Who will lead the 2019 Jets in Receiving?

2019 Receiving Leaders?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will lead the 2019 Jets in Receptions?

• Chris Herndon TE
    • Trevon Wesco TE
    • Quincy Enunwa WR
    • Robby Anderson WR
    • Jamison Crowder WR
    • Deontay Burnett WR
    • Ty Montgomery WR/RB
    • Le'Veon Bell RB
    • Elijah McGuire RB
    • Someone Else
  2. 2. Who will lead the 2019 Jets in Receiving Yards?

• Chris Herndon TE
    • Trevon Wesco TE
    • Quincy Enunwa WR
    • Robby Anderson WR
    • Jamison Crowder WR
    • Deontay Burnett WR
    • Ty Montgomery WR/RB
    • Le'Veon Bell RB
    • Elijah McGuire RB
    • Someone Else

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

I voted Crowder for most receptions.  I think he's going to see a ton of balls.  I could legit see 90 receptions in this offense. Runner up Bell. 

I voted Anderson for most yards.  Runner up Bell.

Nice.  This is exactly what I thought when I voted. 

If we could guarantee Enunwa would stay healthy I likely would have voted for him for most catches.  But we can't, so I'll take the slot guy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I voted Crowder for most receptions.  I think he's going to see a ton of balls.  I could legit see 90 receptions in this offense. Runner up Bell. 

If he gets any where near 90 receptions he will lead the team in most yards as well. 

In 2017 and 2016 he had the most receptions of his career 66/67 and finished with 789 and 847 yards those years.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

bell b/c enunwa and robbie are going to miss games.  

I could see this too, I would like to see him finish with around 60 to 70 receptions and be 3rd on the team with receptions. 

This year we are going to hear a ton of Darnold to Chris Herndon. With all the attention Q and Crowder are going to get, you will see a lot of single coverage with a linebacker on him. I think its realistic for him to average around 4 to 5 catches per game, with any where from 64 to 80 receptions for the year. 

My opinion is Robby goes off this year, and leads the team in yards and receptions. 

• Average yards per catch 14.0 yards
  • 85 receptions for 1,190 yards
  • 9 touchdowns
  • 4 40+ yard plays 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I voted the same... before i read the thread.

after I clicked submit I thought about Bell being the reception leader and I wouldn't be surprised.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Same but I think Bell might catch more as the Yets are going to grind him

Just now, rangerous said:

gotta go with bell in number of receptions.  yardage was a little bit more challenging.  imo robbie is going to be freed up and will see more balls thrown his way.  it's kind of a stat that's his to lose.

Is Bell going to show up to the games?

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

gotta go with bell in number of receptions.  yardage was a little bit more challenging.  imo robbie is going to be freed up and will see more balls thrown his way.  it's kind of a stat that's his to lose.

I agree, defiantly his to lose. 

I hope we he doesn't get that many more targets though. 

• 2018 - 94 targets
  • 2017 - 114 targets
  • 2016 - 78 targets

With the addition of Crowder and Bell, getting Q back, and Herndon in year 2 I can't see his targets going up any more than he has already seen. It's time for him to polish his complete route tree and make the most of the targets instead of slant and go routes. 

12 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

If he gets any where near 90 receptions he will lead the team in most yards as well. 

In 2017 and 2016 he had the most receptions of his career 66/67 and finished with 789 and 847 yards those years.

That's a good point.  I guess I was imagining a scenario where Anderson maybe had in the mid 70-low 80's range with just more yards

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

I voted the same... before i read the thread.

after I clicked submit I thought about Bell being the reception leader and I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, thats why I had Bell runner up for both.  I could see him leading in receptions before yards but neither would surprise me.

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Same but I think Bell might catch more as the Yets are going to grind him

Gross, perv. 

Would love to see Sam just spreading it around ala Brady. Just throw it to the open guy. Tendencies? What tendencies? 

He fed Quincy too much early last year when he was so narrowly focused. Really started spreading it around in the last quarter of the season.

Poor Quincy got rocked a few times too many. Catch...splat. He had a few plays where he took like 5 hits & kept going like the energizer bunny.

If Bell leads the team in Rushing Yard, Receptions AND Receiving Yards, I think we'd all be right in questioning how the new Offense is designed.

Again, barring injury, there is no way Bell should lead the team in yards with Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder and Herndon all competing for throws.

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Would love to see Sam just spreading it around ala Brady. Just throw it to the open guy. Tendencies? What tendencies? 

He fed Quincy too much early last year when he was so narrowly focused. Really started spreading it around in the last quarter of the season.

Poor Quincy got rocked a few times too many. Catch...splat. He had a few plays where he took like 5 hits & kept going like the energizer bunny.

Things Rookie QB's do for $1,000, Alex.

I think we have cause to hope Darnold won't be so fixated this season on any single receiver.

Thank God for poor Enunwa's head.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If Bell leads the team in Rushing Yard, Receptions AND Receiving Yards, I think we'd all be right in questioning how the new Offense is designed.

Again, barring injury, there is no way Bell should lead the team in yards with Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder and Herndon all competing for throws.

Or maybe Bell just had one hell of a season? Unless those stats are low, then yes, we should question it. 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

bell caught 80 balls a year in 16-17 only played 6 games in 2015 but caught another 83 in 2014 

he's paid to lead the team in receptions 

I don’t think we are going to see that kind of usage.  Bell has complained in the past of over usage, and isn’t gase known to use committees?  I say 250 carries and 50 receptions.  

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

bell caught 80 balls a year in 16-17 only played 6 games in 2015 but caught another 83 in 2014 

he's paid to lead the team in receptions 

Yeah, then Quincy or Robby on Yard’s depending if injuries play a large role. Bring some version Of receiver 1a and 1b?

• Upvote 1

If you told me that Robby Anderson would average only 3 receptions per game (48 for the year) I think I'd be okay with that.  I'd assume that at least one goes for 50 yards, and there will be a lot of mouths to feed on this offense.  So, I'm not concerned about Robby's volume at all.

I think our posters are getting this poll right.  Bell and Crowder (and maybe Herndon) will become the reception volume guys, but Robby is probably the most likely to lead in yards.

And, how nice is it for an offense that seemed to have Quincy Enunwa as likely its best player the past couple years to now have Quincy looking like the 3rd or 4th option behind guys like Bell, Crowder, Herndon?  Finally....a bit of a luxury.  And that could really make him dangerous.

10 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I don’t think we are going to see that kind of usage.  Bell has complained in the past of over usage, and isn’t gase known to use committees?  I say 250 carries and 50 receptions.  

Then why pay the guy all that money?  They bought him to use him.  

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Agreed on both counts. Bell will be the focus of defenses....... Crowder cashes in on the short, quick routes and Anderson gains "chunks" of yardage when the Safeties move up towards the line. 

I would be surprised if Anderson has half the receptions Crowder does.

You're probably talking 40 rec for 600 yards next year.

If Crowder stays healthy 90 rec 1150 yards. If he gets hurt I think you'll see Burnett get more playing time, not Anderson. Burnett and Crowder are similar size and have the quickness in and out of breaks that the rest of the WR's don't have. He'll be Crowder's immediate backup.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rsherman28 said:

I agree, defiantly his to lose. 

I hope we he doesn't get that many more targets though. 

• 2018 - 94 targets
  • 2017 - 114 targets
  • 2016 - 78 targets

With the addition of Crowder and Bell, getting Q back, and Herndon in year 2 I can't see his targets going up any more than he has already seen. It's time for him to polish his complete route tree and make the most of the targets instead of slant and go routes. 

i agree.  there's only one ball and the jets will do best if darnold has to throw no more than 30-35 times per game.  assuming a 60% completion rate, that's only 288-336 receptions.

Using the 2017 Dolphins stats as a template:

Crowder (Landry role) - 110 receptions, 1000 yards

Robby (Stills role) - 60 receptions, 850 yards

Enunwa (Parker role) - 55 receptions, 650 yards

Herndon / Wesco (Thomas, Fasano) - 55 receptions, 550 yards

Bell (Drake, Williams, Ajayi) - 70 receptions, 500 yards

Crowder will be the focal point of Gase's offense

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1