Sign in to follow this  
nyjbuddy

2020 Draft Class

Man...Herbert really ****ed us.

If he had stayed in this draft, between him and Murray, we could have really gotten a haul for that 3rd pick.

• Upvote 3

Give me Walker Little!

DNG-L-STANFOOT-0829-1.jpg?w=620

https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/40287/walker-little

In his early 2020 mock draft, Bleacher Report's Matt Miller pegged Stanford junior T Walker Little as the No. 2 overall selection. Miller refers to the 6-foot-7, 313-pound Little as a "plug-and-play blindside protector." In his early mock, he has the Stanford standout heading to the Jets. While it's more/less impossible to predict the actual team order of the draft with the fall season still months away, Miller believes Little would be a perfect fit for the Jets, who failed to address their offensive line need\s this offseason. Georgia's Andrew Thomas and Tennessee's Trey Smith are two other candidates to land as the first offensive linemen selected next spring.
SOURCE: Bleacher Report
Apr 30, 2019, 11:15 AM ET

On 4/30/2019 at 6:19 PM, jetstream23 said:

"Take what the Draft gives you" has become my mindset in recent years.  2018 was a QB draft....we got one.  2019 was loaded with Front 7 defensive talent....we used our first 2 picks on that.  If 2020 is WRs and OTs then I hope that's where we go.  Maybe that's a reason why the Jets passed on WR given the opportunity in several rounds this year to get one.

If you accept that the value for trade downs was not there in Rd 1 and that trading up into Rd 2 was simply too expensive (future picks, etc.)... then the choices really come down to:

• Chuma Edoga over Miles Boykin/Hakeem Butler and Cajuste/Bobby Evans
    • They traded up for Edoga so clearly this was the guy they wanted, I probably would've gone Butler as a nice big red zone target. Whatever as long as he pass protects and turns into a starter. 
  • Trevon Wesco over Riley Ridley (WR) and Michael Jordan (C)
    • Wesco seems like he has higher upside than either honestly. Probably would've gone Jordan as G/C depth
  • Blake Cashman over David Edwards (OT) and Travis Fulgham (WR)
    • He needs to be a core special teamer for this pick to be ok IMO. 
  • Blessuan Austin over Kelvin Harmon (WR) and Kris Boyd (CB) 
    • This bothers me the most honestly -- I don't think you get anything out of Austin this year and possibly next, 7th should be a core special teamer. He probably turns into a Pro-Bowler given my dislike here haha 
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2019 at 10:47 AM, IndianaJet said:

Man...Herbert really ****ed us.

If he had stayed in this draft, between him and Murray, we could have really gotten a haul for that 3rd pick.

I know but I think he did the right thing for him. Hopefully, for him, he avoids injury and has a rebound year.

I absolutely love Walker Little but ya know I’m bias with Georgia players and I think Andrew Thomas is the best in the class.

• Upvote 1

7 WRs and 5 OTs......12 players, more than 1/3 of the first round.   One of these has to be a target for the Jets in 2020. 

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

7 WRs and 5 OTs......12 players, more than 1/3 of the first round.   One of these has to be a target for the Jets in 2020. 

You would think so.   I think as this season plays out people will realize just how bad this team needs an infusion of playmakers on offense.   People are overrating this current group.   

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2019 at 1:18 AM, jetstream23 said:

I’m going to guess and say that they’ll be more defensive players added to the top by the draft but this should be a good year to get offensive players. 

• Upvote 1

I love Ceedee Lamb and Walker Little and also Trey Adams and basically every offensive player in this draft class. But does anyone have intel on CBs?

OLine, CB and WR seems to be the biggest needs for the Jets.  Those first two positions are considered premium positions....expensive in FA, hard to find standout players, difficult to keep without using franchise tags, etc.  Assuming the Jets go something like 8-8, 9-7 this year then they'll be picking in the 14-20 range.  If the Draft is as deep as they say then I could see Joe Douglas trying to do what the Eagles did this year....find a solid LT prospect in that range.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2019 at 1:47 AM, jetstream23 said:

OLine, CB and WR seems to be the biggest needs for the Jets.  Those first two positions are considered premium positions....expensive in FA, hard to find standout players, difficult to keep without using franchise tags, etc.  Assuming the Jets go something like 8-8, 9-7 this year then they'll be picking in the 14-20 range.  If the Draft is as deep as they say then I could see Joe Douglas trying to do what the Eagles did this year....find a solid LT prospect in that range.

It would be nice to see them concentrate on OL then CB/WR. I’m guessing they’ll be drafting around 10. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2019 at 1:57 PM, New York Mick said:

It would be nice to see them concentrate on OL then CB/WR. I’m guessing they’ll be drafting around 10. 

The Jets won't be drafting in the top 15.

• Upvote 2