Gase did NOT want LeVeon Bell-Cimini

Just now, kdels62 said:

That’s different than “not wanting Bell.”

oh? I was "not that on board" with "making that kind of commitment" to my last girlfriend but she sure interpreted it as me not wanting to marry her.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The quote from cimini is "according to one report, gase was not that onboard with paying that kind of money for a running back"

It's at the 7:55 mark.

That's it???  That's the quote that fired up this whole thread???

That's a nothing burger.

There's one report that Gase wasn't "that onboard" with paying the RB position that much money?  That's a far cry from Gase didn't want Bell.  That simply sounds like Gase thinking he can do more with less and doesn't need the big shiny toy to make his offense run.  If anything, this should instill confidence in us about Gase.  I'd be terrified if the opposite was true.....Gase is pounding down Maccagnan's door saying he needs Le'Veon Bell, a trade for OBJ and to use their 1st round pick on TJ Hockensen just so that he can run his offense.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

lol, i was pretty sure this would go to sh*t but I figured it wouldn't happen till the losses piled up. Wow. lol

I think the longer it drags out the more likely Gase goes too. Maybe if he forces the issue the next guy gets stuck with him. And so on. Which is why this only fire one guy sh*t was dumb to begin with.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's a nothing burger.

There's one report that Gase wasn't "that onboard" with paying the RB position that much money?  That's a far cry from Gase didn't want Bell.  That simply sounds like Gase thinking he can do more with less and doesn't need the big shiny toy to make his offense run.  If anything, this should instill confidence in us about Gase.  I'd be terrified if the opposite was true.....Gase is pounding down Maccagnan's door saying he needs Le'Veon Bell, a trade for OBJ and to use their 1st round pick on TJ Hockensen just so that he can run his offense.

He’s ignoring the part after where Cimini says Gase said I told you so to mac after bell didn’t report. 

2 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

He’s ignoring the part after where Cimini says Gase said I told you so to mac after bell didn’t report. 

Well that and ignoring the fact that "not that on board with spending that kind of money on a running back" is basically a euphemism for he wanted nothing to do with the diva

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

oh? I was "not that on board" with "making that kind of commitment" to my last girlfriend but she sure interpreted it as me not wanting to marry her.

“I don’t wanna commit to you but Jen is available so I wanna commit to her” is not the same thing as “marriage is a dead institution and I wanna hang out with T0m Shane instead.”

• Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

How can you say there's nothing to see here?  There's already a rift between the HC and GM that have been working together for just a matter of months.

The coach who got run out of town o his last job because of anti-social behavior along with the fact that his teams were bad.  The Jets decided to hire him to work with a failing GM with one foot out the door.  

What could they have expected to happen?

The HC disappeared from the draft room and there are all sort of rumors of in-fighting. 

You might not like it but there is TONS to see here.  

Great way to bring up your future Franchise QB 

This franchised isn't cursed it's just stupid.

There is actually nothing to see here. It’s not even May. 

When we start losing games—which may just happen anyway—THEN there’s something to be said. I don’t concern myself with the regular offseason chitter chatter about how these people don’t get along or that person has an ego problem or how Gase wasn’t seen in the draft room....until it starts having an effect on the W/L column, I honestly couldn’t care less if Maccagnan and Adam hate each other or if they secretly love each other. 

It doesn’t matter to me. What matters is Gase doing his job in-season and Maccagnan doing a tolerable job in the offseason. Whatever happens is going to happen anyway.

people love to f#cking cry about whatever they can get their hands on. It hasn’t even messed with the team or the goal. Let it be what it is..internet talk.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's a nothing burger.

This. Either way, Cimini is the worst.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

All of you " so called"  Jet fans who take solace and joy in any problem that detrimentally affects the Jets, should reexamine your core motives for your reaction, and ask yourself...….   Are you a fan of the Jets, or just a fan of friction, conflict and misery?   [should I have used italics there, TOm?  Just asking}

At this point I've given up any hope of the Yets ever being a well run, professional organization (at least under the Johnsons) so I'm in it almost exclusively for the entertainment value 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Not concerned about the Le'Veon Bell no-show for voluntary. 

He is going to be the Jets' best player a handful of times this season, and probably the best free agent add of 2019.  This will cool off.  It's May.   When we're watching him in October play his cat-and-mouse game with linebackers... catching 7 balls... and throw his stiff-arm to move the chains... nobody will remember this workout he skipped.

The Gase-Macc thing?  I am not bold enough to offer an opinion. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I think the longer it drags out the more likely Gase goes too. Maybe if he forces the issue the next guy gets stuck with him. And so on. Which is why this only fire one guy sh*t was dumb to begin with.

1. Fire Maccagnan

2. Fire Gase

3. Name Gregg Williams interim head coach for 2019 season

4. Demote Williams to defensive coordinator

5. Insist that next head coach retain Williams as defensive coordinator

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Because he’s a huge redass who has an established track record of shipping out talented skill position guys who he feels aren’t buying in to his program?

I don't have a problem with this, you need guys to buy in to what you are doing to maximize productivity.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Because he’s a huge redass who has an established track record of shipping out talented skill position guys who he feels aren’t buying in to his program?

Bell is a known diva who just got a payday and is now skipping workouts to sit at home and smoke weed

The guy needs to get in practice and at least look like he cares

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Persiussa said:

It’s time to fire Gase and give the job to Greg Williams if all of this is all true.he was a huge problem in Miami and its just happening again.  An ego maniac can coach a team sometimes but when an ego manic can’t do the job it just becomes a train wreck.  He’s already proved in another town that he can’t do it.  Time to move on. 

So...you want to fire the one guy that MAY have a clue, to save the one guy we know doesn't have one?

OK.

35 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's a nothing burger.

Try and laugh at it. 

Meaningless off-season chatter to fill the time.

Without baseless stories, guys like Cimini would be part-time. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Gase can't be this STUPID when he has to coach Bell......................

Can He....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD GRIEF!!! :( 

He is he’s an arrogant prick that chased away his best players in Florida. He’s an arrogant prick and you’ll be sick of angus schtixk sooner rather than later

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It was pretty fn annoying he didn't show up to mini camp

It’s also pretty annoying that apparently everyone on this board believes that L Bell smoked pot all year simply because he didn’t show up for a voluntary workout. Wtf is that? You all love him on the day he signs and now he’s a pot head that needs to get his sh*t together because he decided to workout by himself for right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1