Jump to content
Maxman

The Jets are starting 2 and 0 & will make the playoffs THIS YEAR

Recommended Posts

2 years ago, when people warned that the Browns would be pretty good:  "They're the Browns, they'll always suck!"
Now, when people realize the Browns are pretty good:  "They're overrated!!!"

The point you’ve stumbled into is...preseason narrative is wrong far more often than it’s right. It’s like the bills...every single year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:


The point you’ve stumbled into is...preseason narrative is wrong far more often than it’s right. It’s like the bills...every single year.

I didn't make any predictions about how the Browns will do overall.  Only that they'll beat us handily in Week 2.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 5:20 AM, T0mShane said:

The Browns are going to incinerate the Jets this year. It’ll be a bloodletting not seen on American soil since Antietam. 

The only thing that can stop the Browns next year is Freddie Kitchens. John Dorsey is very unlikely to promote a bozo.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

The only thing that can stop the Browns next year is Freddie Kitchens. John Dorsey is very unlikely to promote a bozo.

John Dorsey now has someone who won't challenge his authority. I love that clip of Baker basically calling Kitchens an idiot last year before Hue was fired.

The Jets will be 2 and 0. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maxman said:

John Dorsey now has someone who won't challenge his authority. I love that clip of Baker basically calling Kitchens an idiot last year before Hue was fired.

The Jets will be 2 and 0. 

You might be right—It does seem Reid forced him out of KC despite impressive drafting... although his propensity to draft turds is definitely open to criticism.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jgb said:

The only thing that can stop the Browns next year is Freddie Kitchens. John Dorsey is very unlikely to promote a bozo.

Mayfield, OBJ, and Landry just feels like a bleve waiting to happen. Kitchens has to keep that under control amidst high expectations in Cleveland for the first time since forever. They're in for a ride. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q and Leo and rest of our D is going to destroy Baker and the Brownies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 9:35 AM, docdhc said:

We’ve added 2 elite players at their position in Moseley and Bell. We added a pro bowl guard, an upgrade at slot receiver and corner, a stud rookie at DT, and our franchise QB has a year under his belt. Our coaching staff is miles better than last year on both sides of the ball. Of course we’re beating the Bills and Browns at home and it won’t even be close!

Corner? We upgraded at corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maxman said:

John Dorsey now has someone who won't challenge his authority. I love that clip of Baker basically calling Kitchens an idiot last year before Hue was fired.

The Jets will be 2 and 0. 

if you find that link I'd LOVE to see it...I have been thinking all off seasons that despite the talent, Kitchens has never been considered for a coordinator position much less HC. He is the key to their demise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

Corner? We upgraded at corner?

Addition by subtraction. No Buster

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey if you can’t get excited in May, why are you here?

 

this teams has 4 players that have been at least 2nd team all pro and a young QB with the potential to be a franchise QB 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kthisguy said:

 

 


Eagles, Patriots and Jags on the road are probably Loses. (Yes judging on expectations and current rosters). Wouldn’t you rather have the Bengals, Dolphins and Redskins road games in the first half of the season? I see some tight games the first half with no easy game.




Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

 

Jags is a loss? hahahahahahha no dude, mark it down. That is a WIN. 

Foles is a great qb when surrounded by a great team. The jags are not the Igles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2 years ago, when people warned that the Browns would be pretty good:  "They're the Browns, they'll always suck!"

Now, when people realize the Browns are pretty good:  "They're overrated!!!"

they are talking superbowl in Cleveland...that is the very definition of overrated. They will be better but despite the new pieces, they will not be as cohesive a team and you need that to be the team the fans think they will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
if you find that link I'd LOVE to see it...I have been thinking all off seasons that despite the talent, Kitchens has never been considered for a coordinator position much less HC. He is the key to their demise. 
Don't have time to look for it but it was great. Freddie gave him a pep talk. Freddie walks away. Baker looks at the player next to him and trashes Freddie after he is gone.

Sent from my XT1650 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Fixed

Maybe but regardless, it will be a measuring point of how competitive this team will be. 

The Browns are going to incinerate the Jets this year. It’ll be a bloodletting not seen on American soil since Antietam.  Jamal Adams SUCKS.

uhhh....NO...week 2 will not be a measuring point of how competitive we will be this season. No more than if we blow them out in week 2 should we start planning a parade. New coach, week 2, 2nd yr qb, new offense....week 2 is still in the gelling stage.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Don't have time to look for it but it was great. Freddie gave him a pep talk. Freddie walks away. Baker looks at the player next to him and trashes Freddie after he is gone.

Sent from my XT1650 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

that team is going to implode

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Corner? We upgraded at corner?

Yes.....addition by subtraction. No more Claiborne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

that team is going to implode

CANT WAIT 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something tells me that when the season hits late December, the AFC North will once again come down to the Steelers vs Ravens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Corner? We upgraded at corner?

slot corner.  Poole better than Skrine.  I think Tru will be better as well but I was referring to Poole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

Mayfield, OBJ, and Landry just feels like a bleve waiting to happen. Kitchens has to keep that under control amidst high expectations in Cleveland for the first time since forever. They're in for a ride. 

Don’t forget Kareem Hunt 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 3:54 PM, Maxman said:

Just saving this for all the haters.

image.png

The Jets are winning both of these games. 

The Jets are making the playoffs this year.

As you were.

I thought the annual Max Fan prognostication was crazy last year but I am onboard this year, they can get it done, ring the Bell, Go Jets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 4:47 AM, Jetster said:

Keep Allen in the pocket & force him to make accurate throws. Jets went up to Buffalo last year & came back ON THE ROAD with literally a rag tag group. 

Browns are no joke but it was Sams 3rd game in 11 days. Mayfield played as well as he did all last year. We have more tape, Gregg Williams knows what he does well, and more importantly Sam confidence will be like Night & Day from that debacle.

I ain't afraid of no Ghost. Jet fans are afraid of their own shadows. This is the parity league. The Bills smoked the Vikings in Minnesota last year & then lost to the Jets at home. Perspective people.

Injuries aside I think the Jets beat the Bills, lose to the Browns. Both games will be close with a failed comeback against the Browns and a successful 'protection of a lead' against the Bills. 

However, I would not be at all surprised if the Jets go to NE and beat them on their turf just before the bye. It sounds crazy but it would not surprise me, I know people have been saying this for the past few years and the Pats keep winning but I do think this will be the year they lose some games they typically win and maybe even miss the playoffs. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jags is a loss? hahahahahahha no dude, mark it down. That is a WIN. 
Foles is a great qb when surrounded by a great team. The jags are not the Igles.


Well, Foles is an upgrade over Bortles. In May, it is difficult to call games on teams are “improving”. I think the Jags has an top 5 defense last year playing them at their home is a tough game for a young team.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Injuries aside I think the Jets beat the Bills, lose to the Browns. Both games will be close with a failed comeback against the Browns and a successful 'protection of a lead' against the Bills. 

However, I would not be at all surprised if the Jets go to NE and beat them on their turf just before the bye. It sounds crazy but it would not surprise me, I know people have been saying this for the past few years and the Pats keep winning but I do think this will be the year they lose some games they typically win and maybe even miss the playoffs. 

All I'll say is, Patsies tend to start a bit shaky and get hot later in the year ... usually after the prognostications that the end is nigh etc etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites





Well, Foles is an upgrade over Bortles. In May, it is difficult to call games on teams are “improving”. I think the Jags has an top 5 defense last year playing them at their home is a tough game for a young team.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app


Foles IS an upgrade over Bortles. Unfortunately that isnt saying much. I am not so sure they will be a top 5 defense this upcoming year. In fact I they they will fall bac to the mean if anything. They had that one good year but I'd bet against a repeat.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

uhhh....NO...week 2 will not be a measuring point of how competitive we will be this season. No more than if we blow them out in week 2 should we start planning a parade. New coach, week 2, 2nd yr qb, new offense....week 2 is still in the gelling stage.

I beg to differ so I differ ....Flap those wings

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I beg to differ so I differ ....Flap those wings
 
Flapping.......flapping.......still cant fly. Need a few more weeks :-)

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t see us beating the Browns.  They already had a significantly better defense than us last year, and they upgraded cornerback and DT.  As far as their O, they’re not even in the same stratosphere as they were last year.  At least Hunt will be ineligible...  Anyway, they’re  either equal or  more talented than us at basically every position group other than safety, so it’s hard to see how we win unless they’re new coaching staff was as bad as the previous ones.

We should beat the Bills I think.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

they are talking superbowl in Cleveland...that is the very definition of overrated. They will be better but despite the new pieces, they will not be as cohesive a team and you need that to be the team the fans think they will be.  

What fanbase doesn't talk about Super Bowl this time of year? 

Are you seriously going to begrudge their excitement over there?  They were 1-30-1 over a 2 year period.  They haven't been to the playoffs since, what, 1999?  Of course they should be excited, and have every reason to be. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Win or lose, both games should be very entertaining... which is something we couldn’t say two years ago.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What fanbase doesn't talk about Super Bowl this time of year? 

Are you seriously going to begrudge their excitement over there?  They were 1-30-1 over a 2 year period.  They haven't been to the playoffs since, what, 1999?  Of course they should be excited, and have every reason to be. 

Jets fans have the monopoly on absurd expectations and blind hope 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is much more in line with the optimism I sense in the team and the vast majority of Jets fans I talk to. 

I met a Broncos fan yesterday and all he wanted to talk about was Bell and Darnold 

when is the lady time this teams had a combo like that? ‘98 ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Larz said:

This is much more in line with the optimism I sense in the team and the vast majority of Jets fans I talk to. 

I met a Broncos fan yesterday and all he wanted to talk about was Bell and Darnold 

when is the lady time this teams had a combo like that? ‘98 ?

 

Likewise, the dozens of James Cameron fans in my social circle are all very excited about seeing four additional sequels to the cinematic classic Avatar and they text me at all hours of the night to chat about it. It's quite a lark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...