Jump to content

Manish on JN Radio; Talking about Macc and Gase


Maxman

Recommended Posts

Plenty of rumors have surfaced in recent days, claiming that there's turmoil at 1 Jets Drive.  Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News joins us to set the record straight in regards to Gang Green's front office.  Alex and Glenn will also cover some of the top undrafted free agents added by the Jets and which ones have the best chance to stick.

The show starts at 5pm today - you can listen here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jetnation/2019/05/01/special-guest-manish-mehta-joins-us-to-talk-gasemac-dynamic-and-draft-class

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On next week’s episode, we interview Eva Braun on how awesome life was in the bunker. 

This is disappointing, even by your standards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On next week’s episode, we interview Eva Braun on how awesome life was in the bunker. 

 

29 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is disappointing, even by your standards.

 

Can you ask Manish about the rift between Maxman and his superstar forum poster?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

so what did Mehta say?  I don't care to listen to it.

I guess you will never know then. Sorry but I am too busy to transcribe it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm 12 minutes into this interview and I get the feeling that Manish is intimating that he knows more stuff than he's willing to share. 

For example, at 8:30 Manish talks about Chris Johnson not thinking about making a change.  Then at 8:51 he says "in fact I know that's not true" (regarding making the change).  How would he know that unless he was told that by someone (I assume Chris Johnson)?

Also he said that "everyone has to be an adult including all the key players".  That sounds like he's saying that there are issues between (at least some of) Macc/Chris Johnson/Gase/Gregg Williams but he's not willing to elaborate further.

I'd like Glenn to ask him if Manish does know more and he's just not saying certain things because he doesn't want to be cut out of the information loop.  Even if Manish is not willing to say if that's true, it's certainly worth it to ask to see how he responds.

EDIT: I'm almost 30 minutes in.  Glenn is doing a very good job.  He's asking good questions and is letting Manish speak as long as he wants (which is good in this interview because Manish is actually giving some good answers).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2019 at 11:16 PM, southtown24th said:

so what did Mehta say?  I don't care to listen to it.

A couple of things I remember are:

-Macc isn't being fired

-He alluded to some sort of "everyone needs to act like adults" regarding "all the key players" (which I assume means Chris Johnson/Gase/Gregg Williams/Macc).  

-His favorite pick (if we leave Quinnen out) is Jachai Polite.

-He didn't like the LB we drafted (Blake Cashman) at the spot we picked him at.  

-His most interesting UDFA is Greg Dortch.  He mentioned that Dortch's comp is Jamison Crowder (who we signed)

-The Jets tried to trade up from the 3rd round into the 2nd for a Rock Ya-Sin. 

-The Jets tried to trade up for Mecole Hardman but the Chiefs got wind of the fact that the Jets wanted him and beat us to the punch

-The Jets wanted the Center (I think his name was Connor McGovern) that the Cowboys drafted ahead of them.

-The Jets traded their 7th rounder to the Vikings to move up 1 spot in order to get Edoga because a couple of times they were beaten to the punch for players they wanted.

-The Jets tried to trade down to #4 (Raiders - who apparently wanted Quinnen) and #9 (Bills) but they didn't get a good enough offer.

-He mentioned it was interesting the players the Jets were targeting and said it indicates how they feel about their roster.  (e.g. wanting to trade up for a CB and a WR but not a center.  However he did say they wanted that center).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/4/2019 at 3:33 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

A couple of things I remember are:

-Macc isn't being fired

-He alluded to some sort of "everyone needs to act like adults" regarding "all the key players" (which I assume means Chris Johnson/Gase/Gregg Williams/Macc).  

-His favorite pick (if we leave Quinnen out) is Jachai Polite.

-He didn't like the LB we drafted (Blake Cashman) at the spot we picked him at.  

-His most interesting UDFA is Greg Dortch.  He mentioned that Dortch's comp is Jamison Crowder (who we signed)

-The Jets tried to trade up from the 3rd round into the 2nd for a Rock Ya-Sin. 

-The Jets tried to trade up for Mecole Hardman but the Chiefs got wind of the fact that the Jets wanted him and beat us to the punch

-The Jets wanted the Center (I think his name was Connor McGovern) that the Cowboys drafted ahead of them.

-The Jets traded their 7th rounder to the Vikings to move up 1 spot in order to get Edoga because a couple of times they were beaten to the punch for players they wanted.

-The Jets tried to trade down to #4 (Raiders - who apparently wanted Quinnen) and #9 (Bills) but they didn't get a good enough offer.

-He mentioned it was interesting the players the Jets were targeting and said it indicates how they feel about their roster.  (e.g. wanting to trade up for a CB and a WR but not a center.  However he did say they wanted that center).

 

Sounds like Mac really struck out all over the place draft night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...