Jump to content
Sarge4Tide

Who will lead the 2019 Jets in Receiving?

2019 Receiving Leaders?  

84 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will lead the 2019 Jets in Receptions?

    • Chris Herndon TE
      5
    • Trevon Wesco TE
      1
    • Quincy Enunwa WR
      9
    • Robby Anderson WR
      10
    • Jamison Crowder WR
      26
    • Deontay Burnett WR
      0
    • Ty Montgomery WR/RB
      1
    • Le'Veon Bell RB
      32
    • Elijah McGuire RB
      0
    • Someone Else
      0
  2. 2. Who will lead the 2019 Jets in Receiving Yards?

    • Chris Herndon TE
      2
    • Trevon Wesco TE
      0
    • Quincy Enunwa WR
      9
    • Robby Anderson WR
      56
    • Jamison Crowder WR
      9
    • Deontay Burnett WR
      0
    • Ty Montgomery WR/RB
      0
    • Le'Veon Bell RB
      6
    • Elijah McGuire RB
      1
    • Someone Else
      1


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I would be surprised if Anderson has half the receptions Crowder does.

You're probably talking 40 rec for 600 yards next year.

If Crowder stays healthy 90 rec 1150 yards. If he gets hurt I think you'll see Burnett get more playing time, not Anderson. Burnett and Crowder are similar size and have the quickness in and out of breaks that the rest of the WR's don't have. He'll be Crowder's immediate backup.

If Robby does those numbers on a contract year he is toast. Last time he put those numbers up was in 2016 when Marshall and Decker were getting most of the targets. 

Crowder is not playing 16 games. He was a great pick up but realistically I can see him playing 10 to 14 games.

Burnett will be interesting this year. Will be fun to watch in preseason where he will get some reps. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

If Robby does those numbers on a contract year he is toast. Last time he put those numbers up was in 2016 when Marshall and Decker were getting most of the targets. 

Crowder is not playing 16 games. He was a great pick up but realistically I can see him playing 10 to 14 games.

Burnett will be interesting this year. Will be fun to watch in preseason where he will get some reps. 

Anderson will not be featured enough to put up numbers. That's not the way Gase runs his passing game. His passing game goes through the slot then out of the backfield. Even if Crowder plays 10 games it won't mean an increase in playing time for Anderson. They are two completely different players with a completely different skillset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Using the 2017 Dolphins stats as a template:

Crowder (Landry role) - 110 receptions, 1000 yards

Robby (Stills role) - 60 receptions, 850 yards

Enunwa (Parker role) - 55 receptions, 650 yards

Herndon / Wesco (Thomas, Fasano) - 55 receptions, 550 yards

Bell (Drake, Williams, Ajayi) - 70 receptions, 500 yards

Crowder will be the focal point of Gase's offense

This was a cool comparison. 

I don't see Crowder making the pro bowl this year with Landry numbers. I think Crowder is more of a Albert Wilson who did very well in this role as well. 

Last year before he got hurt in 7 games he had 391 yards on 26 receptions. I can see him having numbers similar to that. 

  • 4 receptions per game
  • 64 receptions for the year 
  • 56 yards per game
  • 896 for the year (if he plays every game)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

This was a cool comparison. 

I don't see Crowder making the pro bowl this year with Landry numbers. I think Crowder is more of a Albert Wilson who did very well in this role as well. 

Last year before he got hurt in 7 games he had 391 yards on 26 receptions. I can see him having numbers similar to that. 

  • 4 receptions per game
  • 64 receptions for the year 
  • 56 yards per game
  • 896 for the year (if he plays every game)

 

A bunch of people have been comparing Crowder to Wilson.  I get the whole slot thing, but Crowder always struck more as more of a wiggle guy and Wilson more straight speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Anderson will not be featured enough to put up numbers. That's not the way Gase runs his passing game. His passing game goes through the slot then out of the backfield. Even if Crowder plays 10 games it won't mean an increase in playing time for Anderson. They are two completely different players with a completely different skillset.

I completely agree. I don't think Crowder's targets are like Robby's.

However Gase has shown he can coach just more than slot wide receivers. He coached Brandon Marshall to a pro bowl in Denver before Manning, Demaryius Thomas with Manning, even Kenny Stills is productive. 

I think Crowder can be the receiver with more receptions or the "go-to" on third down and I see your point on how his offensive works through the middle and slot but Robby should finish with over 60 receptions and 40 receptions. I would be shocked if he finishes the year 3rd or 4th in targets.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

A bunch of people have been comparing Crowder to Wilson.  I get the whole slot thing, but Crowder always struck more as more of a wiggle guy and Wilson more straight speed. 

Wilson's 40 time, 4.43, is crazy fast and with his size it looks even faster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

I completely agree. I don't think Crowder's targets are like Robby's.

However Gase has shown he can coach just more than slot wide receivers. He coached Brandon Marshall to a pro bowl in Denver before Manning, Demaryius Thomas with Manning, even Kenny Stills is productive. 

I think Crowder can be the receiver with more receptions or the "go-to" on third down and I see your point on how his offensive works through the middle and slot but Robby should finish with over 60 receptions and 40 receptions. I would be shocked if he finishes the year 3rd or 4th in targets.  

Stills had 37 rec last year for the Dolphins and that's without them having a legitimate receiving threat at TE.

The other guys you're mentioning that Gase coached are so much better than Anderson that it's laughable to mention Anderson in the same breath as them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Stills had 37 rec last year for the Dolphins and that's without them having a legitimate receiving threat at TE.

The other guys you're mentioning that Gase coached are so much better than Anderson that it's laughable to mention Anderson in the same breath as them.

Correct, the 2 year before

  • 58 rec for 847
  • 42 rec for 726

No where in any of my post do I mention or compare Robby Anderson to those players. I agreed with you that most of Gase's offense runs through the slot position but Gase has had many players preform well on the outsides, like those players mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bell is going to be an absolute target hog. If he stays healthy he will lead the league in touches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Correct, the 2 year before

  • 58 rec for 847
  • 42 rec for 726

No where in any of my post do I mention or compare Robby Anderson to those players. I agreed with you that most of Gase's offense runs through the slot position but Gase has had many players preform well on the outsides, like those players mentioned. 

You actually did compare them. You're using Marshall and Thomas as an example that Gase can use outside WR's except Anderson is not nearly as good as they were. It's a poor example. Stills is a better example for Robby. Parker and Enunwa match up together as well as far as what they can do. The big difference is that Herndon will get a lot more attention in this offense then the Dolphins tight ends did. That means someone will be hurt bc of that. It won't be Crowder or Bell. It'll be Anderson and Enunwa.

Anderson's biggest issue is that he's not versatile. He can't play the slot at all and he doesn't have the shiftiness to be used as a returner or on end arounds. He's a very 1 dimensional player and it's a big reason Enunwa got the extension and he didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You actually did compare them. You're using Marshall and Thomas as an example that Gase can use outside WR's except Anderson is not nearly as good as they were. It's a poor example. Stills is a better example for Robby. Parker and Enunwa match up together as well as far as what they can do. The big difference is that Herndon will get a lot more attention in this offense then the Dolphins tight ends did. That means someone will be hurt bc of that. It won't be Crowder or Bell. It'll be Anderson and Enunwa.

Anderson's biggest issue is that he's not versatile. He can't play the slot at all and he doesn't have the shiftiness to be used as a returner or on end arounds. He's a very 1 dimensional player and it's a big reason Enunwa got the extension and he didn't.

"However Gase has shown he can coach just more than slot wide receivers. He coached Brandon Marshall to a pro bowl in Denver before Manning, Demaryius Thomas with Manning, even Kenny Stills is productive. "

My intention from this was to mention Gase has a use for just more than slot wide receivers. I am not saying Anderson is going to be a pro bowler and completely light it up, that's why I used Kenny Stills as an example and showed numbers of 58 receptions for 847 yards. 

I am just saying that he isn't going to finish with 40 receptions for 600 yards. Our opinions on him as a player are different. I think as a player who didn't get drafted, you are correct, he was 1 dimensional as in running straight go routes for deep plays.

Over the last 2 years he has put up decent numbers with a grandpa Qb and a rookie. He will have more opportunity to show his full route tree which he can have worked on and developed over the off seasons. He has said all off season that he has worked on not just deep plays and wants to show that this year, so we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

"However Gase has shown he can coach just more than slot wide receivers. He coached Brandon Marshall to a pro bowl in Denver before Manning, Demaryius Thomas with Manning, even Kenny Stills is productive. "

My intention from this was to mention Gase has a use for just more than slot wide receivers. I am not saying Anderson is going to be a pro bowler and completely light it up, that's why I used Kenny Stills as an example and showed numbers of 58 receptions for 847 yards. 

I am just saying that he isn't going to finish with 40 receptions for 600 yards. Our opinions on him as a player are different. I think as a player who didn't get drafted, you are correct, he was 1 dimensional as in running straight go routes for deep plays.

Over the last 2 years he has put up decent numbers with a grandpa Qb and a rookie. He will have more opportunity to show his full route tree which he can have worked on and developed over the off seasons. He has said all off season that he has worked on not just deep plays and wants to show that this year, so we will see.

He can work on it all he wants, this offense does not feature outside WR's at all with the exception of borderline Hall of Fame players. It's not about his talent as much as it's about his opportunities. I don't see him having many opportunities in this offense strictly based on where he plays on the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1
1 hour ago, Rsherman28 said:

This was a cool comparison. 

I don't see Crowder making the pro bowl this year with Landry numbers. I think Crowder is more of a Albert Wilson who did very well in this role as well. 

Last year before he got hurt in 7 games he had 391 yards on 26 receptions. I can see him having numbers similar to that. 

  • 4 receptions per game
  • 64 receptions for the year 
  • 56 yards per game
  • 896 for the year (if he plays every game)

 

It would be great if Crowder could put up numbers like Landry but I agree he probably won't get targeted 130+ times. Landry was targeted: 166 in 2015, 131 in 2016 and 161 in 2018.  Crowder probably won't move around the formation as Landry did nor will he get the targets. 

Albert Wilson split time with Amendola and I see no one that will eat into Crowder the way Amendola did.  During the same span, Amendola had 30 receptions on 38 targets for 294 yards.  Someone like Burnett may have 1-2 receptions a game but I'd expect to see Crowder getting 80-90% of the slot targets. 

So maybe his projection should be closer to 90 receptions, 900 yards (Landry's yards per reception was 10.1 and Jamison's is 11.9).  Landry's 4-year average was also 6.3 receptions per game and 63.1 yards per game.  So Jamison may be a little under that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, choon328 said:

He can work on it all he wants, this offense does not feature outside WR's at all with the exception of borderline Hall of Fame players. It's not about his talent as much as it's about his opportunities. I don't see him having many opportunities in this offense strictly based on where he plays on the field. 

 

I disagree, I am not saying Robby is going to be borderline HOF or he is like any of these players below. But I went and looked at every starting outside wide receivers Gase had when play calling. Some years he had players who worked both outside and inside like Q. Anderson has averaged 95.3 targets over the last 3 years, I would be shocked if he completed the season with 40 for 600 with Darnold at QB. 

Wide Receiver coach 2009 - 2010

  1. Brandon Marshall - 101 rec for 1,120 
  2. Brandon Loydd - 77 rec for 1,448

Offensive Cord / HC

  1. 2013-2014 Denver Broncos
    1. Erick Decker - 87 rec for 1,128
    2. Demaryius Thomas - 111 for 1,619
  2. 2015 Chicago Bears 
    1. Alshon Jeffery - 54 for 807 
  3. 2016 -2018
    1. Devante Parker 56 for 744
    2. Kenny Stills 37 for 553

 

What are you projecting :

  • J.Crowder 90 for 1200
  • Bell ?
  • Herndon ?
  • Q ?
  • Anderson 40 for 600

Mine :

  • J.Crowder 65 for 800
  • Bell 50 for 450
  • Herndon 55 for 700
  • Q 50 for 650
  • Anderson 60 for 880

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think any of these guys are getting 1000+ yards. 

I can see Anderson, Enunwa, crowder, Herndon and Bell all getting 600-900 yards.

It has to do with the lack of a top receiving threat and Darnolds ability to go through all of his progressions  

No pass catcher is carrying the load this season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

 

I disagree, I am not saying Robby is going to be borderline HOF or he is like any of these players below. But I went and looked at every starting outside wide receivers Gase had when play calling. Some years he had players who worked both outside and inside like Q. Anderson has averaged 95.3 targets over the last 3 years, I would be shocked if he completed the season with 40 for 600 with Darnold at QB. 

Wide Receiver coach 2009 - 2010

  1. Brandon Marshall - 101 rec for 1,120 
  2. Brandon Loydd - 77 rec for 1,448

Offensive Cord / HC

  1. 2013-2014 Denver Broncos
    1. Erick Decker - 87 rec for 1,128
    2. Demaryius Thomas - 111 for 1,619
  2. 2015 Chicago Bears 
    1. Alshon Jeffery - 54 for 807 
  3. 2016 -2018
    1. Devante Parker 56 for 744
    2. Kenny Stills 37 for 553

 

What are you projecting :

  • J.Crowder 90 for 1200
  • Bell ?
  • Herndon ?
  • Q ?
  • Anderson 40 for 600

Mine :

  • J.Crowder 65 for 800
  • Bell 50 for 450
  • Herndon 55 for 700
  • Q 50 for 650
  • Anderson 60 for 880

 

Looks like Gase's offense is trending to rely more on the inside receivers.  Supposedly Gase's offense is innovative and maybe he has adapted to the players and schemes in the NFL.  Hill, Allen, Fitzgerald, Thomas, Edelman, Thielen, Smith-Schuster, Boyd all produce out of the slot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Greg Dortch
 

The over/under on his receptions this year is 0.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...