It's a fun and simple exercise.  First, we know who the Jets Picked in 2019:

ROUND PICK (OVR) PLAYER POS SCHOOL HT WT
1 3 (3) Quinnen Williams DL Alabama 6'3" 303
3 4 (68) Jachai Polite DL Florida 6'3" 258
3 29 (92) Chuma Edoga T USC 6'3" 308
4 19 (121) Trevon Wesco TE West Virginia 6'4" 274
5 19 (157) Blake Cashman LB Minnesota 6'1" 237
6 24 (196) Blessuan Austin CB Rutgers 6'1" 195

Knowing that, and knowing what players were available at those picks, YOU be the GM.  List the picks, and list who YOU would have taken at those picks as GM.

If you need a reference of who was taken where, here it is:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/rounds

If you agree down the line with Macc, great!  No harm in that at all, and feel free to say so. 

If you would have gone a different direction, great!  No harm in that either (we're fans after all and control nothing!).  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if it's different than Macc.

What would you have done?  What direction would you have gone?  Who would you have picked?  This is your opportunity to say so, and to point to years from now to say "I was right on that guy!" or "wow, was I wrong on that guy!".

I'll do my own "What If..." list shortly and post it separately.

Note:  Keep in mind, this is supposed to fun.  This isn't intended to be a fight or a debate on who the best fans are, or the like.  So please, buttfumble in other threads, people shouldn't be buttfumbled for opinions or sharing them, GOOD or BAD, with Macc or different than Macc.  Keep it light, keep it fun, please :)

• Upvote 4

R1 - #3 Ed Oliver, DT - I wouldn't have just floated rumors that we loved him to incite a trade, I would have drafted him because he makes more sense given the makeup of our roster.

TRADE R2 - #47 Erik McCoy, C - Knowing the Saints had just lost Unger, and that Elgton Jenkins just went off the board a few picks earlier to GB. I would have sent our R3, #68 (250) and 2020 R3 pick to Seattle for their #47 (430)

R3 - #93 - Miles Boykin, WR - Because Q, Anderson and Crowder are not enough.

R4 - #105 - Julian Love, CB - Great value. Need.

R6 - #196 - Rodney Anderson, RB - he's a lottery ticket choice, and can be groomed back to health behind Leveon.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

R1 - #3 Ed Oliver, DT - I wouldn't have just floated rumors that we loved him to incite a trade, I would have drafted him because he makes more sense given the makeup of our roster.

TRADE R2 - #47 Erik McCoy, C - Knowing the Saints had just lost Unger, and that Elgton Jenkins just went off the board a few picks earlier to GB. I would have sent our R3, #68 (250) and 2020 R3 pick to Seattle for their #47 (430)

R3 - #93 - Miles Boykin, WR - Because Q, Anderson and Crowder are not enough.

R4 - #105 - Julian Love, CB - Great value. Need.

R6 - #196 - Rodney Anderson, RB - he's a lottery ticket choice, and can be groomed back to health behind Leveon.

Rats ! You just reminded me that we now have 2 Q's lol

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

This is a armchair gm game. You don’t know who will be available later this is hindsight. And if u do choose different that could change the way the draft went ie other teams choose different because you took there pick so the pick you want next round might not be there it’s the butterfly effect 

Just pick a guy that was either taken at the same spot or later than our pick. It's not a perfect science.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's a fun and simple exercise.  First, we know who the Jets Picked in 2019:

ROUND PICK (OVR) PLAYER POS SCHOOL HT WT
1 3 (3) Quinnen Williams DL Alabama 6'3" 303
3 4 (68) Jachai Polite DL Florida 6'3" 258
3 29 (92) Chuma Edoga T USC 6'3" 308
4 19 (121) Trevon Wesco TE West Virginia 6'4" 274
5 19 (157) Blake Cashman LB Minnesota 6'1" 237
6 24 (196) Blessuan Austin CB Rutgers 6'1" 195

Knowing that, and knowing what players were available at those picks, YOU be the GM.  List the picks, and list who YOU would have taken at those picks as GM.

If you need a reference of who was taken where, here it is:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/rounds

If you agree down the line with Macc, great!  No harm in that at all, and feel free to say so. 

If you would have gone a different direction, great!  No harm in that either (we're fans after all and control nothing!).  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if it's different than Macc.

What would you have done?  What direction would you have gone?  Who would you have picked?  This is your opportunity to say so, and to point to years from now to say "I was right on that guy!" or "wow, was I wrong on that guy!".

I'll do my own "What If..." list shortly and post it separately.

Note:  Keep in mind, this is supposed to fun.  This isn't intended to be a fight or a debate on who the best fans are, or the like.  So please, buttfumble in other threads, people shouldn't be buttfumbled for opinions or sharing them, GOOD or BAD, with Macc or different than Macc.  Keep it light, keep it fun, please :)

Dude what a great thread.

Well done. I have to give Macc credit this draft it is 1000000000 times better than what I thought would happen. Still a project big risk with polite but much better risk than expected hack or whoever to all of sudden be a good player.

I like your drafting in round 1 haha

This is a good thread a healthy concept i give my nemesis warshish props....

ok, if i could not do a solid trade down, truth be told , williams is solid at 3.

polite in the 3 is also solid. I cant argue with mac...

but in the other 3 pick, i would have taken michael jordan. After that auburn qb stidham all day every day. Now guess what dumb suckas! NE got stidham and he will annoy us for the next 10 years. Not like brady, but he will annoy

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1. TE - Hockenson, Improves running and passing game and give Darnold another short range target. 

3. OG - Deiter, Would start day one and give Bell a truck to follow. 

3. OT - Edoga, He’s a good pass blocker so there’s no reason not to take him. 

4. LB/ST - Tranquill, He’s a prefect STer and could be used as a rotational LB

5. CB/ST - Michael “HeHe” Jackson, good size,  explosiveness and speed. STer and dime DB. 

6. WR/RB/R - Marcus Green, small school jack of all trade late pick

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Hockenson at 3 is absolutely insane. This guy might be the most overrated prospect I’ve ever seen. His ceiling is Heath Miller. The comparison to Gronk is ridiculous- Gronk has 4 inches and 25 pounds on Hockenson. 

I honestly I’m not sure he would beat Herndon for the starting spot if he was on the Jets...

A dual threat TE in a this new NFL is as valuable as a RB was in the 80s. 

I really wanted Garrett Bradbury.  Unless he gets hurt, he'll be a stud C for the next 10 years.  He'd be a massive upgrade to the OL. 

I know, I know, can't reach for him at 3.  TRADE with someone, then take him.  I refuse to believe that the Jets couldn't have swapped with the Bills and gotten their 2nd round pick. 

Bradbury at #9, then have fun in the second round (I'd go OT there).  Or take best OT on the board at 9, then best C on board with the early 2nd.  Address the biggest team needs with two young studs.

Keep the rounds 3 and 4 picks, then take anybody but who they took in the 5th and 6th. I think those picks were total wastes.  But I'd love to be wrong.  

Yes, I'd have taken 3 offensive linemen to develop with Darnold.

• Upvote 2

Round 1-3 Ed Oliver DT Houston

Round 3-68 Darrell Henderson RB Memphis. Most dynamic RB in the draft.....see ya McGuire

Round 3-92 Chuma Edoga OT USC

Round 4-121 Riley Ridley WR UGA. Sure fits the mold of what Gase wants in a WR

Round 5-157 Daylon Mack NT Texas A+M. This pick also allows us to move on from the albatross that is Leo Williams contract.

Round 6-196 Dennis Daley OT S. Carolina. Wanted Oli Udoh here but he went three picks earlier

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I really wanted Garrett Bradbury.  Unless he gets hurt, he'll be a stud C for the next 10 years.  He'd be a massive upgrade to the OL. 

I know, I know, can't reach for him at 3.  TRADE with someone, then take him.  I refuse to believe that the Jets couldn't have swapped with the Bills and gotten their 2nd round pick. 

Bradbury at #9, then have fun in the second round (I'd go OT there).  Or take best OT on the board at 9, then best C on board with the early 2nd.  Address the biggest team needs with two young studs.

Keep the rounds 3 and 4 picks, then take anybody but who they took in the 5th and 6th. I think those picks were total wastes.  But I'd love to be wrong.  

Yes, I'd have taken 3 offensive linemen to develop with Darnold.

Well that clears things up.

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

Round 1-3 Ed Oliver DT Houston

Round 3-68 Darrell Henderson RB Memphis. Most dynamic RB in the draft.....see ya McGuire

Round 3-92 Chuma Edoga OT USC

Round 4-121 Riley Ridley WR UGA. Sure fits the mold of what Gase wants in a WR

Round 5-157 Daylon Mack NT Texas A+M. This pick also allows us to move on from the albatross that is Leo Williams contract.

Round 6-196 Dennis Daley OT S. Carolina. Wanted Oli Udoh here but he went three picks earlier

looks like we were on the same wave length

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

looks like we were on the same wave length

I just noticed after I posted this because I was watching the Isles game. The thing that kills me the most about Macs draft is we went defense yet again with our first two picks and four out of the six. 

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

1.3: Quinnen Williams - DT - Alabama
3.4: Darrell Henderson - RB - Memphis
3.29: Chuma Edoga - T - USC
4.19: Riley Ridley - WR - Georgia
5.19: Michael Jackson - CB - Miami
6:24: Isaih Prince - T - Ohio State

Like how u think. Am I the only guy who's favorite player in this draft was Darrell Henderson?

1) Brian Burns Edge

3) Connor McGovern iOL

3) Hakeem Butler WR

4) Hunter Renfrow WR 

5) Blake Cashman LB

6) Travis Homer RB

I would have traded down in the first if possible even at a discount. But without knowing what was available, can’t really include that. 

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

A dual threat TE in a this new NFL is as valuable as a RB was in the 80s. 

No, it’s not. How many elite dual threat TEs are there in the NFL? How many top teams have elite dual threat TEs? Herndon is a dual threat TE- Hockenson ain’t that much better....

44 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Jonah Williams-  OT

Jachai Polite- Edge

Yodny Cajuste- OT

Riley Ridley- WR

Lamont Gaillard-C

Beau Benzschawel- OG

I was going to do this with the goal of protect Sam and get to the opposing QB. I love your 1st pick, was gonna do the same..Only change I would make is in 4th rd...maybe De’Andre Walker from GA. Another Edge Guy. Like yours a lot more than what we did.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, nico002 said:

No, it’s not. How many elite dual threat TEs are there in the NFL? How many top teams have elite dual threat TEs? Herndon is a dual threat TE- Hockenson ain’t that much better....

Henderson and Hockenson together would be one of the best TE combos in the NFL which would create match up problems especially with Bell coming out of the backfield or lining up as a WR.

How many top teams don’t have a good TE?

is Hockenson worth a 6th, 7th, 10th? Where is his pick correct?