Return ..of Tannenbaum

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

By chance, was the follow up question to Cimini, “Have you tried reaching out to Gase for comment?” Because that would seem pertinent and the fact that no one has gotten Gase on the record suggests one of two things: 1. These reporters are just that lazy or 2. Gase has, in fact, spoken to them and he’s the source of the stories regarding hating Macc 

If he was the source then he had horrible timing because Gettleman swallowed up the weekend.

1 is more plausible

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So can we now agree that Gase v Maccagnan is a real thing? 

On the one hand, several national writers and now the only local scribe who's come close to earning the title of "journalist" all agree that it is. On the other hand, one local beat writer who has literally never broken a single story in his life and whose primary contribution to the field of journalism is saying sh*t like "I think Gregg Williams will bring some intensity to this defense" to Joe and Evan says it's not. Tough call

• Upvote 3

Just now, dbatesman said:

On the one hand, several national writers and now the only local scribe who's come close to earning the title of "journalist" all agree that it is. On the other hand, one local beat writer who has literally never broken a single story in his life and whose primary contribution to the field of journalism is saying sh*t like "I think Gregg Williams will bring some intensity to this defense" to Joe and Evan says it's not. Tough call

Yes but the degree of the disagreement is unknown. Also the timing. DId this happen just after FA? Was it more recent? Who knows when it happened

30 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tannebaum is a snake oil salesman.  Hes tricked alot of people but gets exposed where the charade wears thin.

Hes made a ton of money doing it though.  Hes good.

ie a “a shyster lawyer/accountant” who never played football and has no business trying to evaluate talent?

Guy really must have a great line of sh*t to get to where he has gotten.

Tannenbaum is strictly a deal-maker, not a scout.  Bradway was the scout and he stunk.  I think dealmaking is the thing that Mac does best.  I would love to see a new head scout.

As for the rift between Mac and Gase, that's the new normal at One Jets Drive.  Gase is going to bump heads...a lot.  Wherever he goes, whomever he interacts with, that's just who he is.

The next shakeup for the Jets (which I hope is years from now) Goodell must make the Johnsons hire a Head of Football Operations guy.  He should be the one and only direct report to the J's.  Otherwise, this will continue forever. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tannenbaum > Idzik > Bradway > Maccagnan

But they all suck. 

The last decent GM we had was Bill Parcells.  Ponder that for a moment. 

Huh

Parcells the GM cost us Peyton Manning

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes but the degree of the disagreement is unknown. Also the timing. DId this happen just after FA? Was it more recent? Who knows when it happened

I don't really see how any of that matters.

EDIT: the timing, I mean. The degree is obviously the most important thing.

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Tannenbaum is strictly a deal-maker, not a scout.  Bradway was the scout and he stunk.  I think dealmaking is the thing that Mac does best.  I would love to see a new head scout.

As for the rift between Mac and Gase, that's the new normal at One Jets Drive.  Gase is going to bump heads...a lot.  Wherever he goes, whomever he interacts with, that's just who he is.

The next shakeup for the Jets (which I hope is years from now) Goodell must make the Johnsons hire a Head of Football Operations guy.  He should be the one and only direct report to the J's.  Otherwise, this will continue forever. 

In all honesty, Goodell is probably lucky to still have his job.I don't think he's in the position to be telling any owner to do anything.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Basically right about Gase just bumping heads in general.  So there was some friction early on.  Probably doesn't help that Gase reports to the owner, not GM, so they are both in equal footing.  

If the jets have a bad season though, I think they are all gone and a new GM and new coach startup again.  So it behooves Macc and Gase to play nice with each other and actually work together.

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

So rich cimini was just on ESPN Radio and says there was definitely something to the disagreements between Gase and Maccagnan. Honestly I didn't buy into it at first but he confirmed that they had some serious disputes over personnel and free agency? He said it's definitely something to keep an eye on. That being said, Tannenbaum has recently been doing radio, and WTF is that? If he's available how do you feel about bringing him back? Sign YOURSELF up Tanny!!!??

Lets make Rex GM and Kotite head of personnel.    

4 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Basically right about Gase just bumping heads in general.  So there was some friction early on.  Probably doesn't help that Gase reports to the owner, not GM, so they are both in equal footing.  

If the jets have a bad season though, I think they are all gone and a new GM and new coach startup again.  So it behooves Macc and Gase to play nice with each other and actually work together.

7 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Betty, half of your post is great,  the first line is perfect. 

Two things.  Not sure that in-fighting is the "new normal" in Florham Park.  This is what happens at the outset of  "arranged marriages".  The Johnsons should have learned this lesson after the Maccagnan/Bowels experiment.  Adam Gase is ultra intense.  Maccagnan is "under the gun" and scarred from the  "Bowels Syndrome".  I'm sure that he feels that he let "Toilet" affect the roster too much, and swore that if he was going to go down, it was going to be on his terms, with "His" players.  Can't blame him.  That being said I don't feel that this will lead to a divorce.  Too much at stake on both sides.

As for  "Goodie" forcing the Jets to hire a Head of Football Operations, you don't want to go there.  First of all who the hell is Roger Goodell to dictate to any owner what they must do in this respect.  Everything he touches, turns to sh#t.  Let him correct some of the long term damage he has done to the game, before he tells ownership what to do.  That doesn't mean that I think hiring a Director of Football Operations is a bad idea, because I don't,  I just think that it has to come from Ownership, not some Jackalope, who's sole contribution to the sport is the procurement of megadollar deals in TV and marketing, that are the sole reasons for the retention of his job.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

In all honesty, Goodell is probably lucky to still have his job.I don't think he's in the position to be telling any owner to do anything.

Lucky to have a job?  They paid him $40mm in 2018 plus crazy benefits.  I wish I was so lucky to have a job.

3 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Betty, half of your post is great,  the first line is perfect. 

Two things.  Not sure that in-fighting is the "new normal" in Florham Park.  This is what happens at the outset of  "arranged marriages".  The Johnsons should have learned this lesson after the Maccagnan/Bowels experiment.  Adam Gase is ultra intense.  Maccagnan is "under the gun" and scarred from the  "Bowels Syndrome".  I'm sure that he feels that he let "Toilet" affect the roster too much, and swore that if he was going to go down, it was going to be on his terms, with "His" players.  Can't blame him.  That being said I don't feel that this will lead to a divorce.  Too much at stake on both sides.

As for  "Goodie" forcing the Jets to hire a Head of Football Operations, you don't want to go there.  First of all who the hell is Roger Goodell to dictate to any owner what they must do in this respect.  Everything he touches, turns to sh#t.  Let him correct some of the long term damage he has done to the game, before he tells ownership what to do.  That doesn't mean that I think hiring a Director of Football Operations is a bad idea, because I don't,  I just think that it has to come from Ownership, not some Jackalope, who's sole contribution to the sport is the procurement of megadollar deals in TV and marketing, that are the sole reasons for the retention of his job.

Thanks for the response Joe.  I don't want to turn this into a "is Goodell good for the game" thread.  So, whoever, however, I just hope the Johnson's FINALLY realize this arranged marriage will not work.  One Head of Football Operations is needed.  Plain and simple.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tannebaum is a snake oil salesman.  Hes tricked alot of people but gets exposed where the charade wears thin.

Hes made a ton of money doing it though.  Hes good.

he wasn't bad when he had a coach who actually knew who the good players are.  once he got paired with rex the wheels started to fall off.

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

At this point I have to believe where there's smoke, there's fire.

Which led me to the thought: if Macc and Gase truly can't co-exist, who does Christopher (aka Woody) Johnson let go?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

At this point I have to believe where there's smoke, there's fire.

Which led me to the thought: if Macc and Gase truly can't co-exist, who does Christopher (aka Woody) Johnson let go?

Is that really a question ? Lol.. They just have to ask one question. “ who will help, build around, and provide protection to our most prized possession “ the HC who knows O and how to work with qbs, or the gm who heavily favors D and is obsessed with bpa lol

Hey listen Tannenbaum was actually great with Mangini. It was only when fat Rex got here that everything went awry and Haywire. And you can also thank mr. Woody for that insistence that we get Brett Favre. I kind of feel that Tannenbaum was a scapegoat for a lot of things. He was actually great with draft trades and I believe he actually delivered what the coaches wanted as all of these guys work in conjunction with each other.

You mean the way he traded away our picks every year to move up for guys like Stephen Hill?

Tannenbaum is the one that destroyed this teams foundation with his bad trades and free agent signings. He also put this team in cap hell. He put this team in a bad situation!!! Not worth signing or thinking or hiring!!!! 

Look at what he did in Miami!!! He did the same thing, that he did with the Jets. Now they are rebuilding the whole team!!!

• Thumb Down 1

So rich cimini was just on ESPN Radio and says there was definitely something to the disagreements between Gase and Maccagnan. Honestly I didn't buy into it at first but he confirmed that they had some serious disputes over personnel and free agency? He said it's definitely something to keep an eye on. That being said, Tannenbaum has recently been doing radio, and WTF is that? If he's available how do you feel about bringing him back? Sign YOURSELF up Tanny!!!??

Do you have a link to that interview?  If's it's true, it would be a big story.  Get lots of hits.  Why wouldn't he be writing about it

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Is that really a question ? Lol.. They just have to ask one question. “ who will help, build around, and provide protection to our most prized possession “ the HC who knows O and how to work with qbs, or the gm who heavily favors D and is obsessed with bpa lol

You and I may know it's not a question about who to pick. Our owner(s) on the other hand.........

13 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He did build one of the best offensive lines in jet history ?‍♂️ A huge weakness and major need now ha. Well I think it was more mangini, because as soon as rex got here tanny forgot about the OL and went all in on D with rexy

He also took it apart by releasing the likes of Dave Szott and Al Faneca and he got Chad Pennington hurt because of the oline,

• Thumb Down 1