Gase did NOT want LeVeon Bell-Cimini

10 hours ago, Persiussa said:

It’s time to fire Gase and give the job to Greg Williams if all of this is all true.he was a huge problem in Miami and its just happening again.  An ego maniac can coach a team sometimes but when an ego manic can’t do the job it just becomes a train wreck.  He’s already proved in another town that he can’t do it.  Time to move on. 

10 hours ago, Persiussa said:

Because I’d rather fire the guy who already took a torch and burned all the bridges with his previous organization and has proven he’s a trouble maker.  The Jets under Mike McCagnan still have a chance but if Gase is really doing this he’ll be fired soon even if McCagnan goes and my greatest fear is seeing Darnold in his 3rd offense in 3 years.  Give me stability.  I don’t think Gase will ever be stable.

I'm moving on. What we need is stability. Haven't we seen enough? 

Image result for i'm moving on gifImage result for i'm moving on gifImage result for i'm moving on gif

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

What about Cimini saying that things are "smoothed over? Not good enough?

Matt, show me the source that you trust in this story. Post the link here.

Personally, I think a certain amount of friction is healthy between leaders. Iron sharpens iron.

Whether we have iron, or porous nickel remains to be seen and is the true discussion point. Wishing conspiracy theories based on far flung sources is not.

The source I trust is the Jets releasing a zillion photos/videos with Gase no where to be seen. Coupled with the fact it's an arranged marriage assigned by an owner with zero football experience....just intuition on my part.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The source I trust is the Jets releasing a zillion photos/videos with Gase no where to be seen. Coupled with the fact it's an arranged marriage assigned by an owner with zero football experience....just intuition on my part.

My best guess is that gase thought they’d trade back in the first round and either go OL in round 1, or get premium picks on day 2 so they’d be able to address skill positions.  When mccagnan turned down offers he got pissed and left the room. 

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

1.) smoke pot all year? Lol goin out on a limb and saying you actually just made that up lolz

2.) no one looks silly...it’s voluntary work outs.

No one's making that up.  He sent out a video of himself playing video games this offseason with a pack of pre-rolled joints clearly sitting on his table.  So he's either dumb as rocks, just doesn't give a sh!t, or both.  In my experience, someone who has a 12 pack of pre rolled joints on their coffee table isn't just an occasional smoker or a "weekend warrior".  

Look, i don't care whether the guy smokes weed.  I'm certainly not one to judge.  But when you don't show up on the first day of work, it becomes a problem.  Don't act like there's no merit to the weed talk.  The guy has been suspended for failing/skipping drug tests, and clearly hasn't kicked the habit.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So in summarizing, your source is gremlins in your head. That is fine

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If things are “smoothed over,” then Gase could end this with a five minute phone call to Michael Kay, or the Jets could end this with a single Instagram pic of Gase and Maccagnan simply standing next to each other. The Jets are clearly aware that this story is in circulation and the fact that they can’t produce a single image or even a single generic press release quoting Gase is either gross incompetence or Gase just wants no part of it. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If things are “smoothed over,” then Gase could end this with a five minute phone call to Michael Kay, or the Jets could end this with a single Instagram pic of Gase and Maccagnan simply standing next to each other. The Jets are clearly aware that this story is in circulation and the fact that they can’t produce a single image or even a single generic press release quoting Gase is either gross incompetence or Gase just wants no part of it. 

Gase wants no part of it.  Mccagnan ended it on Francesa a few days ago.  He said he hates to address rumors in the media but basically squashed this.  I don’t expect gase to waste his time with this.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Gase wants no part of it.  Mccagnan ended it on Francesa a few days ago.  He said he hates to address rumors in the media but basically squashed this.  I don’t expect gase to waste his time with this.  

Maccagnan is not the one who we need to hear from on this. Of course he’s going to say that everything’s fine. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What story is there? I have on Good Morning Football and Pro Football Talk neither have mentioned any rift between Mac & Gase this morning. PFT reported a rift in San Francisco between HC Shanahan and GM Lynch which, BTW, Shanahan denies.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

No one's making that up.  He sent out a video of himself playing video games this offseason with a pack of pre-rolled joints clearly sitting on his table.  So he's either dumb as rocks, just doesn't give a sh!t, or both.  In my experience, someone who has a 12 pack of pre rolled joints on their coffee table isn't just an occasional smoker or a "weekend warrior".  

Look, i don't care whether the guy smokes weed.  I'm certainly not one to judge.  But when you don't show up on the first day of work, it becomes a problem.  Don't act like there's no merit to the weed talk.  The guy has been suspended for failing/skipping drug tests, and clearly hasn't kicked the habit.  

But, he did show up for the first day of work.  Bell entered the building on April 8th and participated in everything other than the 3 hours he skipped out lay up lines and the 3 man weave.  Oh the horror.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Face it, the Jets don't care about what you or I think about their internal workings. Get over it. I have.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

Where's this video?  That shows clearly he has pre rolled joints anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Face it, the Jets don't care about what you or I think about their internal workings. Get over it. I have.

Let's just get rid of the message board entirely.  Nothing to see here.  Just watch the games and shut up. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

10 hours ago, choon328 said:

The beat writers are doing everything they can to back Macc bc they know where their bread is buttered. They don't want that gravy train to end.

^This

Mehta and the rest of the beat writers love Mac because he talks to them.  Of course they would side with Mac on anything over Gase.  Can't trust the reporters, Jets fans.  Don't believe everything you read.  Our beat reporters have their own little agendas that skew all reporting.

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or would work like all of the stories legs?  Like the way the war room story is pointed to as proof there's a riff. While both Macc and Gase have said they were together on the pics and were in contact all during the draft?  Those comments really shut down the 8 or so fans who are praying there is one to keep them amused

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Let's just get rid of the message board entirely.  Nothing to see here.  Just watch the games and shut up. 

No let's have a 10 page thread because a fan hints that Cimini may have hinted that Gase didn't want Bell.

Sends some of you to paradise coming to conclusions based on nothing. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

That's abundantly clear. They want the fans kept in the dark while they lose. Lose-lose if you're a season ticket holder.

10 hours ago, dbatesman said:

1. Fire Maccagnan

2. Fire Gase

3. Name Gregg Williams interim head coach for 2019 season

4. Demote Williams to defensive coordinator

5. Insist that next head coach retain Williams as defensive coordinator

and make sure that everyone reports directly to ChrisWood Johnson so that there is no accountability, collective strength or cooperation among each other.   What a perfect way to run a sh*t show.  

8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It’s basic math. He should perform better than the RBs who had last yr. we would be extremely naive though to believe he would put up same numbers he did under a much better Pitt OL. You didn’t think Thomas Jones went from a weak declining rb with chiefs and then a near pro bowler with jets in 09 did ya ? Lol

Jones was one of my favorite RB with the Jets. VERY underappreciated on this board when all he did was have 3 straight 1000 yd seasons for us with 1402 yds in 09 including a 71 yard TD  among his 14 TDS. BTW: He finished up with the Chiefs after he left the Jets.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

He mentioned this during an interview with ESPN radio. It sounded like it came to head when Bell did not report for OTAs and Gase made a snide comment to McCagnan. 

Gase should have never been hired right after being fired from Miami. Macc should have been let go with Bowles. Both were terrible decisions and we will feel the ramifications of this all season. The Macc worshipers are out in full force and the dysfunctional Jets are alive and well and THE SEASON HASN'T EVEN STARTED. YEAH. GO JETS!!!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Where is this Adam Gase quote, sir?

If you want to logically read between the lines, you can maybe surmise:

-Upon the hiring of Gase, Johnson made it clear: 

-The GM acquires talent. Maybe it is done with input of the coach, maybe not.

-The coach coaches talent.

-Maybe this is a byproduct of Bowles' past input, and how Macc may say that cannot work. Maybe not.

-Maybe this has irked Gase, to some degree, if so, he should not have taken the job if it was initially communicated in that manner.

A lot of maybes there, and that leads to reading between the lines. Maybe (that word again) not to the degree that some are running with it.

Listen, Parcells and Bellichick distrusted and did not like each other at all. They worked together. These 2 (while certainly not of the same pedigree) need to do the same if there is friction. Friction is healthy, channeled correctly.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sold him short also by going from a article which says papers morphing into joints.  lol.

I knew the Lions should have signed Bell. Recreational Weed is now legal in Michigan. It would have been a paradise for Bell. lol.