Jump to content
WayneChrebet80

Gase did NOT want LeVeon Bell-Cimini

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I'm not missing your point one bit.  Team unity blah blah blah stuff.   I get it.  

So I'll ask you the same question; how many wins, yards, TD's did Bell missing 3 hours of "practice" in April cost the Jets?  

It can't be quantified. You'd hope that one of your best & most highly paid players would set a better example for the younger players to follow.  Look no further than a guy like Leo who followed the example of Sheldon & Mo Wilkerson. Can you get by with one or two of those types on your roster? Of course.  But if you have 53 guys doing the bare minimum and only showing up when required, you're not going to get very far.  

We differ in opinion on this one.  No worries. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not missing your point one bit.  Team unity blah blah blah stuff.   I get it.  

So I'll ask you the same question; how many wins, yards, TD's did Bell missing 3 hours of "practice" in April cost the Jets?  

You put no stock into the nuances of the locker room? A new coach, with a new system trying to establish a a new "culture" or whatever you want to call it...I think the high priced signing being there at least sets a bit of a tone- no? 

Bell has a lot to prove after missing a season. It was a risky signing. Everyone knows it. It's fair to be skeptical if he's choosing to miss time already.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You are still posting on this idiot thread? LOL

 

A7164759-4FCE-42B1-926F-773D4544B75B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

It can't be quantified. You'd hope that one of your best & most highly paid players would set a better example for the younger players to follow.  Look no further than a guy like Leo who followed the example of Sheldon & Mo Wilkerson. Can you get by with one or two of those types on your roster? Of course.  But if you have 53 guys doing the bare minimum and only showing up when required, you're not going to get very far.  

We differ in opinion on this one.  No worries. 

 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You put no stock into the nuances of the locker room? A new coach, with a new system trying to establish a a new "culture" or whatever you want to call it...I think the high priced signing being there at least sets a bit of a tone- no? 

Bell has a lot to prove after missing a season. It was a risky signing. Everyone knows it. It's fair to be skeptical if he's choosing to miss time already.

100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

It can't be quantified. You'd hope that one of your best & most highly paid players would set a better example for the younger players to follow.  Look no further than a guy like Leo who followed the example of Sheldon & Mo Wilkerson. Can you get by with one or two of those types on your roster? Of course.  But if you have 53 guys doing the bare minimum and only showing up when required, you're not going to get very far.  

We differ in opinion on this one.  No worries. 

Sooo considering it's just been Bell......we good?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you all accept these unsubstantiated reports? How many leaks have actually come out of the Jets front office in the last couple of years, that were proven correct? Any? Yet 11 pages of Gase not wanting LB. Funny stuff!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Those really are huge nipples. 

 

CA74C177-6E1B-4B38-9B93-F8640CFCAFCE.jpeg

You’re really beginning to frighten me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, is O Beckham supposed to be working out with the Browns??  ‘Cause he’s working out at USC - again, cheap a**. 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

It can't be quantified. You'd hope that one of your best & most highly paid players would set a better example for the younger players to follow.  Look no further than a guy like Leo who followed the example of Sheldon & Mo Wilkerson. Can you get by with one or two of those types on your roster? Of course.  But if you have 53 guys doing the bare minimum and only showing up when required, you're not going to get very far.  

We differ in opinion on this one.  No worries. 

Cool thing is, to my knowledge, Bell was the only one not there.  So I dont think there is some mass wave of slackers taking the Jets by storm.  I would assume, considering he's been in the building and participating since April 8th, that he had a reason for missing even if it wasnt shared with the masses.

It would be one thing if he never showed up at all but he did and then just didnt participate in these worthless practices.  So I really dont think it's sending any type of message to anyone, in April, about the upcoming season.

Yes, we can agree to disagree. 

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You put no stock into the nuances of the locker room? A new coach, with a new system trying to establish a a new "culture" or whatever you want to call it...I think the high priced signing being there at least sets a bit of a tone- no? 

Bell has a lot to prove after missing a season. It was a risky signing. Everyone knows it. It's fair to be skeptical if he's choosing to miss time already.

I put less than 0 stock into Bell missing 3 hours of practice impacting the locker room or culture.   Again, he's been here.  You guys are acting like he's having another hold out.  He's not.  He's been in the building since the 8th, working out and participating in meetings with the team.  He missed 3 hours of practice in April.  It means less nothing.

Bell does have a lot to prove, so I'm sure he's working out on his own.  Lots of guys do this around the league.  If Bell wants to see all the money of the contract, he's going to have to prove himself because the Jets can get out in 2 years for nothing.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

 

A7164759-4FCE-42B1-926F-773D4544B75B.jpeg

Our last 2 coaches with man boobs made the playoffs in their first year.  I can tell he's been working on those bad boys.  Smart man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

You’re really beginning to frighten me.

My nipples are average size 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My nipples are average size 

Does that go for everything else?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

Our last 2 coaches with man boobs made the playoffs in their first year.  I can tell he's been working on those bad boys.  Smart man. 

Flex them titties, hot boy, is what I always say

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Does that go for everything else?  

Girrrrrrrrrrl, would I have this kind of internet presence if I didn’t have a huge penis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Girrrrrrrrrrl, would I have this kind of internet presence if I didn’t have a huge penis 

Probably?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cool thing is, to my knowledge, Bell was the only one not there.  So I dont think there is some mass wave of slackers taking the Jets by storm.  I would assume, considering he's been in the building and participating since April 8th, that he had a reason for missing even if it wasnt shared with the masses.

It would be one thing if he never showed up at all but he did and then just didnt participate in these worthless practices.  So I really dont think it's sending any type of message to anyone, in April, about the upcoming season.

Yes, we can agree to disagree. 

I'll put it this way, say you take a new job.  You're not scheduled to start until May 15th, but your new boss calls you and says "Hey JiF, I know you're not scheduled to start yet, but we're having this dinner on the 10th it'd be great if you could make it."  Unless you had a solid excuse, you'd go, right? For the opportunity to get started on the right foot and show you're willing to go above and beyond, meeting your new co-workers, etc.  

I agree with you that it will have no effect on the team's W/L total this season.  But this thread was about Bell, and reasons why Gase may not want to coach him.  If the report is true, then I'd guess that's the reason.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Matt39  @F00tballGuy69

Bell was working out with his own crew on the 18th.  I'm 100% confident since that's the case, the Jets new about and it's probably why Gase didnt care one bit when asked about it and looks like he knew exactly what he'd be doing while he was gone.  

"It's voluntary," Gase said, via ESPN.com. "(Bell) was here that first week (of offseason workouts), and we got a lot of good information that week to him."

"[Bell] has a pretty good training regimen that he goes through," Gase said. "He knows how to get his body ready for training camp and the regular season. He's been doing this for a minute."

 

Bell's twitter page shows multiple videos of him working out hard (twice as hard as he would have at "practice") with this own crew on the same dates as when the other Jets were running around cones and playing grab ass together. 

Edit; there are some videos also shows him working out with the Jets

https://twitter.com/LeVeonBell?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Girrrrrrrrrrl, would I have this kind of internet presence if I didn’t have a huge penis 

Who are you trying to convince?  Doubt you’d be here on a Sports message board if the family jewels were in fact, that amazing.

Thomas, Thomas, must you be so vulgar?  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

I'll put it this way, say you take a new job.  You're not scheduled to start until May 15th, but your new boss calls you and says "Hey JiF, I know you're not scheduled to start yet, but we're having this dinner on the 10th it'd be great if you could make it."  Unless you had a solid excuse, you'd go, right? For the opportunity to get started on the right foot and show you're willing to go above and beyond, meeting your new co-workers, etc.  

I agree with you that it will have no effect on the team's W/L total this season.  But this thread was about Bell, and reasons why Gase may not want to coach him.  If the report is true, then I'd guess that's the reason.  

Ironically, I've had this exact scenario play out.  When I accepted my current job, they asked me to join some strategy meeting before my first day and I couldnt make it because I had prior obligations.  So I explained what I was doing (traveling to surf) and my boss was great with it.  It didnt negatively impact anything I'm doing now, I didnt lose respect of my peers and it didnt impact the culture of the team I manage. 

Which seems to be the exact case with Bell.  Check out what I posted.  He was working out on his own with his crew, he's got videoes to prove it on Twitter.  It seems Gase was well aware of his "regiment" and how he gets himself prepared for camp.   I think it's quite clear Gase was aware of what Bell was doing.  

And again, you  keep acting like he's pulling a no show.  He's not.  He has been in the building participating with the team since April 8th.  He missed 3 hours of "practice".  He's met the team, hung out with the boys, worked out with them, sat in on meetings, pulled a few fingers and has the playbook.  Everything that builds chemistry.  He literally missed running around cones and doing positional drills. They didnt run plays or schemes.  It was basic sh*t you do your first day of PeeWee Football. 

This is beyond meaningless. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Who are you trying to convince?  Doubt you’d be here on a Sports message board if the family jewels were in fact, that amazing.

Thomas, Thomas, must you be so vulgar?  

Hang on. I’m totally posting a pic in a few. Set your calendar, @joewilly12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Staggered them?  Macc was in on the Gase hiring. 

C & WR over Lee?  Who?  Lee was the right pick, he's just never going to be great. happens at 20

Why waste you're time ? Some of these revisionists are just dug in.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ironically, I've had this exact scenario play out.  When I accepted my current job, they asked me to join some strategy meeting before my first day and I couldnt make it because I had prior obligations.  So I explained what I was doing (traveling to surf) and my boss was great with it.  It didnt negatively impact anything I'm doing now, I didnt lose respect of my peers and it didnt impact the culture of the team I manage. 

Which seems to be the exact case with Bell.  Check out what I posted.  He was working out on his own with his crew, he's got videoes to prove it on Twitter.  It seems Gase was well aware of his "regiment" and how he gets himself prepared for camp.   I think it's quite clear Gase was aware of what Bell was doing.  

And again, you  keep acting like he's pulling a no show.  He's not.  He has been in the building participating with the team since April 8th.  He missed 3 hours of "practice".  He's met the team, hung out with the boys, worked out with them, sat in on meetings, pulled a few fingers and has the playbook.  Everything that builds chemistry.  He literally missed running around cones and doing positional drills. They didnt run plays or schemes.  It was basic sh*t you do your first day of PeeWee Football. 

This is beyond meaningless. 

 

Stop parsing. It’s weak not to be there considering what his public image is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Why waste you're time ? Some of these revisionists are just dug in.

Defending a bad first round pick that they’re going to cut soon is extremely on brand for you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hang on. I’m totally posting a pic in a few. Set your calendar, @joewilly12

You will not be fooling anyone if you copy and paste a photo of John Holmes nasty-a** dong on here.  We will not buy it, Thomas!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HelenOfTroy said:

You will not be fooling anyone is you copy and paste a photo of John Holmes nasty-a** dong on here.  We will not buy it, Thomas!

I know you’re seducing me and it’s totally working, mami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ironically, I've had this exact scenario play out.  When I accepted my current job, they asked me to join some strategy meeting before my first day and I couldnt make it because I had prior obligations.  So I explained what I was doing (traveling to surf) and my boss was great with it.  It didnt negatively impact anything I'm doing now, I didnt lose respect of my peers and it didnt impact the culture of the team I manage. 

Which seems to be the exact case with Bell.  Check out what I posted.  He was working out on his own with his crew, he's got videoes to prove it on Twitter.  It seems Gase was well aware of his "regiment" and how he gets himself prepared for camp.   I think it's quite clear Gase was aware of what Bell was doing.  

And again, you  keep acting like he's pulling a no show.  He's not.  He has been in the building participating with the team since April 8th.  He missed 3 hours of "practice".  He's met the team, hung out with the boys, worked out with them, sat in on meetings, pulled a few fingers and has the playbook.  Everything that builds chemistry.  He literally missed running around cones and doing positional drills. They didnt run plays or schemes.  It was basic sh*t you do your first day of PeeWee Football. 

This is beyond meaningless. 

 

I'm not saying he's pulling a no show.  I'm saying he's attending the things that are required, and not attending the things that aren't required.  I like to call that "The bare minimum".  He's completely within his right to do so.  Now that I've been at my same job several years, I do the same thing, but it wasn't like that at the start.  

I agree that this particular absence has no effect in the grand scheme.  But again, if you had a team full of players who do "the bare minimum" it will certainly show. 

I'd also argue that a pre-planned vacation is a bit different than skipping to work out with your buddies, but it's great to see him working out nonetheless.  As a pro athlete, I'd expect him to be doing that regardless. 

I enjoy the debate, my friend.  It's what makes this site the best on the internet.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JiF said:

@Matt39  @F00tballGuy69

Bell was working out with his own crew on the 18th.  I'm 100% confident since that's the case, the Jets new about and it's probably why Gase didnt care one bit when asked about it and looks like he knew exactly what he'd be doing while he was gone.  

"It's voluntary," Gase said, via ESPN.com. "(Bell) was here that first week (of offseason workouts), and we got a lot of good information that week to him."

"[Bell] has a pretty good training regimen that he goes through," Gase said. "He knows how to get his body ready for training camp and the regular season. He's been doing this for a minute."

 

Bell's twitter page shows multiple videos of him working out hard (twice as hard as he would have at "practice") with this own crew on the same dates as when the other Jets were running around cones and playing grab ass together. 

Edit; there are some videos also shows him working out with the Jets

https://twitter.com/LeVeonBell?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

 

I get it. Hopefully it's what you're saying it is and when practice rolls around it's a non issue. Connecting some dots though(gremlins!) I think there could be some unfinished business as it relates to Bell's attendance/contract/expectations- specifically with the new coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Defending a bad first round pick that they’re going to cut soon is extremely on brand for you 

Says the man that won't commit when asked this week who he would have picked at #3 instead of Q since he didn't like Macc's pick. Perhaps Jawaan Taylor who you thought enough of to pick at #6 for the Giants. lol  You have zero credibility.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

I'm not saying he's pulling a no show.  I'm saying he's attending the things that are required, and not attending the things that aren't required.  I like to call that "The bare minimum".  He's completely within his right to do so.  Now that I've been at my same job several years, I do the same thing, but it wasn't like that at the start.  

I agree that this particular absence has no effect in the grand scheme.  But again, if you had a team full of players who do "the bare minimum" it will certainly show. 

 

I agree but it's none the less disappointing. Especially going to a new team. You'd think he'd like to make a good 1st impression.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm calling BS on this. Cimini 100% would have tweeted and written an article about it. He's not letting something like that get swept under the rug.

we know maneesh wouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JetsFanatic said:

When was the last time you had a date my friend?

With nipples that large? ‘95.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...