Huddlereport draft grades Who won draft

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

They drafted an OL in the 2nd, we didn't have a 2nd, took one in the 3rd.  

They took a TE in the 3rd.  We took one in the 4th.

They added a RB in the 3rd.  We signed the top all around back in the NFL.

yeah, they took care of their QB and we didn't.  Facts suck

You forgot to mention our trade for the Oakland guard

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  Also Kelechi Osemele should be part of the evaluation since we traded a 5th rounder to get him.  That feels like a good move.

This is a very good point that I often lose site of in my complaining of Mac. His drafting is so atrocious that ANY starting caliber player for a late round pick is a huge plus. He NEVER would have found a starting G in the 5th, so kudos for him on that move. 

Round 1 of free agency:

Le'veon Bell- Mosely- Poole- Montgomery

Bell over Crowder- Mosely over Lee- Poole over Buster Montgomery over McGuire

* Upgrade- upgrade- upgrade- upgrade

Draft:

Q.Williams - CONCENSUS top 2 BPA in entire draft sans QB (Murray)- best quote regarding Williams; "Like trying to block a 300Lb bar of soap.

Polite: Pass rusher with great film, I love players with great film. 

Chuma Edoga- We need any Oline help we can get

Trevon Wesco- Huge 270Lb TE- More help to protect Sam

OK- We gave up a 5 for a former Pro Bowl guard (don't forget him as part of this draft)

Blake Cashman- Health is his question. Is he Keuchly lite or Sean Lee?

Austin- Total flyer on injured player

UDFAs: Looks like they picked up some undrafted talent, is there another Robbie Anderson in there? Who knows.

FREE AGENCY PARTII? Jets still have 30 million dollars & will definitely be players in the pre & post camp cuts. 

Swing trades? Looks like cap strapped teams are looking to move some older top talent: Chris Harris or Xavier Rhodes? For the right price? Late round 2020 pick? Yes Please. CB2 is a weak spot for the Jets. 

19 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

None of these people writing articles dares question Bill Belichick.  It's hard to blame them even though we know he picks plenty of guys who bust too.

it is easy when you cheat and bend the rules, dont get called for holding...

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

They drafted an OL in the 2nd, we didn't have a 2nd, took one in the 3rd.  

They took a TE in the 3rd.  We took one in the 4th.

They added a RB in the 3rd.  We signed the top all around back in the NFL.

yeah, they took care of their QB and we didn't.  Facts suck

Oh let me clarify since its hard. Bills took care to protect thier inaccurate QB all offseason

Based on value as to where they had guys slotted.
 1) Redskins  2) Bills 3) Titans    We were #23, one spot ahead of Colts, last of all AFC East teams. Last?   Funny you should ask..........Raiders.

Because there is so much data to base this on. Maybe we should just cut these guys now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 2

Agree with most of this.  On the positives, I'd add that the Jets also signed swing OT Tom Compton, traded for Osemele, and did not sign just Bell, but also Ty Montgomery at RB.
But the Bills went heavy on OLine.  They signed the #1 Center in Mitch Morse in FA and got a Round 1 OT in Round 2 (Cody Ford).  They drafted RB Devin Singletary in Round 3.  They also hit WR in FA like the Jets did with Crowder.  I think the Bills got John Brown as a deep threat and Cole Beasley to play slot.
Overall, I agree that the Jets did work to improve the offense.  My opinion is that Buffalo may have done the same thing a little bit better and with a greater priority on it.

As to the draft overall, it really turns on whether Williams or Oliver turns out to be the better player.

9 minutes ago, Mac is a Tool said:

Oh let me clarify since its hard. Bills took care to protect thier inaccurate QB all offseason

No, it was in response to a post about the draft.

You said: Bills took care of their QB. Us...lol

Once again, we added this off-season, a Pro Bowl OL, a top slot WR, the best all around RB in the NFL (the biggest help to a QB), a OL in the draft.

Yes its hard.  For you, LOL'd what the Jets lack of help for the QB, argue all you want.

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, it was in response to a post about the draft.

You said: Bills took care of their QB. Us...lol

Once again, we added this off-season, a Pro Bowl OL, a top slot WR, the best all around RB in the NFL (the biggest help to a QB), a OL in the draft.

Yes its hard.  For you, LOL'd what the Jets lack of help for the QB, argue all you want.

And missed on one of the most glaring needs which is center. You know, the position that makes the offense worth a sh*t? The guy who is Sets the tone? All that other sh*t dosent mean anything if the ball cannot get of the qbs hands quick and consistent enough. So you can be in denile all you want. Ill just sit here and laugh. Plus, this can be rectified when i hear that one of our centers took a big leap. Then ill be happy. All i want is for the denile fans such as yourself to stop and for our god qb to be godly. I dont ask for much

26 minutes ago, Mac is a Tool said:

And missed on one of the most glaring needs which is center. You know, the position that makes the offense worth a sh*t? The guy who is Sets the tone? All that other sh*t dosent mean anything if the ball cannot get of the qbs hands quick and consistent enough. So you can be in denile all you want. Ill just sit here and laugh. Plus, this can be rectified when i hear that one of our centers took a big leap. Then ill be happy. All i want is for the denile fans such as yourself to stop and for our god qb to be godly. I dont ask for much

Glaring need at C.  The position that makes the offense worth a shlt.  LOL.  

You made a statement.  You were wrong.  Now you're off onto C.  And overrating how important it is.  

Youre just going to keep arguing, ignoring the original point that you were trying to make.  I'm in denial.  OK

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Glaring need at C.  The position that makes the offense worth a shlt.  LOL.  

You made a statement.  You were wrong.  Now you're off onto C.  And overrating how important it is.  

Youre just going to keep arguing, ignoring the original point that you were trying to make.  I'm in denial.  OK

Im clearly being trolled. This guy dosent even watch football. Did you not see the effect it had last year? I mean my god.

i mean i wouldnt care if this was sanchez. But this is sam were talking about

5 minutes ago, Mac is a Tool said:

Im clearly being trolled. This guy dosent even watch football. Did you not see the effect it had last year? I mean my god.

i mean i wouldnt care if this was sanchez. But this is sam were talking about

No, you clearly have no idea of what you are talking about.

Start with you saying "the Bills did everything to help their QB and the Jets, LOL"

Now we're on to what effect the C or who knows had on the "it" last year.  As in C when ours broke his snapping hand or that the OL graded out in the top half of the league.

But blame it on trolling. 

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, you clearly have no idea of what you are talking about.

Start with you saying "the Bills did everything to help their QB and the Jets, LOL"

Now we're on to what effect the C or who knows had on the "it" last year.  As in C when ours broke his snapping hand or that the OL graded out in the top half of the league.

But blame it on trolling. 

Ok. You arent the highest quality porcelain in the toilet bowl aisle. I will attempt to explain one last time. After that you can be ignorant to someone else. Yes i said the bills comment. That is largely i part due to the glaring center need that wasnt addressed in the offseason. Also, there was a tweet posted in one of these million threads during THIS draft of how the bills addressed multiple o line positions to the point that it was kind of overboard. But the point is that whether it is they “ overpaid” for morse or the other free agent o line signings including spencer, along with them addressing it in the draft. If we had a problem at center(which we did), an already shallow position for us, and we had a center leave(which we did), that means we have a damn need. Yes we traded for a guard, yea we drafted a tackle, but you know what, we still need a reliable person to snap the ball. And we need depth at that position incase someone dies. Reliable depth. Unless chuma or kelechi can play center then like i said, go be ignorant somewhere else. Its like im speaking to ******* maccagnan.

edit: i heard good things about toth, maybe he can step it up along with harrison.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

As to the draft overall, it really turns on whether Williams or Oliver turns out to be the better player.

It's an interesting setup with the Bills two years in a  row...

2018:  Jets - Sam Darnold, Bills - Josh Allen

2019:  Jets - Quinnen Williams, Bills - Ed Oliver