Ian Rapoport implies Jets believed Jachai Polite was a better pass rusher than Josh Allen

Jetsbb

52 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The JN Josh Allen Fan Club is going to have a meltdown. 

I dunno about that. I think most who liked Allen, also liked Polite. Allen is a better all around OLB, no question. One could argue that Polite maybe is a better pure pass rusher.

The problem with Polite is that he turned out to be a crybaby at the combine, and showed an alarming lack of accountability. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, genot said:

If you look at the tape that counts. Game tape. Their right.

I wasn't totally sold on Allen either after watching his tapes. When plays were run to the opposite side of him he merely jogged over to it. If the RB's had cut back they would have toasted Allen.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Team That Drafted Leonard Williams, Lorenzo Mauldin, and Dylan Donahue To Rush Passer Gives It One More Ol College Try

And Jordan Jenkins.

To be fair, Polite is the first one who was actually a good pass rusher in college - and was a projected first rounder before he completely bombed.

It’s a dice roll but when the alternative is Lorenzo Mauldin, ArDarius Stewart, or Nathan Shepherd...the gamble on the guy who has actually shown some talent for an important skill isn’t the worst thing he’s ever done.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I dunno about that. I think most who liked Allen, also liked Polite. Allen is a better all around OLB, no question. One could argue that Polite maybe is a better pure pass rusher.

The problem with Polite is that he turned to be a crybaby at the combine, and showed an alarming lack of accountability. 

Polite is a great player but he comes with several of these.

395841.png.810350c2542b082417d353184ab083e3.png  395841.png.810350c2542b082417d353184ab083e3.png  395841.png.810350c2542b082417d353184ab083e3.png

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

They were wrong about Hack, that automatically means they are wrong about Polite.

No blind squirrels ever gets a nut!

Not even a broken clock is right twice a day!

It's all doom all the time!

cred·i·bil·i·ty
/ˌkredəˈbilədē/
noun
  1. the quality of being trusted and believed in.
  • Upvote 1