Gase did NOT want LeVeon Bell-Cimini

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Did he ever do that before? 

Last season? And the entire contract dispute was related to him being pissed he was playing two positions.

Again, I hope this was made clear prior to the signing between both parties. OTA's start at the end of May(also voluntary) so we'll see what happens.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I smoke weed all the time and I'm awesome at what I do. 

Also, if you don't think a significant percentage of NFL players smoke weed . . . stop lying to yourself. 

Same here.  I don't think anyone's arguing that he's a worse player for it, but you're missing the point.  

When you've been suspended 2x for weed related offenses you're under the microscope & tested more heavily than others.  And after that, then you post pictures on Instagram with joints in the background, you're even moreso under the microscope.  And not showing up for work on the first day is the cherry on top.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Last season? And the entire contract dispute was related to him being pissed he was playing two positions.

Again, I hope this was made clear prior to the signing between both parties. OTA's start at the end of May(also voluntary) so we'll see what happens.

what he said was that he wanted to get paid like an RB + a WR since he was catching 80 passes a year in addition to rushing 300 times 

1 minute ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

Same here.  I don't think anyone's arguing that he's a worse player for it, but you're missing the point.  

When you've been suspended 2x for weed related offenses you're under the microscope & tested more heavily than others.  And after that, then you post pictures on Instagram with joints in the background, you're even moreso under the microscope.  And not showing up for work on the first day is the cherry on top.  

You're not wrong, but I just can't help but hope that he continues to get away with it. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Never said that, just his article doesn't say you can see joints, only that they're papers. Guess saying that I know what they're for but the article and picture don't say what he's saying threw you off.

And counts as going hard. 

I have to ask: what, exactly, do you think he’s using rolling papers for?

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Uhh...wasn't the hold out because he wanted to get paid more because he does a lot more then just run the ball? Where has it said he was pissed at playing WR? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

Not sure I buy this.  Didn't Gase speak glowingly about Bell's abilities during his last prolonged press conference?

He was wired with anal prods, where if he said the wrong word, the prods were activated remotely. Same thing at the initial press conference. 

Explains a lot. 

5 minutes ago, cant wait said:

what he said was that he wanted to get paid like an RB + a WR since he was catching 80 passes a year in addition to rushing 300 times 

Right. And are we paying him to do both or just one? Hopefully this was settled in the negotiations.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

He was wired with anal prods, where if he said the wrong word, the prods were activated remotely. Same thing at the initial press conference. 

Explains a lot. 

I am too lazy to scroll through this thread to decipher which agenda you are pushing here, but anal prods, ha good nice funny.

24 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I have to ask: what, exactly, do you think he’s using rolling papers for?

Who gives a F, doesn't change the fact that they're not joints.  Again when I said I know what they're used for you skipped over that to ask the same exact question

I get the confusion

5 hours ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

No one's making that up.  He sent out a video of himself playing video games this offseason with a pack of pre-rolled joints clearly sitting on his table.  So he's either dumb as rocks, just doesn't give a sh!t, or both.  In my experience, someone who has a 12 pack of pre rolled joints on their coffee table isn't just an occasional smoker or a "weekend warrior".  

Look, i don't care whether the guy smokes weed.  I'm certainly not one to judge.  But when you don't show up on the first day of work, it becomes a problem.  Don't act like there's no merit to the weed talk.  The guy has been suspended for failing/skipping drug tests, and clearly hasn't kicked the habit.  

what part about voluntary do people have understanding. there is no way to force players to attend Voluntary workouts. So it is not the first day of work. The first day of work is when camp starts or when it is mandatory workouts. until then there is nothing to be done to make players show up.

As far as the joints or his intelligence IDK he is here to play football when he cant due to drugs of other issues I will be concerned.

Just now, rammagen said:

what part about voluntary do people have understanding. there is no way to force players to attend Voluntary workouts. So it is not the first day of work. The first day of work is when camp starts or when it is mandatory workouts. until then there is nothing to be done to make players show up.

As far as the joints or his intelligence IDK he is here to play football when he cant due to drugs of other issues I will be concerned.

I am sure you played sports in High School and perhaps beyond growing up. 

I played at a HS that took athletics extremely seriously.  I played a fall sport (football), and a spring sport (Lacrosse).  If there was a season where you weren't playing a sport (for me it was winter) you were expected to be at "voluntary" workouts/practices/summer camps, etc at least 2-3 times a week.  We had basically 100% attendance amongst the kids who weren't currently playing another sport, because we knew the type of buy-in it took to compete for a state championship.  If you weren't at the "voluntary" workouts, word got back to the coach, thru the captains, and noted.  If I was able to understand that at 15,16,17 years old, there's no excuse for a 27 year old man who is fresh off of signing a contract to make 12 Mil/year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Explains a lot. 

You are still posting on this idiot thread? LOL

17 hours ago, Persiussa said:

It’s time to fire Gase and give the job to Greg Williams if all of this is all true.he was a huge problem in Miami and its just happening again.  An ego maniac can coach a team sometimes but when an ego manic can’t do the job it just becomes a train wreck.  He’s already proved in another town that he can’t do it.  Time to move on. 

Or maybe get rid of Coffee in Hand. I like a competent headstrong guy stirring the pot blowing up complacency such as Gase may be. He hasn't proved he can't do it. It just shows that administration is often the problem, but they get to fire and hire people.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You have way too much time on your hands.  Who gives a shlt we didn't see his buggy eyes on a video.  WTF does it change.

Whining is endless, we didn't see Gase, OMG, let's wait to see him coach before shltting yourself over nonsense that has nothing to do with Ws % Ls.

Well it matters in this topic bc we're discussing, among other things, whether or not there is a rift between Gase and Macc. It may not matter to you so then just ignore this topic and move on. But it must matter bc you're commenting.

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Well it matters in this topic bc we're discussing whether or not there is a rift between Gase and Macc. It may not matter to you so then just ignore this topic and move on. But it must matter bc you're commenting.

No I just can get over how he isn't seen on video, how both saying they were in agreement adds to there's a rift.

You know because we didn't see his face.  Don't tell me where to post.  You can ignore me or even try the ignore feature, heard it's great

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I hear Loggains and Blake Williams are some of the worst coaches in the league . But I’ll reserve my judgement for there time here. Anything is better than Kacey Rodgers .

That could be, but they are good with DC, OL and I like Joe Bob or Jim Bob or whoever the hell he is. Three Ocs ain't bad to have.  I think Loggins is here to run the plays in practice.  Gase and JB will call them.

@AdamSchefter

Rumors of an Adam Gase - Mike Maccagnan feud continue to swirl with the NY Jets, but they continue to only be rumors.  As practices continue there's no evidence of any problems with the team.  In fact, Gase seems quite pleased and demonstrated his excitement by eschewing a bra today and putting his erect nipples on display.  Will continue to monitor this situation. #NippleGate

3 mins ago

Interesting.

:P

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No I just can get over how he isn't seen on video, how both saying they were in agreement adds to there's a rift.

You know because we didn't see his face.  Don't tell me where to post.  You can ignore me or even try the ignore feature, heard it's great

Not seeing the HC the entire draft is a big deal after a report that there is a rift between the GM and HC. You guys can down play that all you want.

I made sense so you tried to dismiss my post as non topical. Meanwhile, all you've been doing is commenting on multiple topics about the same subject. And I WILL tell you where to and where not to post. I don't see anything you can do about it. If you don't like it then ignore me. I heard it's great. 

16 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

I am sure you played sports in High School and perhaps beyond growing up. 

I played at a HS that took athletics extremely seriously.  I played a fall sport (football), and a spring sport (Lacrosse).  If there was a season where you weren't playing a sport (for me it was winter) you were expected to be at "voluntary" workouts/practices/summer camps, etc at least 2-3 times a week.  We had basically 100% attendance amongst the kids who weren't currently playing another sport, because we knew the type of buy-in it took to compete for a state championship.  If you weren't at the "voluntary" workouts, word got back to the coach, thru the captains, and noted.  If I was able to understand that at 15,16,17 years old, there's no excuse for a 27 year old man who is fresh off of signing a contract to make 12 Mil/year.  

Just a hunch, but I have a feeling LeVeon Bell knows how to be a Football player at this point in his life whereas teenagers literally know nothing other than video games and masturbation.

And do you know there wasnt an excuse to miss the lay up lines and 3 man weave?  He was in the building April 8th, when it was mandatory they show.  He participated in everything up until those 3 hours of "practice".  So, maybe, just maybe...there was an excuse?  

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Mandatory Vacation Time for the extremely tired Le'Veon Bell. Promoting a rap album is exhausting. 

Question; how many games, yards and TD's did Bell cost the Jets by missing 3 hours worth of "practice" in April? 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Just a hunch, but I have a feeling LeVeon Bell knows how to be a Football player at this point in his life whereas teenagers literally know nothing other than video games and masturbation.

And do you know there wasnt an excuse to miss the lay up lines and 3 man weave?  He was in the building April 8th, when it was mandatory they show.  He participated in everything up until those 3 hours of "practice".  So, maybe, just maybe...there was an excuse?  

You're missing the point.  I'm not saying he'll forget how to play football if he doesn't attend voluntary workouts.  If he had a legit excuse than I completely understand and I'm wrong for doubting him.

But my point is that to be a championship team requires buy-in and sacrifice from your players.  There were times we had to have our parents drive us home early from a weekend at the beach to make "voluntary" 7 on 7's in the summer.  We did it because it was the right thing to do, and because we were focused on winning as much as we possibly could.  The guys who didn't show were normally the ones who showed up on day 1 huffing and puffing after warm ups, riding pine all season, and complaining how coach is unfair or doesn't like them.  Obviously won't be the case with Bell, as he's our starting running back Week 1 regardless of what he does, but my point still stands.  

3 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

You're missing the point.  I'm not saying he'll forget how to play football if he doesn't attend voluntary workouts.  If he had a legit excuse than I completely understand and I'm wrong for doubting him.

But my point is that to be a championship team requires buy-in and sacrifice from your players.  There were times we had to have our parents drive us home early from a weekend at the beach to make "voluntary" 7 on 7's in the summer.  We did it because it was the right thing to do, and because we were focused on winning as much as we possibly could.  The guys who didn't show were normally the ones who showed up on day 1 huffing and puffing after warm ups, riding pine all season, and complaining how coach is unfair or doesn't like them.  Obviously won't be the case with Bell, as he's our starting running back Week 1 regardless of what he does, but my point still stands.  

I'm not missing your point one bit.  Team unity blah blah blah stuff.   I get it.  

So I'll ask you the same question; how many wins, yards, TD's did Bell missing 3 hours of "practice" in April cost the Jets?