Gase did NOT want LeVeon Bell-Cimini

Well to be fair, bell didn’t want to come to jets. His reply to Adams ? On Twitter this offseason, “ not enough $$ to come run with jets “ clearly was a dig maybe about how much he would have to work harder playing behind macs bellow average OL, compared to a top 1 in Pitt. He also waited to the very last min of jets deadline to sign here. When it was clear no one was matching our offer

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

It’s time to fire Gase and give the job to Greg Williams if all of this is all true.he was a huge problem in Miami and its just happening again.  An ego maniac can coach a team sometimes but when an ego manic can’t do the job it just becomes a train wreck.  He’s already proved in another town that he can’t do it.  Time to move on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 15
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

It’s time to fire Gase and give the job to Greg Williams if all of this is all true.he was a huge problem in Miami and its just happening again.  An ego maniac can coach a team sometimes but when an ego manic can’t do the job it just becomes a train wreck.  He’s already proved in another town that he can’t do it.  Time to move on. 

Lol. What a fan base!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Well to be fair, bell didn’t want to come to jets. His reply to Adams ? On Twitter this offseason, “ not enough $$ to come run with jets “ clearly was a dig maybe about how much he would have to work harder playing behind macs bellow average OL, compared to a top 1 in Pitt. He also waited to the very last min of jets deadline to sign here. When it was clear no one was matching our offer

I was on record as saying I wanted no part of Bell, or his former WR team mate Brown. Head cases both of them. Pitt will be much better without he 2 Divas.

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

Uh, why not can the boob with a way worse track record who most fans despise?

Because I’d rather fire the guy who already took a torch and burned all the bridges with his previous organization and has proven he’s a trouble maker.  The Jets under Mike McCagnan still have a chance but if Gase is really doing this he’ll be fired soon even if McCagnan goes and my greatest fear is seeing Darnold in his 3rd offense in 3 years.  Give me stability.  I don’t think Gase will ever be stable.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t care and I don’t think many of the guys here care either lol.

It is what it is. He’s a top 5 RB in the league and Maccagnan did what he was suppose to do. You Secure elite talent if it’s there..because it’d be near criminal not to considering the cap space. You suck. You have money. There’s good players to pay so you can get better. You do so. REAL simple stuff.

I do not shy away from grilling Maccagnan. I think he deserves every bit of skepticism that he gets..w/ that said..nothing to see here.

It’s a team sport. Is not baseball. Attendance matters. 53 guys and the staff, front office being on the same page matters. Bell has always walked to the beat of his own drum. Bringing in a new coach to energize the “culture” after Bowles was in a 4 year coma it’s a tough look for the big free agent who skipped a season to smoke pot just saying “nah, I’m not practicing.” I don’t blame Gase for being pissed. The highest paid player not showing up makes everyone look silly.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Gase can't be this STUPID when he has to coach Bell......................

Can He....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD GRIEF!!! :( 

Sadly deep down you may very well know the answer to your question CB.

27 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

He mentioned this during an interview with ESPN radio. It sounded like it came to head when Bell did not report for OTAs and Gase made a snide comment to McCagnan. 

What interview was that? When?

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

Gase is a highly intelligent anti-social hyper-competitive quasi-psychopath whose inability to get along with others gets in the way of his doing his job.

Mac is a plodding political bureaucratic hack who is not very good at is supposed job, which is scouting and assembling football talent. 

What could go wrong?

assuming you meant plotting this is exactly what I was saying at the start of the offseason. Mac has reached the pinnacle of his chosen profession, he's clearly not good at the core functions of the job but you don't get to where he is without being good at something. I believe his skill is political in nature which is why Bowles was shown the door and Mac given a vote a of confidence despite Mac being verifiably more inept. Gase is over matched in this game

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t care and I don’t think many of the guys here care either lol.

It is what it is. He’s a top 5 RB in the league and Maccagnan did what he was suppose to do. You Secure elite talent if it’s there..because it’d be near criminal not to considering the cap space. You suck. You have money. There’s good players to pay so you can get better. You do so. REAL simple stuff.

I do not shy away from grilling Maccagnan. I think he deserves every bit of skepticism that he gets..w/ that said..nothing to see here.

How can you say there's nothing to see here?  There's already a rift between the HC and GM that have been working together for just a matter of months.

The coach who got run out of town o his last job because of anti-social behavior along with the fact that his teams were bad.  The Jets decided to hire him to work with a failing GM with one foot out the door.  

What could they have expected to happen?

The HC disappeared from the draft room and there are all sort of rumors of in-fighting. 

You might not like it but there is TONS to see here.  

Great way to bring up your future Franchise QB 

This franchised isn't cursed it's just stupid.

• Upvote 1