Return ..of Tannenbaum

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I am a REAL believer in Adam Gase.

He is high IQ with a somewhat hard-ass personality. 

Gase runs the team and Sam to lead it.  I think it's going to work.  

I can ride with this. Keep Gase no matter what he will turn this franchise around.

Hmmmm. I’m not saying nothing happened at all but this is the type of thing Stephen A smith and the other loud mouths of the sports talk world would be discussing till they were blue in the face.

At this time I’d say it’s likely they had disagreements. I’m finding g it hard to believe it reached the level that the “Gase is forcing Macc out” thread did.

If there’s any truth to it, I’m sure the next few days will be fun. :)

That said Tanny, while exciting at times, is the opposite of what we want to have here. I’m tired of taking big swings and missing. I’d rather a slew of solid base hits to will the game.

Eh? Eh? ??‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

You and I may know it's not a question about who to pick. Our owner(s) on the other hand.........

Fair point. But they love darnold, only reason why they didn’t can Mac and allow him to come back on thin ice. I’m sure they noticed about Gase screaming about not having a center to protect darnold. While Mac insists the OL is fine, he bet his job on it. If it doesn’t hold up this yr, he is gone next Jan

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fair point. But they love darnold, only reason why they didn’t can Mac and allow him to come back on thin ice. I’m sure they noticed about Gase screaming about not having a center to protect darnold. While Mac insists the OL is fine, he bet his job on it. If it doesn’t hold up this yr, he is gone next Jan

That's my fear: if Gase is letting his emotions get the better of him, we know Macc & the Johnsons are the opposite of that.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So can we now agree that Gase v Maccagnan is a real thing? 

Gase got iced out of the war room. That's enough evidence. Maccagnan's answers regarding Gase on Francesa yesterday were awkward. He also spoke glowingly of Gregg Williams.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

We really dont have holes at WR. Not in this day and age where #1 WRs are different shapes and sizes

We also really don't have a go-to guy.  3rd and 10, 2 minutes left, down by 3 -  who's the guy you say - "He's gotta get the ball"

Just don't think we have that guy right now.  At least no one I would feel fully comfortable trusting that he'll get open or find a way to catch the ball even if he's not open.

A lot to like about a bunch of our guys - just no one to love (skill-set wise) at least that's my view.

51 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Tannenbaum is the one that destroyed this teams foundation with his bad trades and free agent signings. He also put this team in cap hell. He put this team in a bad situation!!! Not worth signing or thinking or hiring!!!! 

Look at what he did in Miami!!! He did the same thing, that he did with the Jets. Now they are rebuilding the whole team!!!

He went for it though and got us pretty damn close.  

Yes, it put us back a number of years - he went all-in and lost but I still think it was worth the run.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Huh

Parcells the GM cost us Peyton Manning

That's how bad our GM's were.  Even the best one still mostly sucked.

Pacells was only "decent" because he brought us the likes of John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Coles, Randy Thomas and Jason Fabini via the draft, plus Curtis Martin, Kevin Mawae, Bryan Cox, Vinny Testaverde, etc via acquisitions. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We also really don't have a go-to guy.  3rd and 10, 2 minutes left, down by 3 -  who's the guy you say - "He's gotta get the ball"

Just don't think we have that guy right now.  At least no one I would feel fully comfortable trusting that he'll get open or find a way to catch the ball even if he's not open.

A lot to like about a bunch of our guys - just no one to love (skill-set wise) at least that's my view.

I think Enunwa can be that guy

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Gase got iced out of the war room. That's enough evidence. Maccagnan's answers regarding Gase on Francesa yesterday were awkward. He also spoke glowingly of Gregg Williams.

And they made up by drafting Trevon Wesco and two injured defensive players? That’s the story they’re going with? 

Given the history of both parties, it definitely is. Given the nature of our owner, this is going to blow up spectacularly with either Gase resigning abruptly or Mac being fired and we shotgun wedding a new GM.

And the Jets circle jerk continues....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Williams has to be reporting directly to the Johnsons, right? Like, there is no Jetsier way this could be done

Tannenbaum is strictly a deal-maker, not a scout.  Bradway was the scout and he stunk.  I think dealmaking is the thing that Mac does best.  I would love to see a new head scout.
As for the rift between Mac and Gase, that's the new normal at One Jets Drive.  Gase is going to bump heads...a lot.  Wherever he goes, whomever he interacts with, that's just who he is.
The next shakeup for the Jets (which I hope is years from now) Goodell must make the Johnsons hire a Head of Football Operations guy.  He should be the one and only direct report to the J's.  Otherwise, this will continue forever. 

They already hired a new college scout director.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

TRADER MIKE WAS FUN FOR AWHILE, BUT IN THE END IT HURTS THE TEAMS LONG TERM VIABILITY.

sorry caps lock was on

Ozzie or McKenzie for me if available.

I disagree with this. He made some moves out of desperation towards the end, but its hard to build a roster and sustain it for a long period of time. Especially when you do not have a QB. He got us a potentional FQB with Sanchez, and gave him a team with a lot of talent. He then added weapons and kept retooling the roster with veterans trying to make that big push. 

He built a roster that was capable of winning a superbowl, as you saw what we looked like in the playoffs when Sanchez played like a real QB. The problem was he missed on the QB. If Sanchez started elevating the team we would have been fine. He also setup the entire roster to be cleansed if needed as Idzick did when he came in. 

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

So rich cimini was just on ESPN Radio and says there was definitely something to the disagreements between Gase and Maccagnan. Honestly I didn't buy into it at first but he confirmed that they had some serious disputes over personnel and free agency? He said it's definitely something to keep an eye on. That being said, Tannenbaum has recently been doing radio, and WTF is that? If he's available how do you feel about bringing him back? Sign YOURSELF up Tanny!!!??

2B5AF116-DC96-41E0-8379-7C549372E7BC.thumb.jpeg.e672ea62339ea6fc33367742b77d7f8e.jpegm

It's not going to happen with Tanny but his strength was an ability to get along with his HC. Mostly because he wasn't a personnel guy and usually got Eric and Rex players they liked. I don't know who made the Tebow decision obviously Rex hated that move and hardly used the guy. As for with the Fins not sure about the relationship between Tanny and Gase. 

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey listen Tannenbaum was actually great with Mangini. It was only when fat Rex got here that everything went awry and Haywire. And you can also thank mr. Woody for that insistence that we get Brett Favre. I kind of feel that Tannenbaum was a scapegoat for a lot of things. He was actually great with draft trades and I believe he actually delivered what the coaches wanted as all of these guys work in conjunction with each other.

Real great never won a playoff game in that time.:roll:

So rich cimini was just on ESPN Radio and says there was definitely something to the disagreements between Gase and Maccagnan. Honestly I didn't buy into it at first but he confirmed that they had some serious disputes over personnel and free agency? He said it's definitely something to keep an eye on. That being said, Tannenbaum has recently been doing radio, and WTF is that? If he's available how do you feel about bringing him back? Sign YOURSELF up Tanny!!!??

He put together an all pro o line.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I think Christopher Johnson finally got the gist that Mikey Mac was kind of a pushover. I think he actually tried to please everyone in the building and was a good guy. When he saw how aggressive Gase was, he realized that we need somebody who is dominating, aggressive, and somewhat chippy to run a New York football team. To that I say it's about f****** time

• Upvote 1