Cimini podcast

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Being a handful = not wanting to stay at Florida.  He wouldnt listen to Mullen and Grantham who tried to convince him to stay another year because that was "the best thing for his career".  That turned into - he's a handful, the coaches didnt love him, he doesnt listen, the team didnt love him...all of this materialized when he wouldnt stay.

Coming out of the Fall camp, the word around campus was Polite had by far the best camp, worked the hardest, set the tone for the D and was the best player on the team.  7 players were suspended for the opener, Polite was a captain that game. 

Pure rumor b.s.  Not a word of it is true.  

I’ll take your word for it, though Polite having personality issues certainly lines up with showing up fat, getting combative in interviews, and making excuses for running 4.8’s. Here’s hoping he likes getting screamed at by Gregg Williams and can play at 230.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

is it me, or does it seem to anyone else that the people perpetuating the jets rumors are the ones who are no longer getting fed information directly from the gm like manish is now?  all these other jet writers and wannabees would certainly benefit if mccagnan left and they had a chance to make new inroads.

This is always a big factor and why I generally have little respect for/trust in reporters. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll take your word for it, though Polite having personality issues certainly lines up with showing up fat, getting combative in interviews, and making excuses for running 4.8’s. Here’s hoping he likes getting screamed at by Gregg Williams and can play at 230.

For sure but it also aligns to the bad advice part that Mullen and Grantham tried to use to convince him to stay.  Granted, there is clearly a selfish component to that perspective from the coaches.  

I'm highly suspicious of the what happened leading up to the draft.  That's why I was critical of the pick but if there is any truth to his side of the story, it's comforting because what I watched, doesnt add up to the testing.  It's like Grantham said, watch the tape, he's not a 4.8 guy on the field.  He said he's just behind Ware and Houston as the highest twitch athletes he's coached. 

Dude, Cimini shows in the Podcast that he doesn't know sh*t and Tony Pauline has an agenda against the Jets as being from NE... Every player in his mind was overdrafted... The podcast had okay points when they weren't just saying I had him at 120 and he was drafted at 92... blah blah blah... 

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is always a big factor and why I generally have little respect for/trust in reporters. 

wasn't pauline the guy who reported that the jets would trade robbie anderson for a 3rd round pick?  that also doesn't seem to be at all true, even if they wound up trading for a wr.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

wasn't pauline the guy who reported that the jets would trade robbie anderson for a 3rd round pick?  that also doesn't seem to be at all true, even if they wound up trading for a wr.  

Pauline is a jackass that is a huge Pats guy... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yeah but Cimini heard from a scout, a scout lol, that it may be true. 

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can’t believe that’s a real show. It looks like a spinoff of Pee Wee’s Playhouse.

It's entertainment, not a real football show.  But pretty corny about 70% of the time.  They hit on 1 out of every 3 jokes and dish us a piece of kind eye candy who knows her football.  There are worse things aired on NFL Network than this.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hasn't this been reported numerous times as Polite intentionally putting on weight based on some bad advice from his agent/handlers who thought NFL teams wanted to see an Edge rusher north of 255 lbs.?  The Jets should immediately get him on a path back to 240 and let him play at the weight that had no problem bringing down SEC running backs and sacking SEC quarterbacks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Yeah, that's not true at all.  He was voted a team captain by his teammates for numerous games.  (they do it by games at UF under Mullen).  Grantham loved him and compared him to Ware and Houston numerous times throughout the season.   He had an entire new coaching staff this season and was immediately made a starter yet he barely started under the regime that recruited him.    

This was a team riddled with off field issues under McElwain, Polite was never an issue.  He fell out of "favor" half way through the season when it was a full gone conclusion he was leaving as his stock was rising.  Mullen and Grantham felt like he was being poorly advised.  That's it.  Just some good old fashion butt hurt from a coach who wanted him to stay longer. 

Certainly looks like they were right about that part. He put on bad weight before the combine to "bulk up" and was woefully unprepared for interviews. Whoever his agent is, they should be fired. The offseason cost him millions of dollars.  Still....it worked out nicely for the Jets, who got a 1st round talent in the 3rd round.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

wait, he's a patriots fan?  he seems to follow the jets the most.

I’m pretty sure he is a jets fan, in fact I think he said somewhere he is a season ticket holder. That makes sense as most of the jets fans that post here hate the jets and Maccagnan.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Hasn't this been reported numerous times as Polite intentionally putting on weight based on some bad advice from his agent/handlers who thought NFL teams wanted to see an Edge rusher north of 255 lbs.?  The Jets should immediately get him on a path back to 240 and let him play at the weight that had no problem bringing down SEC running backs and sacking SEC quarterbacks.

233 lbs is what Pauline said he weighed at UF

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Certainly looks like they were right about that part. He put on bad weight before the combine to "bulk up" and was woefully unprepared for interviews. Whoever his agent is, they should be fired. The offseason cost him millions of dollars.  Still....it worked out nicely for the Jets, who got a 1st round talent in the 3rd round.

Yep.  That's why I'm starting to warm up to the pick a bit more.  When they first said his name, I just laughed because of how disastrous his combine/proday were but the more I hear about him, just sounds like he's getting some really poor advice.

Maybe I just want it to be real. haha

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Bringing down RBs and QBs at 240 isn't the problem.  It is getting walked by tackles.  If he stays light he will probably end up a situational pass rusher, like Rex used Maybin.  No shame in that, but also not ideal.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yep.  That's why I'm starting to warm up to the pick a bit more.  When they first said his name, I just laughed because of how disastrous his combine/proday were but the more I hear about him, just sounds like he's getting some really poor advice.

Maybe I just want it to be real. haha

Like, someone advised to get fat? 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Like, someone advised to get fat? 

From what I understand, he was told his best bet to be a high pick was to gain weight.  The NFL loves size and speed combo.  He probably didnt know how to manage his weight gain.  IDK.  Like I said, I know I'm just trying to convince myself at this point but there could be something to it.  He played in the 230's.  That's pretty light for a pass rusher. 

If I ran into that prick Cimini I’d deck him with my purse, him and all the other smug reporters that love to repeat dirt they have no idea is true.

USC has been pro active for years now by amping up the academic assistance/tutoring program which focuses on a personalized, aggressive plan to allow athletes to graduate in three years and get on with their professional career.  

This approach may have been a factor in the huge spike in our athletes donating significant amounts of money to the university, and why they show up every chance they get to mentor the young ones.  Saban should champion this, while their athletic department may be well funded, the university itself is not.

I haven't heard the Cimini pod cast, but I have heard the Mehta interview with JN.  Mehta said that there may have been some slight  disagreement over personnel, which is the norm.  Nothing big time.  Gase was in the darft room, and did talk to each player that was drafted.

Gase didn't do post draft interviews at Miami either.  Lets face it, Gase hates the Media, I can't blame him for that, he won't be talking to them unless he is required to.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

What did he say about Polite?

Boom or Bust.  Tape of a first rounder.  First round pick pick before combine.  Interviewed poorly.  Selfish.  Does not work hard.  Does not get along with teammates.  Talented kid, but lots of red flags.

Pauline:  Played out of 3-point stance.  Will he be able to play standing up.  Very good pass rusher.  Worth the risk in R3.  Not a guarantee that he is anwer at Edge, but might be.  Great upside.  Not sure he will ever reach potential (which you can say about pretty much every good college prospect).

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

From what I understand, he was told his best bet to be a high pick was to gain weight.  The NFL loves size and speed combo.  He probably didnt know how to manage his weight gain.  IDK.  Like I said, I know I'm just trying to convince myself at this point but there could be something to it.  He played in the 230's.  That's pretty light for a pass rusher. 

Polite can rush and GW will send anybody from anywhere. Whatever you think of either there is at least that. I'm assuming it will be something like Genard Avery last year for the Browns.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Boom or Bust.  Tape of a first rounder.  First round pick pick before combine.  Interviewed poorly.  Selfish.  Does not work hard.  Does not get along with teammates.  Talented kid, but lots of red flags.

Pauline:  Played out of 3-point stance.  Will he be able to play standing up.  Very good pass rusher.  Worth the risk in R3.  Not a guarantee that he is anwer at Edge, but might be.  Great upside.  Not sure he will ever reach potential (which you can say about pretty much every good college prospect).

Thanks, as I mentioned in a few other posts, that's just totally false.   

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Polite can rush and GW will send anybody from anywhere. Whatever you think of either there is at least that. I'm assuming it will be something like Genard Avery last year for the Browns.

I think that's a very good comparison/expectation for Polite. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is terrible use of this meme. Cimini is the only one left doing real journalism on the Jets beat. In the middle is Manish, who knows what journalism is, but chooses to use those skills to be a clickbait Pez dispenser. Everyone else in the field is 30 and under and they do all of their “reporting” via RT from their couch in their pajamas because they’re lazy and cheap. People like you hate Cimini because he’s been accurately reporting that the Jets have been a clown college for the majority of the last thirty years. 

Yeah Cimini is unbiased and has no agendas. Not.

Anyone he has us blocked so I don't really see what he writes these days.

34 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I haven't heard the Cimini pod cast, but I have heard the Mehta interview with JN.  Mehta said that there may have been some slight  disagreement over personnel, which is the norm.  Nothing big time.  Gase was in the darft room, and did talk to each player that was drafted.

Gase didn't do post draft interviews at Miami either.  Lets face it, Gase hates the Media, I can't blame him for that, he won't be talking to them unless he is required to.

Here is the interview with Manish for those that missed it:

2 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Not likeable? Look at this segment and tell me if you think he’s disliked by his teammates..
http://

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kathy lee gifford but for football.  Tv is crap