Gase did NOT want LeVeon Bell-Cimini

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sold him short also by going from a article which says papers morphing into joints.  lol.

Buddy, if you want to believe those are stuffed with tobacco then go right ahead.  But they're pre rolled joints, the kind of pack you can buy in a state like California where they're legal.  I'm familiar with the brand.  Believe what you want.  

7 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

Buddy, if you want to believe those are stuffed with tobacco then go right ahead.  But they're pre rolled joints, the kind of pack you can buy in a state like California where they're legal.  I'm familiar with the brand.  Believe what you want.  

You cite an article, with a picture to prove he screwed up and had joints in his tweet.   Its headline was that they were papers, not joints.  Now you're asking me what I think is in them when the headline, the article and the picture show they're empty.  I know what they're for but they're not joints.  Read your own link

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

+ I'd probably be more concerned if our million dollar back who relies on his lungs/heart as much as his legs was a chain smoker 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

So it could be two click baiting yahoos who are intentionally trying to dredge up dirt... and they might as well be Patriot fans.  Yeah, that totally sounds like something we should spend the rest of the off season on.

funny how this drama comes out at the same time the other NY team starts facing intense scrutiny for picking the duke QB #6 overall and essentially trading the most dynamic WR in the NFL for a nose tackle

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

He was in the draft room he didn’t want to be on camera . 

You read Manish' horse sh*t article I see. He also got on the phone but the team decided not to release the video apparently. That's according to Manish as well. What PR team would ever and I mean ever let the HC get away with not being on a public video calling the #3 pick in the draft? Hell, even BB is on video calling the draft picks and he hates that sh*t.

Or how about that there are no pictures of him even meeting Quinnen when he visited Florham Park on the website? There is no PR team in the world that would allow that to happen. 

Then to follow that up they don't have a press conference introducing the #3 pick in the draft. That's something every team does and did but the Jets decided to not do that this year. Maybe it's bc the Coach wasn't going to show up and they didn't want to have to answer questions about why he wasn't there. 

It's way more realistic to think something weird is going on then to believe that the PR team decided to not use any videos or photos of the brand new HC calling or meeting with the 3rd pick in the draft. Manish also wants you to believe that Gase was sitting just out of camera shot the entire draft and that's why he was never caught on camera. It's a complete cover up bc Macc screwed over Gase and if it truly goes public then ownership will have to make a choice between Macc and Gase. They're trying to avoid that to not look completely dysfunctional but that's already too late.

15 hours ago, Persiussa said:

It’s time to fire Gase and give the job to Greg Williams if all of this is all true.he was a huge problem in Miami and its just happening again.  An ego maniac can coach a team sometimes but when an ego manic can’t do the job it just becomes a train wreck.  He’s already proved in another town that he can’t do it.  Time to move on. 

I dont like Gase wanted Mcarthy but I agree with Gase Bell is a cancer that will ruin this team. I was on record at saying this guy would be a cancer who would hurt Darnold's development and would become a major disruption in the locker room.  He is already proving by not showing up for the first camp. When your paying guy 50 million you expect him to show up and be an example to the younger players the way Curtis Martin was. This guy is nothing but a distraction and will last 1 year after he cant break a 1000 yards with the crappy OL that Mac ignored. I'm waiting for the tweets blaming  Darnold. 

If anybody should go its Mac who has wasted 4 years of lousy drafts and free agents only to still have a last place team .  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You read Manish' horse sh*t article I see. He also got on the phone but the team decided not to release the video apparently. That's according to Manish as well. What PR team would ever and I mean ever let the HC get away with not being on a public video calling the #3 pick in the draft? Hell, even BB is on video calling the draft picks and he hates that sh*t.

Or how about that there are no pictures of him even meeting Quinnen when he visited Florham Park on the website? There is no PR team in the world that would allow that to happen. 

Then to follow that up they don't have a press conference introducing the #3 pick in the draft. That's something every team does and did but the Jets decided to not do that this year. Maybe it's bc the Coach wasn't going to show up and they didn't want to have to answer questions about why he wasn't there. 

It's way more realistic to think something weird is going on then to believe that the PR team decided to not use any videos or photos of the brand new HC calling or meeting with the 3rd pick in the draft. Manish also wants you to believe that Gase was sitting just out of camera shot the entire draft and that's why he was never caught on camera. It's a complete cover up bc Macc screwed over Gase and if it truly goes public then ownership will have to make a choice between Macc and Gase. They're trying to avoid that to not look completely dysfunctional but that's already too late.

He really is, just a hologram. A Jet invention, with facial tics, in an effort to save money.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You cite an article, with a picture to prove he screwed up and had joints in his tweet.   Its headline was that they were papers, not joints.  Now you're asking me what I think is in them when the headline, the article and the picture show they're empty.  I know what they're for but they're not joints.  Read your own link

I'm not asking you what you think were in them.  I'm telling you I KNOW what was in them.  I've (not proudly) smoked hundreds of those things. They're pre rolled marijuana joints.  Clearly not empty in the photo towards the bottom of the link I sent.  

Look, I'm not dumping on the guy and I think he's a great player, but here's what we know:

-2015:  Was arrested for posession & driving under the influence of marijuana - Suspended 3 games

-2016:  Suspended for the first 4 games of the season for skipping a drug test (next time he's caught it will be 8 games) 

-2019:  The aforementioned instagram post which clearly shows a half empty pack of pre rolled joints  Maybe he was staying with a buddy who was doing all the smoking, who knows.  His track record suggests otherwise.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, CTM said:

+ I'd probably be more concerned if our million dollar back who relies on his lungs/heart as much as his legs was a chain smoker 

I'm not worried it would effect his play on the field, and I'm certainly not some anti-marijuana guy.  But when you give $12million/year to a guy who's one slip up away from an 8 game vacation,  and he cant even be mindful enough to keep the weed out of his instagram posts, it's a cause for concern.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You have way too much time on your hands.  Who gives a shlt we didn't see his buggy eyes on a video.  WTF does it change.

Whining is endless, we didn't see Gase, OMG, let's wait to see him coach before shltting yourself over nonsense that has nothing to do with Ws % Ls.

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’m calling BS. Never in history has an offensive HC been upset at landing the premier FA offensive player.

On a team that had literally oodles to burn and couldn't spend it. I'm sure Gase was losing sleep on getting Bell because it would cost the Johnsons money.... so we have the "Bell is a cancer" crowd, and the "Bell is an over-the-hill loser" crowd, and the Mac is out the door crowd, and the Gase has been kidnapped crowd, and the Gase wants out crowd, and the Gase wants Mac out crowd, and the "no matter what the Jets do, they suck" crowd. And they're basically about five posters whose common theme is that "something is rotten in Jetsland even when I can't prove it." Such delightful company.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Gase sure looks pissed off at practice today.

FB_IMG_1556728525825.jpg

It's important to note that when someone is mad about something, they never smile about anything.

In all seriousness, I could see Gase not wanting Bell.  A lot of us here didn't want Bell, and Gase has a history of dumping divas, no?

I don't think anyone's getting fired, but I could see some changes coming after this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

On a team that had literally oodles to burn and couldn't spend it. I'm sure Gase was losing sleep on getting Bell because it would cost the Johnsons money.... so we have the "Bell is a cancer" crowd, and the "Bell is an over-the-hill loser" crowd, and the Mac is out the door crowd, and the Gase has been kidnapped crowd, and the Gase wants out crowd, and the Gase wants Mac out crowd, and the "no matter what the Jets do, they suck" crowd. And they're basically about five posters whose common theme is that "something is rotten in Jetsland even when I can't prove it." Such delightful company.

I’d buy some of it if we hadn’t paid a really reasonable price for the guy. Plenty of things to burn Macc at the stake for. This one doesn’t even make the list.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

HQE3Rqkj2W3tUc9OV9DRmUKbeZo=.gif

• Haha 4

Tha

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

@Jet Nut going hard insisting that Bell is using rolling papers for something other than weed is the amazing subplot I did not see coming 

Never said that, just his article doesn't say you can see joints, only that they're papers. Guess saying that I know what they're for but the article and picture don't say what he's saying threw you off.

And counts as going hard. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I smoke weed all the time and I'm awesome at what I do. 

Also, if you don't think a significant percentage of NFL players smoke weed . . . stop lying to yourself. 

And there's no good reason to prevent any players from smoking it.  They play a violent game for a living and painkillers are dangerously addictive.  Let them have this. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

What if Bell doesn’t report? Have we considered this? What if he refuses to line up at receiver? 

The guy sat out a full season. Nothing should surprise us with him.

Did he ever do that before? 

• Upvote 1