyes closed. 

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

C'mon joewilly.

Why don't you try either making up your own mind about something, or simply wait, watch, and see how these picks turn out instead of posting bulls**t like this and then back tracking on it at 75 mph when you're challenged?

BTW the "Mike Maccagnan sucks" line is gratuitous. A weak attempt to gain approval here.

I will repeat for you because its quite obvious you have a reading comprehension issue.........first I posted what Cimimi said then I posted what I think . 

According to Cimimi 1 starter out of this draft.............. Mike Maccagnan sucks. 

GET A CLUE and I NEVER BACK TRACK WHEN CHALLENGED ESPECIALLY FROM A POSTER LIKE YOU. 

No approval needed I don't look for crowd support like you or look to be part of the cool kids like you. 

Everything you post is bulls**t. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I will repeat for you with a reading comprehension issue.........first I posted what Cimimi said then I posted what I think . 

GET A CLUE and I NEVER BACK TRACK WHEN CHALLENGED ESPECIALLY FROM A POSTER LIKE YOU. 

No approval needed I don't look for crowd support like you or look to be part of the cool kids like you. 

Everything you post is bulls**t. 

You're correct Joewilly. I do have an issue with comprehension when reading what you post. I'm probably not the only person here with that problem though.

BTW Did Cimini tell you what to say about my posts? Or was that what you think?

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You're correct Joewilly. I do have an issue with comprehension when reading what you post. I'm probably not the only person here with that problem though.

BTW Did Cimini tell you what to say about my posts? Or was that what you think?

Then IGNORE my posts is all I can tell you then. 

Once again speak for yourself you represent no one but your clown self. 

Ask Cimini I gave you my opinion of what you post, drivel. 

Goodbye