Colin Cowherd’s Opinion About Jets’ Draft

STLuLu

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Trevor Lawrence, unless there’s a terrible injury is the number 1 overall pick this year or next year or any year except probably the Luck or Manning drafts.

But also, there are analytics and theory books that would point towards my strategy. It’s a real thing.

Glad you know what he will be, how he will turn out.  I mean after Darnolds first year, his game against PSU he was the thought of the same way, was the best QB prospect since Luck.  Try a history book.  Your strategy is nonsense.  No one is trading a talented, to prospect

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Glad you know what he will be, how he will turn out.  I mean after Darnolds first year, his game against PSU he was the thought of the same way.  As were others.  Try a history book.  Your strategy is nonsense.

No he was not. Lawrence is in the Luck/Peyton category of QB prospects.

7 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Would have been a great idea, draft oline that entire draft, defense this one, then wait till flowing locks or Tua in the 2020 draft.  

That would have been the smart, logical  thing to do.

But one can say logic rarely comes into the discussion when it involves a game of passion and intangibles.

The NFL needs a woman GM.  Me.

If you're as smart (and hot) as Limo Lady was on the old Jets Insider board, you have my vote!

But I am from Canada, so it is only worth 7/10ths here, so.....

7 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Trevor Lawrence, unless there’s a terrible injury is the number 1 overall pick this year or next year or any year except probably the Luck or Manning drafts.

But also, there are analytics and theory books that would point towards my strategy. It’s a real thing.

The 2020 Draft is already setting up like the 2018 Draft with 4 excellent prospects.  Trevor Lawrence, Tua, Herbert and Fromm will likely all be Top 10 picks.  I'm thinking teams like the Chargers, Steelers, etc. are going to make big plays to move up and find their next 15 year QBs!

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The 2020 Draft is already setting up like the 2018 Draft with 4 excellent prospects.  Trevor Lawrence, Tua, Herbert and Fromm will likely all be Top 10 picks.  I'm thinking teams like the Chargers, Steelers, etc. are going to make big plays to move up and find their next 15 year QBs!

Bomb 4 Fromm

• Haha 1

Through this draft we realized that Mac is not up to the job of a 2019 GM.

We all acknowledged that for what a top 5-10 pick gets paid, Mac needed to pick the best player.   Most of us acknowledge that Quinnen was that player.  

But after that, if the goal was to help the offense and protect and develop Darnold, Mac really should have picked offense on every pick.  WR, OL TE.  

Take a chance on an EDGE when you can get a OL who can start this year or next?  Could we use an EDGE?  Yes.  But the team already invested in Henry, Shepherd, Foley, McClendon, Leo, Mosley and Williamson, plus Copeland, Luvu, Jenkins.  Make Gregg Williams figure it out while ensuring that there is actually an OL this year and next.  If Josh Allen looks better than Quinnen, this looks like a massive miscue.  

Blocking TE over a starting Guard?

undersized LB instead of All Sec Center?  

CB with 2 knee surgeries rather than steal WR?  

Mac is never going to get it.  He needs to go.  

I was hoping for the penn state guard. But he is very raw and would have been a depth pick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Who the hell cares what Colin Cowherd has to say?

Hes a West Coast guy that loves Sam Darnold. So to get Jet fans excited & wanting to hear good things about about our new QB people tune in to hear about it.

Now that his staff knows that most of Jetnation think Macc should be fired & the draft was an unmitigated disaster, he has a segment to agree with that high percentage of fans to click on his schtick. 

Its hard to believe that there are still sports fans that don't understand how this Sports media thing works. Talking heads are paid by how many followers they have & you get followers by tweaking fans. Francesa is a pro at this sh*t & guys like Cowherd have just taken his torch.

14 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Yet, he embarrassed the Kings of the SEC.

To add to that, so far the California QBs - numbers wise, are the best in the NFL. Oh, those soft Cali guys.  Gonna keep reminding you folks about that.  ?

ha ha. he is probably a star in the making.  just that the pros play real defense and have pretty exotic defenses for young QBs.  His physicals are off the charts, of course. His demeanor impressed me most, though.  Heck, when Sanchez used to look good in college I remarked how his receivers were always 10 yard in the clear when he threw to them.  This guy is different.  He was pinpoint.  That championship game was as much about how bad Tua was as well.  Tua was terrible.  Deep down Saban thinks he can beat anybody with his defense.  He needed a lot of help and got none. And you are right about Cali QBs

29 minutes ago, jack48 said:

ha ha. he is probably a star in the making.  just that the pros play real defense and have pretty exotic defenses for young QBs.  His physicals are off the charts, of course. His demeanor impressed me most, though.  Heck, when Sanchez used to look good in college I remarked how his receivers were always 10 yard in the clear when he threw to them.  This guy is different.  He was pinpoint.  That championship game was as much about how bad Tua was as well.  Tua was terrible.  Deep down Saban thinks he can beat anybody with his defense.  He needed a lot of help and got none. And you are right about Cali QBs

He was equally as bad vs Georgia in the SEC championship before he got his bell rung and they took him out. He seems to have a big problem reading defenses and seeing where to go with the ball. Haven't seen the Oregon guy play, but Tua seems to me a distant third behind Lawrence and Fromm.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Lawrence isn't elegible until 2021. True freshman this year.

• Upvote 1