Gase did NOT want LeVeon Bell-Cimini

Just now, CTM said:

assuming you meant plotting this is exactly what I was saying at the start of the offseason. Mac has reached the pinnacle of his chosen profession, he's clearly not good at the core functions of the job but you don't get to where he is without being good at something. I believe his skill is political in nature which is why Bowles was shown the door and Mac given a vote a of confidence despite Mac being verifiably more inept.

Have you listened to a Maccagnan interview? He’s perfected saying nothing. He seems to be buddy buddy with CJ which has kept him safe. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Have you listened to a Maccagnan interview? He’s perfected saying nothing. He seems to be buddy buddy with CJ which has kept him safe. 

Yes well that is what politicians do. They are cancers to well functioning organizations.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

Mac is stable? We are on rebuild #3, coaching staff #2 and apparently he just brought in a high priced primadonna against his hand picked HC wishes.  Which I'm sorry, yes GM has roster control but it's not good business when you aren't getting atleast getting buy in from HC on everything you are doing.

Mac is an issue and he needs to go

But I thought Mac didn’t have roster control and Bowles made all the bad moves over the last 4 years before Gase? Bowles was the sole reason for all of the bad roster moves and draft picks, right?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also: he’s a 27 year old running back with a million carries who averaged four yards per carry in his last season playing football on a team that ******* loathed him. The Jets are gonna look pretty silly pissing off a head coach in favor of a declining, problematic RB that nobody else wanted.

I agree. It’s such an easy position to find in the draft, and the Jets refuse to draft backs and decide to sign everyone else’s problems. Even the backups are castoffs. Ivory, Crowell, Montgomery, Forte etc. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

But I thought Mac didn’t have roster control and Bowles made all the bad moves over the last 4 years before Gase? Bowles was the sole reason for all of the bad roster moves and draft picks, right?

Anyone who thinks a coach, under normal circumstances, doesn't have tremendous say in roster moves is kidding themselves.

The issue here is that Gase limped in and took the job as Mac's bitch as evidence by the staff selection rumors. More problematic, Mac is on a win now timetable and Gase isn't. They are out of sync, which is why Mac would force Bell on Gase as Bell will likely have a short term return

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Anyone who thinks a coach, under normal circumstances, doesn't have tremendous say in roster moves is kidding themselves.

The issue here is that Gase limped in and took the job as Mac's bitch as evidence by the staff selection rumors. More problematic, Mac is on a win now timetable and Gase isn't. They are out of sync, which is why Mac would force Bell on Gase as Bell will likely have a short term return

Why wouldn’t gase want bell here?  He’s way better than the rbs they have.  I don’t believe this at all.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

Do you believe this story is real? And if you do, how would you handle it?

I think any HC would be disappointed if a player of Bell’s prominence didn’t report to a voluntary OTA. As far as his rift with Maccagnan, I don’t know how serious it is. I remember back in the 80’s George Young and Bill Parcells had their differences but they coexisted and the team did well.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Why wouldn’t gase want bell here?  He’s way better than the rbs they have.  I don’t believe this at all.  

If I'm Gase and know i probably get 2-3 years with Darnold I'd want nothing to do with Bell. If I have to win this season to keep my job I probably agree to take him.

• Upvote 3

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

I think any HC would be disappointed if a player of Bell’s prominence didn’t report to a voluntary OTA. As far as his rift with Maccagnan, I don’t know how serious it is. I remember back in the 80’s George Young and Bill Parcells had their differences but they coexisted and the team did well.

I don’t see how gase could have been upset with the crowder, bell and osemele additions.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

He said “that was one of disputed reports that Gase didn’t wanna pay that kind of money to a RB and when he didn’t show that was kind of his way of saying I told you so.”

Just now, CTM said:

If I'm Gase and know i probably get 2-3 years with Darnold I'd want nothing to do with Bell. If I have to win this season to keep my job I probably agree to take him.

Bell can help win games, and when the lights are on bell produces.  That’s all that matters really.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

There was zero interest in trading for him when the Steelers tried to move him, then there was only minimal interest in signing him as a free agent. So little interest, in fact, the Jets gave him a take it or leave it ultimatum that Bell ended up folding on. The  aging superstar is a nightmare to coach, and especially at running back where they’re fairly interchangeable 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

There was zero interest in trading for him when the Steelers tried to move him, then there was only minimal interest in signing him as a free agent. So little interest, in fact, the Jets gave him a take it or leave it ultimatum that Bell ended up folding on. The  aging superstar is a nightmare to coach, and especially at running back where they’re fairly interchangeable 

The jags are interchangeable.  The jets have him on an expensive rental until they find other rbs to replace him with.  It’s far easier to replace rbs in an offense than wrs or OL.  Darnold can function with bell for 2-3 years, then with others.  Eli relied on tiki early in his career, when he needed him most.  Worked out fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

It’s a potential mess. A potential mess that many of us saw but all we can do is hope for the best and hope these rumors aren’t true. Too much smoke though. Something is up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

it’s a tough look for the big free agent who skipped a season to smoke pot just saying “nah, I’m not practicing.” I don’t blame Gase for being pissed. The highest paid player not showing up makes everyone look silly.

1.) smoke pot all year? Lol goin out on a limb and saying you actually just made that up lolz

2.) no one looks silly...it’s voluntary work outs.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Sure, I could see the disappointment. I don’t like it either but it wasn’t really just this story with Bell I was talking about.  I was more referring to the whole entire story of the rift. As the days go on and the story persists it’s getting harder to stomach because I’m not used to this kind of turmoil with my team.  I feel really good about the direction that things are going and I’m pretty excited about our draft and Sam Darnold.  Thinking that in fighting could be responsible for derailing the progress is upsetting.  

Thats a good point about Parcells and Young.  I wouldn’t think that these types of clashes would be good for the team but I guess people can coexist with conflict.  I don’t live that way in my own life so to me it’s unacceptable. For others it might feel normal. 

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s a potential mess. A potential mess that many of us saw but all we can do is hope for the best and hope these rumors aren’t true. Too much smoke though. Something is up. 

Yes, something is up.  And it all seemed to start between day 1 and 2 of the draft, when nobody could find gase in the war room.

i think it has very little to do with bell.  I think whatever rift there is, it started when mccagnan rejected trade offers and drafted Q.  Gase was probably led to believe that they would trade back and either take Jonah in the first, or get extra day 2 picks to add a weapon to the offense. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Gase is a highly intelligent anti-social hyper-competitive quasi-psychopath whose inability to get along with others gets in the way of his doing his job.
Mac is a plodding political bureaucratic hack who is not very good at is supposed job, which is scouting and assembling football talent. 
What could go wrong?

Add Greg Williams, joe vitt, Blake Williams and Jim bob cooter.

I can’t see how this is going to work if I take off my homer glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yes, something is up.  And it all seemed to start between day 1 and 2 of the draft, when nobody could find gase in the war room.

i think it has very little to do with bell.  I think whatever rift there is, it started when mccagnan rejected trade offers and drafted Q.  Gase was probably led to believe that they would trade back and either take Jonah in the first, or get extra day 2 picks to add a weapon to the offense. 

Bingo! Macc mislead everyone including the fanbase bc he's has no balls.

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, varjet said:

Gase is a highly intelligent anti-social hyper-competitive quasi-psychopath whose inability to get along with others gets in the way of his doing his job.

Mac is a plodding political bureaucratic hack who is not very good at is supposed job, which is scouting and assembling football talent. 

What could go wrong?

I’m sure Christopher considered this when putting the staff together.

Orrr he decided to hire the guy who said he’d be the most obedient, and of course, the cheapest.