Gase did NOT want LeVeon Bell-Cimini

57 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

What else do we have? Did you NOT see all my maybe's in there? 

There weren't enough!

53 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

When my boys and wife ask me for money I am as spineless as a jellyfish.

-Oh, you want to re-do our bathroom? OK

-Oh, you want to spend a semester "studying" in Berlin? OK

-Oh, you want to have a 5th year as a redshirt? OK

These are all true scenarios, BTW

Do you at least respond with the proper level of passive-aggression?

26 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Chis Nimbley, JetsInsider.com

Chris Nimbley, Jetsinsider.com

Chris Nimbley, JetsInsider.com

Chris Nimbley‏ @Cnimbley

FollowFollow @Cnimbley

So I talked to two different sources but to be clear neither of them are employed by #Jets. Both sources told me that they have indeed heard that Macc is in trouble. They say Gase is making a power play, not sure it’ll work or not but if it doesn’t that’ll create a huge mess

Old post might as well add this 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cnimbley/status/1121889112133459968

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He was in the draft room he didn’t want to be on camera . 

They both have said they were in agreement and on same page with their board and picks.

Boring so let's go with Pauline

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone knows that Mac is not good at his job and worse than his job than Gase is.  

Mac will be run out before long.  The draft proved to me that Mac is not building a roster.  

The Johnsons need to find a HC and GM who can work together.  They can’t keep staggering them.  Bowles and Mac should have gone together.  We blamed Bowles for the picks but are now seeing the same stuff.

Every draft there is a brain fart.  Stewart and Hansen.  Even Maye. Leggett.  Donahue.  Shepherd over the tackles.  Small LB over the C and WR, when you already have Lee and Hewitt.  It has to change. 

How long is Gase’ contract? 

I’m sure this is being overblown a bit. But when there’s smoke, there’s fire. So clearly something to this. Mac is in an impossible position.

He was involved in hiring Gase, but I doubt he was Mac’s first choice. He wanted a college guy, Kingsbury, Rhule...which would give Mac more power as they’d be learning how to coach in the NFL. Gase is alpha and in your face. He’s not like Bowles, and is clearly already calling Mac out behind the scenes.

Mac can’t survive this long term and will only be here next year if they make the playoffs, and even then if its a Wild Card loss...I can still see Gase throwing Mac under the bus.

Gase on the other hand has only 1 or 2 objectives for this year: 

Darnold must look good and improved & be around .500 (which to me is a failure of a season but Gase can always say “hey Sam looks good, Mac didn’t give me the roster I needed).

That’s basically how I see this playing out. Darnold plays well and we finish about 9-7 and miss the playoffs. Gase says “I didn’t want these FA agents that Mac got, and I didn’t want these players Mac drafted, but if I got what I wanted we would have won the division.”

Mac will be forced out by years end.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He was in the draft room he didn’t want to be on camera . 

So, the HC of the New York Jets (New York) was too shy to be on camera?

Is that seriously the position you're taking?  I have this awesome bridge for sale if you're interested...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Everyone knows that Mac is not good at his job and worse than his job than Gase is.  

Mac will be run out before long.  The draft proved to me that Mac is not building a roster.  

The Johnsons need to find a HC and GM who can work together.  They can’t keep staggering them.  Bowles and Mac should have gone together.  We blamed Bowles for the picks but are now seeing the same stuff.

Every draft there is a brain fart.  Stewart and Hansen.  Even Maye. Leggett.  Donahue.  Shepherd over the tackles.  Small LB over the C and WR, when you already have Lee and Hewitt.  It has to change. 

How long is Gase’ contract? 

Staggered them?  Macc was in on the Gase hiring. 

C & WR over Lee?  Who?  Lee was the right pick, he's just never going to be great. happens at 20

• Upvote 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Is that seriously the position you're taking?  I have this awesome bridge for sale if you're interested...

lol I honestly don't care.. if you really think Gase had no play in the draft  that's on you. just going by what I heard..

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He needed to be on camera why exactly?

It's important how that he's on camera?

Changes what exactly? 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m sure this is being overblown a bit. But when there’s smoke, there’s fire. So clearly something to this. Mac is in an impossible position.

He was involved in hiring Gase, but I doubt he was Mac’s first choice. He wanted a college guy, Kingsbury, Rhule...which would give Mac more power as they’d be learning how to coach in the NFL. Gase is alpha and in your face. He’s not like Bowles, and is clearly already calling Mac out behind the scenes.

Such a smart call to keep the GM.  Because knowing its likely your last draft and the HC is going to try to force you out is a great position from which to make decisions that impact the next 5-10 years of the franchise's future.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SMC said:

The irony is, it was believed that Macc didn't want McCarthy because he was concerned how it would impact his job, but Macc is getting shivved right out the gate.

Jets should've hired McCarthy. There'd be less drama.

We'll never get the full story regarding the previous hiring process other than Rhule saying they were forcing coaches on him. But with Mccarthy, I think money was the biggest hold up. Gase's contract details were never released. Everything has just felt off since Bowles was fired tbh. But hey, if they win and Darnold is the guy, you can weather this type of drama.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

To be fair a lot of NFL teams did not want Bell. What is concerning here is how this leaked to the media. 

I did not want Bell.  But he is here and I want him to succeed.  Think Gase is not maniacally designing new plays for Bell?  Of course he is.  He has to win with what he has, not kiss the asses of his stars.  Who leaks this stuff?

32 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

8 pages of this stuff!

Can we lose some games first before talking about firing the guy?

I have zero doubt that Gase is a better coach than Todd Blowes and that Gase's staff is infinitely better than that group of non threatening nobodies Blowes had working for him. Let's go on from there.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I have zero doubt that Gase is a better coach than Todd Blowes and that Gase's staff is infinitely better than that group of non threatening nobodies Blowes had working for him. Let's go on from there.

I hear Loggains and Blake Williams are some of the worst coaches in the league . But I’ll reserve my judgement for there time here. Anything is better than Kacey Rodgers .

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Such a smart call to keep the GM.  Because knowing its likely your last draft and the HC is going to try to force you out is a great position from which to make decisions that impact the next 5-10 years of the franchise's future.

Exactly why Mac should have been gone with Bowles.

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Staggered them?  Macc was on on the Gase hiring. 

C & WR over Lee?  Who?  Let was the right pick, he's just never going to be great. 

The Gm and HC should have the same contract terms. 

I was referring to picking Cashman rather than Harmon or Gaillard.  Gaillard and Harmon rather than Cashman and Austin would have completely changed the look of the draft. 

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Was never publicly announced and remains a mystery.

Greg Williams was signed to a three year contract.  Although Adam Gase' contract details have not been released, it is safe to assume that he received at least the same length of contract offered to the Defensive Coordinator on his staff. 

Although it is not out of the realm of possibility, anything less would be out of the ordinary, and would most likely be a deal breaker for any Head Coach negotiating a contract.  So the probable answer would be three years.

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Greg Williams was signed to a three year contract.  Although Adam Gase' contract details have not been released, it is safe to assume that he received at least the same length of contract offered to the Defensive Coordinator on his staff. 

Although it is not out of the realm of possibility, anything less would be out of the ordinary, and would most likely be a deal breaker for any Head Coach negotiating a contract.  So the probable answer would be three years.

So it remains a mystery.

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

so just out of curiosity 

why would Gase not want LEveon Bell on the Jets? 

are we all about to find out?

What if Bell doesn’t report? Have we considered this? What if he refuses to line up at receiver? 

The guy sat out a full season. Nothing should surprise us with him.

28 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Gm and HC should have the same contract terms. 

I was referring to picking Cashman rather than Harmon or Gaillard.  Gaillard and Harmon rather than Cashman and Austin would have completely changed the look of the draft. 

Give us the link that says they have different terms. 

It's pure fan talk to complain that we should have picked aWR with lots of question marks over another player.  WR s who aren't fast, who don't run routes well and don't have good hands done make for clear mistakes.  Willing to wait and see who contributes from those low picks