Quinnen Williams

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

98 degrees and 98% humidity in the jungle . 18 months was plenty. Loved the Royal Thai's and the people. Still do very much. They have shall we say a unique way of handing out justice.

We should send Macc there in that case. Justified justice.

2 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Wasn't the biggest fan of the pick at the time, was hoping for a trade down, edge, or Oliver, now I'm hoping QW can turn into the elite defender his numbers and tape suggest he'll become. 

With that being said, what kind of impact would Q have to have to be considered a great pick? Would it take an individual stat like having 8+ sacks his rookie year, or a team stat having the Jets be Top 5 rush or total defense? Training camp reports of no one being able to block him? (Lol)

If you're happy with the pick what do you think reasonable expectations for QW are, and if you weren't feeling it what kind of impact would QW have to have to change your mind? 

Rather than stats I would like to see him force pocket passers like Tom Brady out of the pocket and make them as uncomfortable as possible. If he can do this consistently it will help our outside pass rushers as well. His job will be more than likely to just destroy the interior lines and create complete chaos up the middle and also stop teams from establishing the run. If we are in a 3-4 hybrid defense don't expect many sacks if we run more of a 4-3 (which I think we can) you will see more in the way of QB Sacks and tackles in the backfield

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

8-8 = success? Man, Macc has really lowered the bar. At least TannenRex got us to 11-5 that one time.

Yeah, but we actually had a talented team in '09 and '10, sans QB.

Macc is still working with the sh*tty drafts that Idzik left him with, don't ya know?

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, BCJet said:

I hope we have a DC in Williams who is smart enough to use hybrid packages.

Having Q be able to rush the passer while also being 305 and able to play the run can allow us to have a package of 3-3-5 with the LBs being Williamson, Mosley and Lee and be able to limit early down passes and still play the run.

When we have a 3rd and long, we can have a 4 man front of Q, Leo, Anderson and Poilte that should be able to get pressure without blitzing.  Add Mosley as the MLB we can then play 6 DBs  or 5 and Lee and have quite a bit of speed on the field.  

My questions is if we do go with Mosley and 6 DBs, who is the 3rd safety  Rontez Miles? 

A 3-3-5 would seem to be a pass-defending alignment with those 5 DBs on the field.  If that's the case I'm not sure using 3 middle LBs in Mosely, Williamson and Lee is a great approach.  This is really where I would have loved a Josh Allen....a QB hunter who can also cover.

We'll see what happens.  Gregg Williams will certainly have options.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

A 3-3-5 would seem to be a pass-defending alignment with those 5 DBs on the field.  If that's the case I'm not sure using 3 middle LBs in Mosely, Williamson and Lee is a great approach.  This is really where I would have loved a Josh Allen....a QB hunter who can also cover.

We'll see what happens.  Gregg Williams will certainly have options.

It's weird how every draft there are always all these linebackers who can cover but in the league there are like none. Where do they go?

Also, if they finally drafted a pass rusher and they were playing him in coverage in nickel I think I would lose my mind.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It's weird how every draft there are always all these linebackers who can cover but in the league there are like none. Where do they go?

Also, if they finally drafted a pass rusher and they were playing him in coverage in nickel I think I would lose my mind.

We lined up Sheldon Richardson at LB....anything is possible with this team.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

8-8 = success? Man, Macc has really lowered the bar. At least TannenRex got us to 11-5 that one time.

I can’t wait for Ira in Staten Island to start calling WFAN this summer saying he will be thrilled by 8-8

7 hours ago, derp said:

It’s funny. I think 8 sacks would get people okay with the pick and 8 is unrealistic. Maybe 6 is a good rookie year? Tough as an interior DL...but that’s why interior DL have slipped lately.

Qb pressures is a more accurate way to evaluate interior dL rushers.  

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

We were one play away from the worst record in the NFL- are we really going to bitch about 8-8?

Yes.  8-8 is no-mans land.  A lot of teams finish in that 7-9 to 8-8 range in any given year.  Its not impressive. 

Granted, having Darnold makes a difference there.  If he plays well then that 8-8 season looks a lot better.  But in a vacuum, 8-8 isn't something to strive for. 

12 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Why does everyone say “Quinnen and Leo”? How about Quinnen and Anderson? If Quinnen has a motor like Anderson, he can very well on that line. Henry deserves more respect and shouldn’t be left out while Leo gets undeserved praise. 

Because Leo is a starter?  Anderson isnt

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

We were one play away from the worst record in the NFL- are we really going to bitch about 8-8?

And we lost 6 games by one score or less.  Easily could have won more, especially given Bowles, etc.  This is the NFL, not a big difference between winning games and losing.

8-8 doesnt become a bigger accomplishment because the team sucked last year

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I would hope more fans are focused on team accomplishments that individual accomplishments. 

Unless they have petty agendas.

Yes, agreed that team accomplishments are more important than pers PEEP THIS GIF OF ME ME ME KNOCKING DOWN EDELMAN IN THIS GAME WE LOST BY TWO TD’S CALL ME PRESIDENT sonal accomplishments for sure 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Wasn't the biggest fan of the pick at the time, was hoping for a trade down, edge, or Oliver, now I'm hoping QW can turn into the elite defender his numbers and tape suggest he'll become. 

With that being said, what kind of impact would Q have to have to be considered a great pick? Would it take an individual stat like having 8+ sacks his rookie year, or a team stat having the Jets be Top 5 rush or total defense? Training camp reports of no one being able to block him? (Lol)

If you're happy with the pick what do you think reasonable expectations for QW are, and if you weren't feeling it what kind of impact would QW have to have to change your mind? 

He OR Leo need to individually have more sacks/better stats than Josh Allen. If Allen has a bigger impact than either of our super duper 3-4DE's, than this pick is a failure through year one. 

12 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

You're a joke, You love to criticize Macc at every turn but you're afraid to commit  when asked "what would you do differently?" Easy to throw darts at others and to yap about it.

You want football talk, Jets football talk on a Jet forum?

Now youre taking crazy

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

If everything comes together with Polite contributing and the offense being improved I think everyone on defense could see an bump up in stats. 

Jamal could easily put up like 120 tackles, 3-4 sacks, ~10 pass deflections, and 2-4 picks this year. That would probably be pro bowl worthy again.

Sacks in total could look like

QW 7

Leo 8

Jenkins 9

Polite 5

Adams 3

Anderson 5

Lee 3-5 (depending his role)

Mosley 3-5

Williamson 2-4 

Lot of potential for Gregg to work with on levels of this defense.

At a minimum he's going to double his career INTs, huh?

13 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Omg we don’t have enough safeties.

I was following day 3 of the draft on my phone, I was checking on one of our picks and I saw a safety drafted and instantly had a meltdown. So quickly, infact, I didn't immediately realize we had traded that pick to the Saints ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

He OR Leo need to individually have more sacks/better stats than Josh Allen. If Allen has a bigger impact than either of our super duper 3-4DE's, than this pick is a failure through year one. 

Stats dont always tell how disruptive a player is.

Q led the league in QB pressures, fans know sacks.  Thats what Allens appeal was but yet Q hit the QB more often

Theres more to a player and game than stats.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I doesn’t matter weather I answer or not 

You're right it doesnt. But it does mean your opinion is worthless, because you have no courage of conviction. It's very telling that you don't know the difference between Weather and whether however.

not knowing you from Adam I can tell that your entire toolbox consists of the second guess.

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, agreed that team accomplishments are more important than pers PEEP THIS GIF OF ME ME ME KNOCKING DOWN EDELMAN IN THIS GAME WE LOST BY TWO TD’S CALL ME PRESIDENT sonal accomplishments for sure 

Yup. I agree. Primping, posing and peacocking as an act of self promotion is grotesque self flagellation mode to conduct oneself. In any arena

• Sympathy 1