Ian Rapoport implies Jets believed Jachai Polite was a better pass rusher than Josh Allen

Jetsbb

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Fair point.  Time will tell with this guy.  Seems like in 2-3 years we'll either think he should have been a 1st round pick or gone undrafted.

yeah but thats the risk i dont mind taking really in the third.. Winnivich was a safer pick, he could be a JAG or could be a really good player, but he'll stick.

Polite could be a complete bust, but if he hits.... He prob hits BIG. 

I struggle to see which way it will go, i dont think the character concerns are a big deal with him because he plays his butt off in games and apparently trains really hard too.. My concern like a lot of peoples is the testing numbers.. it all doesnt make much sense to me because the player ive seen on film doesnt seem like the same guy that put up those numbers. I dont know what to make of it really.. 

12 hours ago, RobR said:

Everything else was better for Suggs and he weighed around 10lbs. more.

I honestly hope everyone bumps this thread too tell me how wrong I was about Polite, I just don't see it. He'd have to be the biggest outlier at this point too succeed. 

Just out of curiosity did you base this solely off of the combine or did you watch SEC games/gamefilm.

I'm an LSU fan and watch a ton of SEC games , IMO Polite has the potential to be a dominant edge rusher.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Technically you’re right

but let’s be real.  If the Jets thought Allen was better than Bosa they would have taken him rather than QW

Of course. I'm just giving another take on it. The author of the OP was stating his opinion as fact which seems like a disease going around here lately. He could have ment anything with that tweet. All I'm sayin'.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Just out of curiosity did you base this solely off of the combine or did you watch SEC games/gamefilm.

I'm an LSU fan and watch a ton of SEC games , IMO Polite has the potential to be a dominant edge rusher.

I think you answered your own question. 

14 hours ago, RobR said:

Everything else was better for Suggs and he weighed around 10lbs. more.

I honestly hope everyone bumps this thread too tell me how wrong I was about Polite, I just don't see it. He'd have to be the biggest outlier at this point too succeed. 

Suggs was also much more productive in college.  He set the single season sack record with 24. 

Polite had 15 his entire career.

• Upvote 1

Polite was slobbish at the combine

He needs to play in that 240-245 range at the next level. I’m still not convinced he’s an every down player, but he absolutely has the potential to be a double digit sack artist if he’s motivated. His initial burst off the line is pretty damn special. And having Quinnen, Leo and Anderson tying up blocks in front of him should only help.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Polite was slobbish at the combine

He needs to play in that 240-245 range at the next level. I’m still not convinced he’s an every down player, but he absolutely has the potential to be a double digit sack artist if he’s motivated. His initial burst off the line is pretty damn special. And having Quinnen, Leo and Anderson tying up blocks in front of him should only help.

he doesn't need to be an every down player to make an impact.  he could play half of leo's plays and be so much more valuable.  he should play at the weight he played at all year.  he will create major headaches for the tackles and make it easier for the DTs to get pressure.

• Upvote 1

On 4/28/2019 at 12:14 PM, T0mShane said:

Team That Drafted Leonard Williams, Lorenzo Mauldin, and Dylan Donahue To Rush Passer Gives It One More Ol College Try

Macc should have drafted 2 edge guys. After all, we had no one to pressure the QB. We had no one to stop opponents passing game and he drafted 2 safeties. Macc logic skewed again.

9 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Macc should have drafted 2 edge guys. After all, we had no one to pressure the QB. We had no one to stop opponents passing game and he drafted 2 safeties. Macc logic skewed again.

We got the best player in the draft two years in a row.  Yes I am with u we needed to get two OLBs this offseason hopefully Polite turns out to be good and Jenkins can build off an ok statistical season

• Upvote 1