The Jets are starting 2 and 0 & will make the playoffs THIS YEAR

Good playoff teams win their home games (not every playoff team, but a very high % teams that make the playoffs have great home records like the Pats, Seahawks ect.) so both those games are MUST win considering they are 2 of their easiest home games with Miami, Jets should at least go 6-2 at home should they have playoff hopes, and with the Pats, Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, and Raiders being the other 5 games going 2-0 to start season is a must.

• I would have said last year that I would rather have the Bills coach and GM rather than Bowles and Mac.  Maybe now we have a better coach,.  In any event, the Bills strike me as a team that has its head screwed on straight.  It will be hard for the Jets to beat them.
  • The Browns are projected to make the playoffs this year.  This could be the year they actually peak before it all unravels for them.

There are no easy victories for this Jets team.  

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be surprised.  The Jets do relatively well in the first year of a new coaching staff (Parcells, Edwards, Mangini, Rex, Bowles).  Darnold is going into his second year, and Bell is a game changer.  Mosley and Adams are going to make this defense competitive.

They are a couple of years away from being championship caliber, but in a league full of parity, playoffs are not out of the question.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Just saving this for all the haters.

image.png

The Jets are winning both of these games. 

The Jets are making the playoffs this year.

As you were.

NOT. Statistically, both Buffalo and Cleveland are better teams than the Jets. I figure Buffalo is slightly more beatable due to the Jets being so familiar with them.

Really what this all boils down to is just how improved do you think the Jets will be? There's no doubt in my mind they'll be better than the last few seasons, but enough to beat two fringe playoff teams to start off the year? I doubt it. Center and CB are still gaping holes for this roster. A serious lack of talent is still a problem for the Jets. 

Honestly, if the Jets to go 2-0, it would be because:

1) Sammy starts off the year playing as well as he did over the last 4 games last season.

2) The FA's play a major role in the Jets going 2-0. Bell is big in both running and passing.

3) The ROOKIES play great right out of the gate. Just so you know during the Mac regime only Jamal Adams had been a player that played great football right out of the gate. Mac doesn't care about having immediate contributors.

I'll believe it when I see it.....

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

NOT. Statistically, both Buffalo and Cleveland are better teams than the Jets. I figure Buffalo is slightly more beatable due to the Jets being so familiar with them.

Really what this all boils down to is just how improved do you think the Jets will be? There's no doubt in my mind they'll be better than the last few seasons, but enough to beat two fringe playoff teams to start off the year? I doubt it. Center and CB are still gaping holes for this roster. A serious lack of talent is still a problem for the Jets. 

Honestly, if the Jets to go 2-0, it would be because:

1) Sammy starts off the year playing as well as he did over the last 4 games last season.

2) The FA's play a major role in the Jets going 2-0. Bell is big in both running and passing.

3) The ROOKIES play great right out of the gate. Just so you know during the Mac regime only Jamal Adams had been a player that played great football right out of the gate. Mac doesn't care about having immediate contributors.

I'll believe it when I see it.....

Something we can agree with here. 

I think it’s possible. Neither team is a push over in my mind. It’s not going to be easy.

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think it’s possible. Neither team is a push over in my mind. It’s not going to be easy.

Maybe they beat the Bills.

No way they beat the Browns.

Will beat the Dolphins at least once.  

Every game will be a struggle.  

Mac WILL get fired before January 5, 2020.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

I wouldn't be surprised.  The Jets do relatively well in the first year of a new coaching staff (Parcells, Edwards, Mangini, Rex, Bowles).  Darnold is going into his second year, and Bell is a game changer.  Mosley and Adams are going to make this defense competitive.

They are a couple of years away from being championship caliber, but in a league full of parity, playoffs are not out of the question.

Hopefully even in the early going QWilliams and Polite can contribute, which we'll need for early wins in the season. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Add to it that Spencer Long is gonna be on FIRE to make Macc pay!!!  

Keep Allen in the pocket & force him to make accurate throws. Jets went up to Buffalo last year & came back ON THE ROAD with literally a rag tag group. 

Browns are no joke but it was Sams 3rd game in 11 days. Mayfield played as well as he did all last year. We have more tape, Gregg Williams knows what he does well, and more importantly Sam confidence will be like Night & Day from that debacle.

I ain't afraid of no Ghost. Jet fans are afraid of their own shadows. This is the parity league. The Bills smoked the Vikings in Minnesota last year & then lost to the Jets at home. Perspective people.

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

Just saving this for all the haters.

image.png

The Jets are winning both of these games. 

The Jets are making the playoffs this year.

As you were.

I approve of this message. ?