WayneChrebet80

Gase did NOT want LeVeon Bell-Cimini

11 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Why wouldn’t gase want bell here?  He’s way better than the rbs they have.  I don’t believe this at all.  

Gase runs a tight ship, demands a lot from his players and does not tolerate insubordination - see Jay Ajayi and Jarvis Landry.

22 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

If you want to logically read between the lines, you can maybe surmise:

-Upon the hiring of Gase, Johnson made it clear: 

-The GM acquires talent. Maybe it is done with input of the coach, maybe not.

-The coach coaches talent.

-Maybe this is a byproduct of Bowles' past input, and how Macc may say that cannot work. Maybe not.

-Maybe this has irked Gase, to some degree, if so, he should not have taken the job if it was initially communicated in that manner.

A lot of maybes there, and that leads to reading between the lines. Maybe (that word again) not to the degree that some are running with it.

Listen, Parcells and Bellichick distrusted and did not like each other at all. They worked together. These 2 (while certainly not of the same pedigree) need to do the same if there is friction. Friction is healthy, channeled correctly.

This is flimsy as **** and you know it. 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Also: he’s a 27 year old running back with a million carries who averaged four yards per carry in his last season playing football on a team that ******* loathed him. The Jets are gonna look pretty silly pissing off a head coach in favor of a declining, problematic RB that nobody else wanted.

OMG 27

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is flimsy as **** and you know it. 

What else do we have? Did you NOT see all my maybe's in there? 

22 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I knew the Lions should have signed Bell. Recreational Weed is now legal in Michigan. It would have been a paradise for Bell. lol.

Hey, maybe the video was shot in Mich, Co, Fl, Ca or wherever its leagal lol

I wish I still had the energy to argue and complain about nothing. If we win games nobody will care the GM and HC didn't agree on a player. If we suck again, Macc will rightfully be fired. Who cares about this

• Upvote 3

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

What else do we have? Did you NOT see all my maybe's in there? 

I saw all the maybes and then I got to the part about Parcells and Belichick and that’s when I knew you lacked conviction in the point you were making. ScottDierking does not lack conviction.

• Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I saw all the maybes and then I got to the part about Parcells and Belichick and that’s when I knew you lacked conviction in the point you were making. ScottDierking does not lack conviction.

When my boys and wife ask me for money I am as spineless as a jellyfish.

-Oh, you want to re-do our bathroom? OK

-Oh, you want to spend a semester "studying" in Berlin? OK

-Oh, you want to have a 5th year as a redshirt? OK

These are all true scenarios, BTW

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That's abundantly clear. They want the fans kept in the dark while they lose. Lose-lose if you're a season ticket holder.

Yeah, we STHs think of it as lose-lose that a team, any sport needs to keep us in on every move they make

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The quote from cimini is "according to one report, gase was not that onboard with paying that kind of money for a running back"

It's at the 7:55 mark.

Wow, strong comments leading anyone to claim he didnt want him here.

According to one report, Cimini isnt even saying it?  Was not that on board with the money?

LOL, what a fanbase is right.

If we ever win the Super Bown, Cimini's victory column will be about how much the parade down the Canyon of Heroes sucks.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow, strong comments leading anyone to claim he didnt want him here.

According to one report, Cimini isnt even saying it?  Was not that on board with the money?

LOL, what a fanbase is right.

I wish we knew what that "one report" was too. Was it from the same person who was saying Mac is getting fired after the draft? Even Cimini points out the reasons why that was ridiculous. You don't let a GM spend $100 million on free agents and run a draft including #3 overall then fire him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

It was on the the SNY draft shows. 

Where's the Cimini quote that Gase didn't want Bell?

He won't answer you. He's good for that. He got on Macc's case about drafting a DT at #1 but when I asked about who he would have picked I got no direct answer. Just his normal run around. Typical

• Upvote 1

Chis Nimbley, JetsInsider.com

Chris Nimbley, Jetsinsider.com

Chris Nimbley, JetsInsider.com

Chris Nimbley‏ @Cnimbley

FollowFollow @Cnimbley

So I talked to two different sources but to be clear neither of them are employed by #Jets. Both sources told me that they have indeed heard that Macc is in trouble. They say Gase is making a power play, not sure it’ll work or not but if it doesn’t that’ll create a huge mess

• Haha 2

So glad the circus left with Rex. It's nice not to have a bunch of ridiculousness surrounding the team in the offseason.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Listen, Parcells and Bellichick distrusted and did not like each other at all. They worked together. These 2 (while certainly not of the same pedigree) need to do the same if there is friction. Friction is healthy, channeled correctly.

Why would Belichick go back to Parcells after the Browns if he didnt like him or trust him?  

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Chis Nimbley, JetsInsider.com

Chris Nimbley, Jetsinsider.com

Chris Nimbley‏ @Cnimbley

FollowFollow @Cnimbley

So I talked to two different sources but to be clear neither of them are employed by #Jets. Both sources told me that they have indeed heard that Macc is in trouble. They say Gase is making a power play, not sure it’ll work or not but if it doesn’t that’ll create a huge mess

Photo of Chris Nimbley:image.jpeg.3b9a6e5cfa59587c82e0e78716b7be88.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why would Belichick go back to Parcells after the Browns if he didnt like him or trust him?  

Career advancement. 

BB was portrayed, and unfairly, at that time as a DC that could not be a HC anywhere. Uncommunicative and stubborn.

He knew that he could get in a known situation with Parcells and have a reclamation. 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Career advancement. 

BB was portrayed, and unfairly, at that time as a DC that could not be a HC anywhere. Uncommunicative and stubborn.

He knew that he could get in a known situation with Parcells and have a reclamation. 

Sounds like a little bit of trust in there if BB thought Parcells could get him back on the right career path...

Just now, JiF said:

Sounds like a little bit of trust in there if BB thought Parcells could get him back on the right career path...

Scott used an awful analogy.

Whether Gase wanted him or not, I don't care.

Bell will help Darnold on third down and it's essentially a two-year deal. 

Forget the rest. Nobody knows sh*t about the inner workings of the franchise. 

• Upvote 1

I love this.

All the #NeverMacc'ers here first slaughtered Macc for being part of the front office that hired Gase.

They also would have slaughtered Macc if he did not sign Bell.

Now they've pivoted to slaughtering Macc for signing Bell against Gase's wishes.

You can't make this sh*t up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Just now, JiF said:

Absolutely. Sometimes you may know that you have to play with the devil in order to succeed. 

BB is a big boy and knew that there are people that you may not personally like, nor personally agree with everything on, that make you better. and that is the relationship they had. BB does not take things personally, if it means success for him in the end. He has demonstrated that throughout his career.

People that allow personal differences to be their be all in professional life are often missing out on things.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Scott used an awful analogy.

You don't believe that BB and BP were necessary evils, working together? You don't think they both benefitted from each other in their working relationships?

Now, as I stated earlier, MM and AG do not carry the cred as either one of those. That is clear.

But you millenials that think everything has to be eternal bliss are hilarious. 😉

11 hours ago, CTM said:

Prolly because Mac needs to win now and Gase doesn't. Which is why this whole plan was stupid from day 1

The irony is, it was believed that Macc didn't want McCarthy because he was concerned how it would impact his job, but Macc is getting shivved right out the gate.

Jets should've hired McCarthy. There'd be less drama.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I love this.

All the #NeverMacc'ers here first slaughtered Macc for being part of the front office that hired Gase.

They also would have slaughtered Macc if he did not sign Bell.

Now they've pivoted to slaughtering Macc for signing Bell against Gase's wishes.

You can't make this sh*t up. 

Agreed on this... but I still want him fired. I'm happy with Bell because it helps Sam. I don't care about the 'rift'. I want Mac gone because he drafts scared, prioritizes 5 techniques/safeties/inside linebackers. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If things are “smoothed over,” then Gase could end this with a five minute phone call to Michael Kay, or the Jets could end this with a single Instagram pic of Gase and Maccagnan simply standing next to each other. The Jets are clearly aware that this story is in circulation and the fact that they can’t produce a single image or even a single generic press release quoting Gase is either gross incompetence or Gase just wants no part of it. 

What are the odds of Gase resigning before the NFL opener?

Bell was a necessary signing for Macc. You can't have $100 million and ignore the best offensive skill player in FA when you're leaving skill players everywhere. He legitimately screwed up the majority of what was left of FA and the draft but he shouldn't get sh*t for signing Bell. 

He had $100 million and the 3rd pick in the draft and inexplicably he only brought in 3 players that will help Darnold next year for an offense seriously lacking in talent. I'll at least give him credit for those 3.

3 minutes ago, SMC said:

The irony is, it was believed that Macc didn't want McCarthy because he was concerned how it would impact his job, but Macc is getting shivved right out the gate.

Jets should've hired McCarthy. There'd be less drama.

The local reporters didn't want McCarthy bc he had the gravitas to push out the GM. Gase having it all depends on the success of Darnold this year. If Darnold has a successful year and ownership is happy with his development and the teams direction then Macc will be shown the door.

Btw, how haven't they signed Wisniewski or Sullivan yet?

3 hours ago, sackdance said:

Tell us more about this rift. Have you observed it firsthand?

When the HC disappears from the draft room - there's a problem.  When there are multiple rumors, from multiple reports that was because Gase wasn't happy, that's a problem.

This is a Jet Forum for fans to discuss situations that arise with the team.  "firsthand", are you serious?

18 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

He won't answer you. He's good for that. He got on Macc's case about drafting a DT at #1 but when I asked about who he would have picked I got no direct answer. Just his normal run around. Typical

I know, it's why I asked.  He's been on Macc & Gases cases since he appeared here. 

• Upvote 2

Read this book sometime.

"Education of a Coach"

There was one terrible moment, during a game, when Belichick called a blitz, and Parcells seemed to oppose it. They went ahead with it and the blitz worked  — the other team had done what Belichick expected and not what Parcells had — but Parcells was furious, and over the open microphones in the middle of a game, he let go, “Yeah, you’re a genius, everyone knows it, a goddamn genius, but that’s why you failed as a head coach — that’s why you’ll never be a head coach… some genius.” It was deeply shocking to everyone who heard it; they were the cruelest words imaginable.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

When the HC disappears from the draft room - there's a problem.  When there are multiple rumors, from multiple reports that was because Gase wasn't happy, that's a problem.

This is a Jet Forum for fans to discuss situations that arise with the team.  "firsthand", are you serious?

He was in the draft room he didn’t want to be on camera . 

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Would help if any of this were actually true.

• Haha 2