Jets games of old

Figured I start a thread of some old games that you guys remember for whatever reason good or bad. Maybe add a link of the highlights if possible. 

One that I had was the “worst QB duel or all time” btwn Sanchez and Ryan Lindell. Absolutely brutal game to watch. Greg Macolroy threw his only career td pass in this game 

1999 week 1. Jets were considered the possible favorites in the AFC at Elway had hung up his cleats and Parcells was essentially bringing back the same team as the year before. Unfortunately, it wasn’t meant to be as Vinny T went down for the season. Punter Tom Tupa comes in to throw 2 td passes 

Some really bad football in this thread.  Oof.  Personally when I think of bad football I think of the Jets/Colts divisional games in the early 1990s.  Final scores like 6-3.  THAT was some bad football.  I remember the Colts going 1-15 with the only win being a 28-27 upset of the Jets.

Todd Bowles first year he had a week 17 win and the jets are in the playoffs scenario up in Buffalo. Unfortunately the clock struck midnight on Ryan Fitzpatrick’s magical season as he throws 3 fourth quarter picks. Darrell Revis demise is evident in this game as well as Sammy Watkins toasted him all game 

A game that forever changed the future of the organization was the last game of the 1980 season, when the Jets played at Miami in the famous game without announcers. The Jets won, putting the final touches on a wonderful 4-12 season.The significance? With the win, the Jets dropped from 2nd to 3rd in the draft, behind the Giants, and the chance to draft LT. Imagine LT with the Sack Exchange. This one was a true game changer, and not in a good way.

28 minutes ago, section314 said:

A game that forever changed the future of the organization was the last game of the 1980 season, when the Jets played at Miami in the famous game without announcers. The Jets won, putting the final touches on a wonderful 4-12 season.The significance? With the win, the Jets dropped from 2nd to 3rd in the draft, behind the Giants, and the chance to draft LT. Imagine LT with the Sack Exchange. This one was a true game changer, and not in a good way.

The only problem with your theory and I know it sounds crazy, if you recall the Jets regime back then, they shied away from controversial players and I'm not 100% sure they would have drafted LT.  

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

The only problem with your theory and I know it sounds crazy, if you recall the Jets regime back then, they shied away from controversial players and I'm not 100% sure they would have drafted LT.  

I actually thought about that, and you raise a good point. It may have stopped them, although LT was pretty clean coming out, I believe. Who knows? Just the thought of LT lining up outside of Klecko and Gastineau all game long is pretty cool to imagine.

• Upvote 1

11/14/04.

Jets jump out to a 14-0 lead at home against Baltimore.  Lost 20-17 in OT on a Matt Stover FG.

No exact reason, but that game has always stuck out in my mind as particularly soul-crushing for a regular season game that is more under the radar from the obvious choices.

Wish I could watch it again to see why I haven't forgotten it...

20 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

There was no controversy with LT when he was drafted.

He did however play the same spot on the field as Gastineau. 

Maybe he would have taken Mehl's position. LT was not playing left end. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

11/14/04.

Jets jump out to a 14-0 lead at home against Baltimore.  Lost 20-17 in OT on a Matt Stover FG.

No exact reason, but that game has always stuck out in my mind as particularly soul-crushing for a regular season game that is more under the radar from the obvious choices.

Wish I could watch it again to see why I haven't forgotten it...

It was a tough loss but it didn't change anything for our playoff hopes.  Even had we won we still finish in the same spot, still have to go to SD then Pitt.

13 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets Steelers 2007. I was in the stadium for this game and it was all Steelers fans. Jets were god awful with Kellen Clemens as the starting QB and Pitt was really good. Somehow the Jets won this game.

That game became part of a John  Grisham novel.  True!