NBA Draft Lottery

10 days away.  Will the Knicks get screwed again?

i know all the talk is about Zion, Ja and RJ but personally I think Bol Bol (son of Manute) is also quite a good prospect.  His draft stock took a hit because he had a foot injury last season but he’s the 4th best player in this draft after the big 3

Bol Bol has a perimeter game including even a 3-point shot on top of incredible size and length he inherited from his father.   Think KP minus the diva attitude.  If the Knicks get another screw job and are stuck at 4 they should seriously consider this kid

If the Knicks don't get the first pick then the front office needs to do everything in their power to try and trade up to number 1. I do think the Knicks will win the lottery though because the NBA is better when the Knicks are good. If they rigged it before for Ewing then the league will do it again.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

If the Knicks don't get the first pick then the front office needs to do everything in their power to try and trade up to number 1. I do think the Knicks will win the lottery though because the NBA is better when the Knicks are good. If they rigged it before for Ewing then the league will do it again.

Yup

https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/nbas-local-ratings-declined-by-4-this-season.html

C80D5EE6-3F16-4EF6-A2F9-F25DCCBCF6FD.jpeg

And this is a year after a 6% decrease in ratings

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heard that the Knicks will trade for Anthony Davis if they win the draft lottery.  Not sure how that makes sense though because they can only afford 2 max contracts (aside from the fact that it will require more than just Zion to acquire AD).  Wouldn't they be better off with 2 max contract players and then a 19 year old potential future star who can probably contribute a good deal right away? 

Then again, this is the Knicks so they'll likely screw things up regardless.  Maybe KD won't win it for us and Zion will go on to be the next superstar.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Heard that the Knicks will trade for Anthony Davis if they win the draft lottery.  Not sure how that makes sense though because they can only afford 2 max contracts (aside from the fact that it will require more than just Zion to acquire AD).  Wouldn't they be better off with 2 max contract players and then a 19 year old potential future star who can probably contribute a good deal right away? 

Then again, this is the Knicks so they'll likely screw things up regardless.  Maybe KD won't win it for us and Zion will go on to be the next superstar.

I would be pretty upset if the first pick was traded. This kid could be the next Lebron there’s no reason to trade him. 

26 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

This is such a deflating feeling. Maybe Barret will be good and KD and Kyrie could still come but for now I’m thinking about what could’ve been. 

This was a bummer but who knows if it turns out to be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe the young players we would've traded along w/ Zion (for AD) will turn out good.

But wouldn't it be something if KD decides against the Knicks and they're left with 2nd-tier FAs (similar to Amare Stoudamire).

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Well the Knicks are a dead franchise. Barrett kinda stinks too. 2 player draft.

I agree with Francesa the Zion hype is crazy.  He has no outside shot and his game doesn’t fit with the space and pace league plus his FT% is only 64% for a guy who does nothing but bang in the low paint on offense it needs to be better

Ja will be a great pg.  RJ will be a better pro then Zion

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Knicks can trade for Davis and sign two max free agents.  Why?  Davis still under contract one more year

On 5/14/2019 at 11:06 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

So they would've traded Zion + other assets for 1 year of AD?

Not Zion but the third pick in the draft plus other assets absolutely makes AD a possibility 

Perry has to play hardball though.  RJ is a very good prospect I wouldn’t give up more than RJ and Dennis Smith

• 1 month later...