Gase did NOT want LeVeon Bell-Cimini

I just we'd get an owner that doesn't stand for this soap opera BS. I want my HC and GM to be on the same page and work together. I don't want a GM that's desperate to save his job and thereby affect the HC's ability to do his job. This is why the Jets can't possibly beat the patsies or make the playoffs.

It’s funny how everyone here usually hates Cimini and thinks he’s FOS until he appeals to the conspiracy crowd with this ridiculous story. How would Cimini get this from Gase?  You think Gase is calling him and telling him he doesn’t want the star RB and he doesn’t like the GM?  LOL

8 hours ago, Persiussa said:

Because I’d rather fire the guy who already took a torch and burned all the bridges with his previous organization and has proven he’s a trouble maker.  The Jets under Mike McCagnan still have a chance but if Gase is really doing this he’ll be fired soon even if McCagnan goes and my greatest fear is seeing Darnold in his 3rd offense in 3 years.  Give me stability.  I don’t think Gase will ever be stable.

Since when has this organization ever been stable? Weeb was its it’s sole solace and that even didn’t last long. Parcels held reign a couple years. But otherwise, it’s been a Barnum & Bailey circus. 

• Upvote 1

I’m sure this has been said all ready, (i didn’t read every page) but this stinks of Cimini not being able to get a peep out of the team and conjuring up this “rift” to get clicks, and try and stay relevant. 

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There was zero interest in trading for him when the Steelers tried to move him, then there was only minimal interest in signing him as a free agent. So little interest, in fact, the Jets gave him a take it or leave it ultimatum that Bell ended up folding on. The  aging superstar is a nightmare to coach, and especially at running back where they’re fairly interchangeable 

Other than liking to smoke pot, Bell was never a problem on the field for the Steelers. Nightmare to coach? I've never heard anything of that nature. He was like 46% of their offense once so obviously the OC at the time & Big Ben loved him. Now Antonio Brown? He's another story.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

It’s funny how everyone here usually hates Cimini and thinks he’s FOS until he appeals to the conspiracy crowd with this ridiculous story. How would Cimini get this from Gase?  You think Gase is calling him and telling him he doesn’t want the star RB and he doesn’t like the GM?  LOL

THIS! 

You can fault Macc all you want but information stopped flowing out of the Jets since he's been on board. Cimini is & always has been an azzhat, but now you believe this ridiculous story that he kept a secret until now? Lmao! 

Lets see if Gase benches Le'veon to teach him a lesson about not coming to voluntary practice/meeting. You guys are going off the rails. Isn't RB the one position that these guys don't forget how to play? 

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Also: he’s a 27 year old running back with a million carries who averaged four yards per carry in his last season playing football on a team that ******* loathed him. The Jets are gonna look pretty silly pissing off a head coach in favor of a declining, problematic RB that nobody else wanted.

I'm with Gase on this one. Never thought it was a good idea to sign Bell. Great O-lines make the RB productive and the Jets dont have one yet. Backs who can do it all on their own are rare and he isnt one of those.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

How can you say there's nothing to see here?  There's already a rift between the HC and GM that have been working together for just a matter of months.

Tell us more about this rift. Have you observed it firsthand?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Because he’s a huge redass who has an established track record of shipping out talented skill position guys who he feels aren’t buying in to his program?

It’s shocking that any nfl coach would get rid of players that don’t buy into his system.

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

He said “that was one of disputed reports that Gase didn’t wanna pay that kind of money to a RB and when he didn’t show that was kind of his way of saying I told you so.”

So is this true? I’m not going to listen to the interview lol

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We can start with- where the hell was the Coach during the draft?

On a treadmill, writing his resignation letter on a napkin.

Now I will ask you a question- So based on the OP, Cimini has stated that there is trouble. Where is the huge article from Cimini on this? Think he is just playing favorites and hiding a story?

In his most recent musing, he provides this:

5. Trouble in paradise? Predictably, Maccagnan said everything is hunky-dory with him and Gase. Rift, what rift? Here's what I can tell you: There was some friction between them during free agency, a source said, but it apparently has been smoothed over.

There are two ways to view this: Just routine growing pains between two men working together for the first time. Or you could call it an ominous sign for the future. No doubt, the Gase-Maccagnan partnership will be watched closely, just like the Gase-Gregg Williams relationship.

There's rampant speculation about Maccagnan's job being in immediate danger. Not happening, per team source.

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We can start with- where the hell was the Coach during the draft?

Ah, the Great Gase Caper of 2019. Jets fans began to wonder about the whereabouts of their new head coach sometime during the third day of the draft. To be fair, they had reason to scratch their heads given that Gase had not addressed the media after the first days of the draft.

During past drafts, Rex Ryan and Todd Bowles would accompany their general managers to brief the press about the players draft that particular day. The coaching staff will be the ones working with the players, so they should obviously be ready to talk about how they plan to use them. Makes sense, right?

Here’s what happened: Gase evidently took the same back-seat approach in Miami. His belief is that the general manager should be the voice for the franchise during the draft.

So, where was he, you ask? Well, Gase was in the war room, but his seat was just out of camera view. He also spent a lot of time walking around the war room. It isn’t surprising that he doesn’t like to sit still for hours at a time.

And yes, Gase did speak to every drafted player on the phone from the war room after the pick was made. The Jets decided not to post those conversations on the team’s official website.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Ah, the Great Gase Caper of 2019. Jets fans began to wonder about the whereabouts of their new head coach sometime during the third day of the draft. To be fair, they had reason to scratch their heads given that Gase had not addressed the media after the first days of the draft.

During past drafts, Rex Ryan and Todd Bowles would accompany their general managers to brief the press about the players draft that particular day. The coaching staff will be the ones working with the players, so they should obviously be ready to talk about how they plan to use them. Makes sense, right?

Here’s what happened: Gase evidently took the same back-seat approach in Miami. His belief is that the general manager should be the voice for the franchise during the draft.

So, where was he, you ask? Well, Gase was in the war room, but his seat was just out of camera view. He also spent a lot of time walking around the war room. It isn’t surprising that he doesn’t like to sit still for hours at a time.

And yes, Gase did speak to every drafted player on the phone from the war room after the pick was made. The Jets decided not to post those conversations on the team’s official website.

Gasp.

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Manish running interference. Love it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

It’s shocking that any nfl coach would get rid of players that don’t buy into his system.

Sometimes you have to make it work with guys you don't like.  Le'Veon is a RB that should, theoretically, work in any system.  You don't want to end up with a bunch of JAG yes men.  You need talent.

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You want "transparency". yet you only believe the stories that you think  are true. 

Manish is not transparency. 

Also, these are my own opinions. I'm not choosing to believe one writer over another. Any coach would be pissed if a high priced player skipped practice.

• Upvote 1

This would be consistent with how Gase ran the show in Miami.  Sounds like he didn't want Bell for the same reasons many of us didn't want Bell.  I, for one, am glad we now have a coach who will hold the players (and the guy who picks the players), to a higher standard.  

Voluntary or not, the guy was out of football for a year.  Most guys would've been chomping at the bit to get back on the field.  It's clear we signed a guy who doesn't give a sh!t & Gase is well within his right to call Macc out on it.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sometimes you have to make it work with guys you don't like.  Le'Veon is a RB that should, theoretically, work in any system.  You don't want to end up with a bunch of JAG yes men.  You need talent.

This sums it up.  When you’re consistently picking in the top 6 your team is low on talent.  And when you keep taking defensive players in the first round you probably lack playmakers.  Bell is  a short term solution to RB.  He’ll help darnold like tiki did Eli.  Then they can replace him with younger, cheaper options.  But right now the jets’ front office and coaching staff is going to tolerate him b/c of his talent.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Manish is not transparency. 

Also, these are my own opinions. I'm not choosing to believe one writer over another. Any coach would be pissed if a high priced player skipped practice.

What about Cimini saying that things are "smoothed over? Not good enough?

Matt, show me the source that you trust in this story. Post the link here.

Personally, I think a certain amount of friction is healthy between leaders. Iron sharpens iron.

Whether we have iron, or porous nickel remains to be seen and is the true discussion point. Wishing conspiracy theories based on far flung sources is not.