You're the GM: Re-Draft the Jets Picks in 2019

Williams pick is fine

Wouldnt have touched Polite.

I dont pretend to know offensive linemen, but hopefully you can convert him to a guard.

The tight end needs to start from day 1 and be good

Linebacker is athletic and profiles close to Milano in Buffalo.
Rutgers guy- bleh, dice roll

Interesting thread....I'll give it a go.

I actually like our draft a lot - especially the first 4 picks - so I am approaching this in a slightly different way. To try to avoid picking with the benefit of hindsight (which always makes drafting much easier), I'm limiting myself to picking guys I was actually calling for in the run up to each Jets' pick.

#1 - Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama - with no trade down, he's easily the best guy on the board at this spot.

#3 - Chase Winovich, Edge, Michigan - I like the Polite pick, but I was calling for Chase at the time - so he's the pick here.

#3 - Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State - I was hoping for Connor McGovern here but, once he went, Butler was my pick.

#4 - Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State - Tempted by Riley Ridley, but have already picked Butler at WR so time to address CB with a steal here.

#5 - Lamont Gaillard, C, Georgia - the last of the decent Center prospects, will provide depth and could even push to start.

#6 - Rodney Anderson, RB, Oklahoma - Jets drafted an injured CB, I would have drafted an injured RB - but a terrific prospect, when healthy.

- So that's how I would have picked, had I been in charge of the Jets' war room. With the benefit of hindsight, I picked both Oruwariye and Gaillard a bit earlier than they went in the real draft, but I still feel pretty good about this draft overall.  I didn't add a TE or an OT though, where the Jets did pick up two players I like in the real draft.

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Williams pick is fine

Wouldnt have touched Polite.

I dont pretend to know offensive linemen, but hopefully you can convert him to a guard.

The tight end needs to start from day 1 and be good

Linebacker is athletic and profiles close to Milano in Buffalo.
Rutgers guy- bleh, dice roll

It's going to be interesting to see how Gase comes out against Buffalo game 1...... Will his new toy Bell be the focal point of the "O" 

out of a 2 TE power set or spread the defense wide with a 3 or 4 WR set and let Bell find his own holes.

Really hoping for Gase to bring new things to this stale offense. Lots of misdirection, PA attacking football.

Needing Williams and the "D" to optimize our field position with short fields.