Daniel Jones vs Sam Darnold

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

The Giants are the most overrated organization in sports.

Yes they have more success than us but people act like they are a premiere franchise.  They went 18 years btw playoff apps from the 60s to 80s then were dominant for a few years but outside of the 2 fluky SBs in 07/11 they have not been very good.

In the last 25 seasons the Giants have playoff wins in just 3 postseasons (00, 07, 11).  In the same timeframe we have won postseason games in  5 seasons (98, 02, 04, 09, 10).  Yes, we'd all trade that for 2 SB wins but the point is the Giants have been mostly mediocre/bad after the great teams of mid 80s-1990.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

1. “Wide right”

2. Tyree catch on top of his head.

3. Welker dropping a 1st down that would have run the clock with no one near him.

3 SB trophies picked up with a ton of luck, could have so easily gone the other way.

Only legit one was Simms.

In SB XXV the kick for the game was neat 50 yards on chewed up grass in an era where kickers didn't routinely nail 50+ yarders.  The Giants offense did an amazing job of keeping the high powered Bills off the field.  They held the ball for over 40 minutes, basically if they had it 30 seconds less then Buffalo gets a FG attempt under 40 and the bills win.  Incredible job by the O.

7 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Can any of you guys give me an estimate of when the bat sh*t craziness and hyperbole dies down....just a bit?

You know, normal complaining and wild projections?  Asking for me.

Relax and enjoy. Its zany but its only the interwebz.  Oh and real world gonzo? Ive spent time in SoCal. Now thats batsh!t crazy.

13 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Can any of you guys give me an estimate of when the bat sh*t craziness and hyperbole dies down....just a bit?

Helen, you don't have to be crazy to post here....but it helps!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Relax and enjoy. Its zany but its only the interwebz.  Oh and real world gonzo? Ive spent time in SoCal. Now thats batsh!t crazy.

I’m from a small agricultural town 70 miles from L.A.  Small town America...so California is too diverse to have an intelligent opinion about this state due to a “visit”

***Tongue in cheek doesn’t translate well on the net...think some on here “get it” with my posting style tho.  Thank God.

24 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

In SB XXV the kick for the game was neat 50 yards on chewed up grass in an era where kickers didn't routinely nail 50+ yarders.  The Giants offense did an amazing job of keeping the high powered Bills off the field.  They held the ball for over 40 minutes, basically if they had it 30 seconds less then Buffalo gets a FG attempt under 40 and the bills win.  Incredible job by the O.

"You know Mike, if you take away the Super Bowls they're aCtuaLLy a bad franchise."

waitasekant

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

It should cool down once we've won our 3rd Super Bowl in a row.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting analysis.

I think Italian food is better than Chinese food because China does computer hacking and I trust Tony Soprano more than Jackie Chan.

So there.

I think you can stop at Italian food is better than Chinese food. 

No reason need be given. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

1. “Wide right”

2. Tyree catch on top of his head.

3. Welker dropping a 1st down that would have run the clock with no one near him.

3 SB trophies picked up with a ton of luck, could have so easily gone the other way.

Only legit one was Simms.

People forget that the Jets were a couple plays away from going to 2 consecutive Super Bowls. And we were good enough to win them. What would the world be like if Sanchez was a 2 time SB winner. Still would be our QB I guess.

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Just keep giving us good honest reports on USC guys and don’t mind the craziness. 

By the way, loved your comeback on someone calling Edoga a knucklehead ?

I was a moderator on a USC site for 4 years....nothing surprises or shocks me.  Crazy fun though, I have logged on at the beach, the Spa and in the middle of boring conversations....”yeah, I agree....you’re 100% correct”. God knows what I was agreeing too...?

• Upvote 1

Forget the history, I wouldn't call the present Giants any better of an organization than the present Jets. Both GMs have their faults, both coaches and rosters have question marks, it's really quite negligible from an objective perspective.

Also, objectively, Darnold was a better prospect than Jones. We'll see what happens at a pro level but I feel like if they were in the same draft Sam would be way ahead of Jones on nearly every team's depth chart.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Forget the history, I wouldn't call the present Giants any better of an organization than the present Jets. Both GMs have their faults, both coaches and rosters have question marks, it's really quite negligible from an objective perspective.

Also, objectively, Darnold was a better prospect than Jones. We'll see what happens at a pro level but I feel like if they were in the same draft Sam would be way ahead of Jones on nearly every team's depth chart.

Got to say, its a lot more than negligible which roster is deeper and better. 

But really, Darnold was a better prospect?  Ya think? 

51 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is a joke right? Darnold is on track to own the AFC with Mahomes. The new Manning versus Brady has been set... 

Daniel Jones is packing groceries by 2022.

LOL. Darnold has shown nothing so far as to make that prediction. Lets hope this comes true. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, list all the studs hes picked not named Barkley

And signed OBJ to a massive contract only to almost immediately trade him, let their Pro Bowl safety walk for NO compensation, trade Snacks for peanuts, include one of their best defenders in Olivier in the OBJ trade. 

He’s almost singlehandedly destroying that team. 

Its like he’s doing it on purpose. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

It will be interesting to see which QB has a better career. I’ll go with Jones simply because the Giants are a better organization and I have no confidence in Gase.

A permanent ban for WayneChrebet80 based on that he is bored and wasted 5 seconds of my life.

12 minutes ago, funaz said:

LOL. Darnold has shown nothing so far as to make that prediction. Lets hope this comes true. 

True..because he was drafted to a franchise that excelled at drafting players and developing them.  Plus, fortunately for Sam, the offensive line and offensive weapons were a priority several drafts before he was drafted.

The Jets set up Sam for success before he - or another young QB, was a consideration as a candidate for the QB position.  

Bless your heart for your insight and knowledge. ❤️

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

True..because he was drafted to a franchise that excelled at drafting players and developing them.  Plus, fortunately for Sam, the offensive line and offensive weapons were a priority several drafts before he was drafted.

The Jets set up Sam for success before he - or another young QB, was a consideration as a candidate for the QB position.  

Bless your heart for your insight and knowledge. ❤️

This is a veteran JN post right here.