Gase did NOT want LeVeon Bell-Cimini

24 minutes ago, CTM said:

I don't have a problem with this, you need guys to buy in to what you are doing to maximize productivity.

I’m not saying I have a problem with it, I’m saying it’s not the least bit surprising or incredible that Gase wouldn’t want Bell.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bell is a known diva who just got a payday and is now skipping workouts to sit at home and smoke weed

The guy needs to get in practice and at least look like he cares

Agreed—I was responding to skepticism at Gase not wanting Bell. 

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

I was on record as saying I wanted no part of Bell, or his former WR team mate Brown. Head cases both of them. Pitt will be much better without he 2 Divas.

Pitt had a rb who easily stepped in for bell.. when you have a dominant OL, like we did in 09/10, doesn’t matter who is running honestly.. 

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Pitt had a rb who easily stepped in for bell.. when you have a dominant OL, like we did in 09/10, doesn’t matter who is running honestly.. 

Oh fr? Is that why Shonn Greene averaged like 3.4 YPC for his Jets career?

Bell’s ability makes him dangerous no matter the OL. He picks and chooses his own holes rather than letting the DL vs OL match up dictate where it opens.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Oh fr? Is that why Shonn Greene averaged like 3.4 YPC for his Jets career?

Bell’s ability makes him dangerous no matter the OL. He picks and chooses his own holes rather than letting the DL vs OL match up dictate where it opens.

Lol.. well bell had a top OL,way better than ours. Disagree ? He will make ours look better no doubt. But when his numbers aren’t as good, I’m not going to be one of the idiots who blames him ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol.. well bell had a top OL,way better than ours. Disagree ? He will make ours look better no doubt. But when his numbers aren’t as good, I’m not going to be one of the idiots who blames him ?‍♂️

I’m not going to blame him either. All I’m saying is Bell should do fine with the Jets and if he doesn’t, it’ll hardly be because of our OL. It’ll definitely be an effort thing. He has way too much twitch combined with that elite vision to not do well. Our OL needs a better push in the run game but i won’t know a damn thing until I see the on-field product. On paper, it doesn’t feel that bad besides Center...and that’s just because on paper who looks at the name Jonathan Harrison and think hell yea, we’re set there. 

So lots to prove and lots of time left to prove it.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

1.) smoke pot all year? Lol goin out on a limb and saying you actually just made that up lolz

2.) no one looks silly...it’s voluntary work outs.

I don’t buy a single thing he said. Bell has been working out every single day, according to his Instagram. He’s constantly doing football drills. 

• Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

I’m not surprised. Gase’s philosophy is RBBC. He misused Lamar Miller and then same with a Kenyan Drake last year. He will probably give 15 touches to Bell. For $15mil a year, Bell better be the bellcow. 

So is 80% of the NFL...how many $14 mill/yr RB's are there in the NFL?  Maybe Gase doesn't want to have a bellcow back that needs 30+ touches a game?

I'm not as sour on Macc as most, and not as high on Gase as many...but the HC and GM NEED to be on the same ******* page at the least.  This is all BS.  Someone get a freaking CLUE.

We hear maybe Macc didn't want Gase...now Gase doesn't like Macc's draft philosophy...jeez.  This is junior high stuff people.

And Bell, whatever anyone says about him as a 'vet' etc. was an ass for not showing for 'voluntaries' in any case after getting that deal.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ghost said:

I don’t buy a single thing he said. Bell has been working out every single day, according to his Instagram. He’s constantly doing football drills. 

I follow him on IG, too. He not only looks in shape but he’s doing drills everyday. I have no problem with Bell working out by himself. It would of been better if he came and met his new teammates, etc.. bc he IS on a new team and that’s just formal and thoughtful but he didn’t and he didn’t have to. 

Can’t be in your feelings about everything a player does.

he thought it’d benefit him more to work by himself. Maybe he does better that way. Maybe he wants to make sure he’s 115% before he shows up.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m not saying I have a problem with it, I’m saying it’s not the least bit surprising or incredible that Gase wouldn’t want Bell.

I certainly find it surprising. How often do you hear of a situation where the head coach wasn’t on board with bringing in the teams biggest free agent signing? If I was the owner I’d like to know my coaching staff and front office were align before shelling out that kind of money on one player.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I follow him on IG, too. He not only looks in shape but he’s doing drills everyday. I have no problem with Bell working out by himself. It would of been better if he came and met his new teammates, etc.. bc he IS on a new team and that’s just formal and thoughtful but he didn’t and he didn’t have to. 

Can’t be in your feelings about everything a player does.

he thought it’d benefit him more to work by himself. Maybe he does better that way. Maybe he wants to make sure he’s 115% before he shows up.

I don’t think anyone expects him to actually do anything substantial at OTAs. It’s more about him showing face to his new team and taking on a leadership role.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I certainly find it surprising. How often do you hear of a situation where the head coach wasn’t on board with bringing in the teams biggest free agent signing? If I was the owner I’d like to know my coaching staff and front office were align before shelling out that kind of money on one player.

Prolly because Mac needs to win now and Gase doesn't. Which is why this whole plan was stupid from day 1

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It's plausible that if given the choice he wouldn't want Bell. Adds a level of pressure on him to win now. Maybe he didn't like what Bell did in Pittsburgh. 

But he didn't sign up to be the GM, he signed up to be the HC. Like I said before, just about every HC wants to be the GM or at least be the de facto GM. Only a few get that chance (Bellichick/Reid/Parcells), the rest b!tch and moan when they don't get the players they want. 

1 hour ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I don’t think anyone expects him to actually do anything substantial at OTAs. It’s more about him showing face to his new team and taking on a leadership role.

I don’t think that’s who L Bell is. Le’Veon comes to work and does well on Sundays. That’s about it. He was never going to come here and be some sort of fan cherished leader who is so very enthusiastic about meeting this or that person on the first day of voluntary OTA’s in April...and sometimes that is perfectly okay to do. 

As long as he’s doing what he’s suppose to be doing on and off the field.

the fact that half the fan base has concocted some sort of weird spontaneous rumor that Bell smoked weed all last year simply because he did something that rubbed them the wrong way...loooool

• Upvote 1

Talk about blowing stuff out of proportions...

Ever heard the saying, you sweat in the gym so you don’t get cut in the ring? This stuff happens in fact it’s healthy. What isn’t healthy is how this stuff gets leaked.

You think Gase is the 1st HC to challenge a GM’s pick/signing?

winning makes it all better.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Persiussa said:

Because I’d rather fire the guy who already took a torch and burned all the bridges with his previous organization and has proven he’s a trouble maker.  The Jets under Mike McCagnan still have a chance but if Gase is really doing this he’ll be fired soon even if McCagnan goes and my greatest fear is seeing Darnold in his 3rd offense in 3 years.  Give me stability.  I don’t think Gase will ever be stable.

But Peyton Manning recommended Gase.  Peyton would never do anything against the Jets!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yup , I'm anxious to see how Bell does this year with our OL.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m not going to blame him either. All I’m saying is Bell should do fine with the Jets and if he doesn’t, it’ll hardly be because of our OL. It’ll definitely be an effort thing. He has way too much twitch combined with that elite vision to not do well. Our OL needs a better push in the run game but i won’t know a damn thing until I see the on-field product. On paper, it doesn’t feel that bad besides Center...and that’s just because on paper who looks at the name Jonathan Harrison and think hell yea, we’re set there. 

So lots to prove and lots of time left to prove it.

It’s basic math. He should perform better than the RBs who had last yr. we would be extremely naive though to believe he would put up same numbers he did under a much better Pitt OL. You didn’t think Thomas Jones went from a weak declining rb with chiefs and then a near pro bowler with jets in 09 did ya ? Lol

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

It's tragic.  This fan base hasn't seen an offensive playmaker in so long it's become allergic to them.

When we had scrubs like Mark Sanchez it didn’t matter. If we didn’t have such a prized possession like darnold Mac could continue his obsession with buying top D free agents every yr, obsession with bpa which almost always points to D. You know Todd Bowles loved Mac and his D obsession. Before darnold Johnsons  did  probably buy into the 09/10 model, great D even with a weak qb can get you close. It’s much easier with a good qb, and a good supporting cast on O With Gase, we finally have a strong advocate for O. With Sam, Johnsons will do everything they can to protect and help him. They wouldn’t blink if they realized dumping Mac is best for darnold 

This is gold. The owner needs to... own, some of this. It's what happens when you sandwich ppl together. I'm starting to side with Gase though. call it whatever you want, but I feel like i "get him".

PSA: until we start putting some winning seasons together, you can expect more of this. It's NY. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is gold. The owner needs to... own, some of this. It's what happens when you sandwich ppl together. I'm starting to side with Gase though. call it whatever you want, but I feel like i "get him".

PSA: until we start putting some winning seasons together, you can expect more of this. It's NY. 

Well Gase is pushing for more O support, mainly on our weak OL. He apparently lost it when mac didn’t seem the need to go after any FA centers. Namely your handle name, Nick “Paradis “ ha

• Upvote 1

Last week I came for Pauline, this week I guess it's gonna be D!ckboy.

This is fake news.   Gase was 100% on board with Bell.  The only contention between coaching staff and the FO was how much he was worth and at what point do you allocate the money on other positions.  FO was willing to do what it took to get Bell, coaches felt that, at a certain number, the money would be better spent elsewhere.  After we got Bell for the price we did, everyone was on board, including Gase.  Hell, going into FA, Gase was on board with signing Tevin Coleman AND Bell if the numbers were ok.  He was not a huge fan of the RBs in place when he took the job, and stressed that it was a position he would want to see upgraded in his interview with the team.  McCarthy raised the same concerns and that dude was allergic to running the ball.

My guess is McGuire doesn't make the roster, barring a miracle.  Maybe he gets "injured" in preseason.  Maybe.

I'll stake Macc like a Vampire in a crypt at any moment I can, but, once again, this was not one of those moments where they disagreed.  Semen boy is trying to give this "they wanna kill each other" thing legs in a dry period of the news cycle.

I'm getting really sick of this off-season already.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I think the longer it drags out the more likely Gase goes too. Maybe if he forces the issue the next guy gets stuck with him. And so on. Which is why this only fire one guy sh*t was dumb to begin with.

I  agree that shotgun marriages between GM-HC is a bad idea.

But Gase is not going to be fired.

A 3rd HC and playbook for Darnold = pissing away a golden opportunity to get to the Supe on his cheap rookie contract.  No way Darnold can develop and improve in that kind of environment.  He needs stability within the FO-HC-OC, as well as player talent surrounding him.

Firing not gonna happen...and Gase knows it.

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This may have already been discussed but the rumor actually originates from Mike Florio and Cimini(if he actually said it) is just stealing his "rumor".

Mike Florio is generally full of sh*t

So is Cimini but jets fans gonna eat it up especially the ones that never wanted bell in the first place .  Lol “bell sitting home smoking weed.” Yet every single day you can watch him on his instagram working out hard on his live feed .  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1