Rank the Jets drafts 2001-2017

WayneChrebet80

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You don't suck, Joe. You're my favorite poster with the most thinly-veiled homoerotic urges.

I don't think he's consciously aware, many of his posts are like the deeply repressed gay teenager trapped inside of him is crying out to be noticed, reminds me of Tiny Rick

We have to be careful here.

38 minutes ago, cant wait said:

LOL right that’s why he played a whopping 3 years here

LOL, a player that fit one guy's D better than another was traded?  Shocking!  The Jets haven't had a playoff game since he left.  In his three years he had more INTs than Maye and Adams have in their combined careers and he still outscored EVERY WR drafted by Maccagnan.  He was outscored by Herndon and McGuire though.  I mean a cornerback should be able to outscore a RB with 180 carries and 57 targets and a TE with 56 targets, right? 

I keep hearing how few late round players are hits and you want to ******* laugh at Dwight Lowery as a 4th?  They want to list Ducasse as a bust - he has a decade in the league with over 100 games played and over 50 starts.  He and Stephen Hill are not good 2nd rounders, but call me when Devin Smith or any other Jets draft pick hits his career yardage.  Hell, Herndon is the only one with more career yards than Jace Amaro.

1) 2006: It wasn’t just the top two players, this class provided quality depth at various positions

2) 2007: Revis. The guy led a defense that took us to back to back AFC Championships

3) 2004: Quality draft

4: 2001: A couple good hits and a solid role player

5) 2017: a bit of projection. Jamal makes this draft. Maye I believe will prove to be a quality starter

6) The rest are ehh

2018 has the chance to pass a few of those but that requires too much projection. So I agree with stopping at 2017.

The Jets drafted well in the early 2000. From 2000 to 2007, those were mostly solid. It was more than just Magini. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

LOL, a player that fit one guy's D better than another was traded?  Shocking!  The Jets haven't made a playoff In his three years he had more INTs than Maye and Adams have in their combined careers and he still outscored EVERY WR drafted by Maccagnan.  He was outscored by Herndon and McGuire though.  I mean a cornerback should be able to outscore a RB with 180 carries and 57 targets and a TE with 56 targets, right? 

I keep hearing how few late round players are hits and you want to ******* laugh at Dwight Lowery as a 4th?  They want to list Ducasse as a bust - he has a decade in the league with over 100 games played and over 50 starts.  He and Stephen Hill are not good 2nd rounders, but call me when Devin Smith or any other Jets draft pick hits his career yardage.  Hell, Herndon is the only one with more career yards than Jace Amaro.

I’m glad you’ve enjoyed dwight lowery and vlad ducasse’s surprisingly long careers of mediocrity. good for you 

11 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I’m glad you’ve enjoyed dwight lowery and vlad ducasse’s surprisingly long careers of mediocrity. good for you 

Every pick that doesn't make the Hall of Fame is not a bad pick.  The difference from Lowery to Jarvis Harrison, or even Juston Burris is as big as the difference from Lowery to Revis.  Good rosters are loaded with players like Lowery and Jeremy Kerley.  

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Keller only played half a season in his final year, so that average is skewed. 

2. The poster I was replying to said "LMAO KELLER..."

3. Check out those Jamal Adams numbers compared to Dwight Lowery. My God. 

Keller had talent. Ray Lewis ended his life and was never the same.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Big props to @cant wait for inspiring me to uncover the greatest stat in Jets history 

You can probably add Kerry Rhodes to that group. 5 ints,  14 passes defended, 6 sacks

Rhodes picked # 123

Lowery picked # 113

Dawg President picked # 6

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

which one of those was all-pro again?

2nd team all pro box safety that makes tackles on running plays vs guys that create turnovers and are drafted in the 4th round.

Our all pro to go along with with our 'stud' DT and #21 overall ilb with o0our 2nd round other safety lead this team to like the 29th ranked defense.

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

2nd team all pro box safety that makes tackles on running plays vs guys that create turnovers and are drafted in the 4th round.

Our all pro to go along with with our 'stud' DT and #21 overall ilb with o0our 2nd round other safety lead this team to like the 29th ranked defense.

LOL I see you’ve started the drinking a little early today. cheers buddy

4 hours ago, CTM said:

Well I can't disagree with the second point. Not so sure I'd categorize Mangini and Idzik as smart men, but certainly not the meathead, quasi alpha male types many are drawn to

IMO Mangini was considerably worse.  Better a quasi alpha male type, than a quasi intellectual that expects guys who have been on the team for 20 minutes to recite the roster of the preseason opponent.  I liked Rex and hated Mangini, but I am the last one to go for that rah rah, run through the wall for me bullsh*t.  I think the board gives Mangini way too much credit for draft success.  The only rational explanation I heard was from a poster ( @Matt39 ?) who said that Mangini ran the interview process and was very good at it.  That I can buy.  

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

IMO Mangini was considerably worse.  Better a quasi alpha male type, than a quasi intellectual that expects guys who have been on the team for 20 minutes to recite the roster of the preseason opponent.  I liked Rex and hated Mangini, but I am the last one to go for that rah rah, run through the wall for me bullsh*t.  I think the board gives Mangini way too much credit for draft success.  The only rational explanation I heard was from a poster ( @Matt39 ?) who said that Mangini ran the interview process and was very good at it.  That I can buy.  

The sample is so small. D'Brick again was a pick like JA/LW and QW.  Mangold dominated the sr bowl and we had just released Mawae so it was almost predictable. I don't know that I can really point to those as draft acumen any more than giving credit to Mac for picking some solid players early (assuming QW will be solid)

His FA signings weren't great and he had crappy 2008 and 2009 drafts. 

2010 he got Haden and as guy who cut his teeth coaching DB maybe there is something to be said for his scouting DB's but overall I think the concept that he's some kind of draft guru is over stated.

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

D'Brick again was a pick like JA/LW and QW. 

You are talking out of your anus, sir. The whole world expected the Jets to pick Leinart or Cutler that draft. In no way, shape, or form was Brick the scratch pick. 

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Was it back to Tannenbaums fault in 08 when they whiffed completely? 

D'brick was a Quinton Williams/ Jamal Adam's pick , a high floor guy out the shoot but was never really elite in the sense of multiple all pros 

Mangold was a great player but came at the expense of losing Abraham and was a somewhat rare at the time 1st round center 

Revis was a fantastic pick and doninate player

I completely agree those were the best Jets drafts in recent memory but he blew 2008 and he blew 2009 in Cleveland. Interestingly enough he came away with another very good CB in 2010, but its hardly a resume that requires some kind of conspiracy to prevent an NFL team from taking a flyer on a coach in the front office

Abraham trade, plus the release of Mawae (because of his ties to player union) who would go on to play several more years at a high level.

Neither transaction that necessitated Mangold being picked was necessary in and of itself.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You are talking out of your anus, sir. The whole world expected the Jets to pick Leinart or Cutler that draft. In no way, shape, or form was Brick the scratch pick. 

Bongo59.................. says harrumph!

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans hate those guys because they were smart men. Jets fans hate smart people and embrace idiots. Can't get enough of stupid. They formed cults around Rex and Herm and wouldn't be shaken. 

I think you’re being too generous with the term ‘smart’.

Not being monstrously idiotic doesn’t necessarily elevate them to smart.

Idiot-lite.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That's complete BS you dirtbag, on 2 counts.

1) these are the first results from "2006 mock draft" search. and 

2) D'Brick was widely viewed as the safe, high floor pick

https://walterfootball.com/draft2006.php

jets2_logo.gif New York Jets: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia Virginia_logo.gif 
After months of claiming that the Jets would take one of the top three quarterbacks with the No. 4 overall selection, I'm now convinced that they will choose perhaps the safest player in the draft, D'Brickashaw Ferguson. The Jets' brass recently suggested that picking a signal caller in the first round is simply too much of a risk. Ferguson, on the other hand, is almost a lock to be a success in the NFL; he has both the talent and the drive to become one of the premiere tackles in the league. 

That said, New York still needs a quarterback. Chad Pennington's shoulder has been injured too many times and his arm is dead. While he looked like a bright, young signal caller in the latter stages of the 2002 season, he is no longer a reliable starting quarterback in this league. As for Patrick Ramsey, can you honestly tell me that New York has confidence in the former Redskins project? Ramsey lost his job to Mark Brunell. The Jets will probably take Kellen Clemens in the second or third round. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2423861

Moderator: The Jets are up and with Matt Leinart still on our board, things could get interesting. We have a question from Jerry in NYC ... Lenny, how bad will the Jets fans act if they take Ferguson over Leinart?

Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Oh, they'll boo the choice, for sure. But the Ferguson pick would be a really good one. It doesn't matter who's playing quarterback if you can't keep the guy perpendicular. Have you looked at the Jets' offensive line depth chart? Ferguson is one of the surest things in this draft.

4. New York Jets

D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia—The Jets fans will likely go nuts that they had a chance for Bush, Leinart and Vince Young and came away with none of them, but, when the draft is analyzed 10 years down the line, Ferguson will likely be viewed as the best pick at the top of the draft.

https://www.docsports.com/robert-ferringo-2006-nfl-mock-draft-1.html

4) New York Jets - D'Brickshaw Ferguson, OL, Virginia

You could have had Vince Young, but instead you take Patrick Ramsey. Shameful. I don't believe that the Jets will take Young - infuriating the fan base - but will instead address one part of their decimated line here, and another at the top of round two with center Nick Mangold

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Moderator: The Jets are up and with Matt Leinart still on our board, things could get interesting. We have a question from Jerry in NYC ... Lenny, how bad will the Jets fans act if they take Ferguson over Leinart?

@T0mShane has been the continuing answer to that question for over a decade!

11 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Bad

It's probably an unpopular opinion but I'd take Mangini back as a GM. He built a great roster that made Rex look good. If we had his roster with Sam it's a SB.

Edit: Just for anyone who thinks Tanny was making the moves. The dude was a pencil pusher who got run over by coaches; It was good under Mangini who did well outside Gholsten. ******* disaster under Rex

Why is it that this Mangenius can’t get a sniff at a job in an NFL front office? 

Just now, slats said:

Why is it that this Mangenius can’t get a sniff at a job in an NFL front office? 

Well you see Kraft and Goodell have conspired to banish Mangini and his drafting genius from ever coaching again as retribution for SpyGate .

Pay no attention to the fact that over the next 8 years he was offered and accepted 3 other positions, they were just bidding their time so as not to make the banishment obvious.

Luckily we have really smart people like T0m to point this stuff out for us

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Took over a team with overpriced Chad Pennington coming off his 53rd shoulder surgery.  Figured that Ramsey and Kellen Clemens would be viable NFL starters.  Rather than trying to move up for Matt Ryan in 2008, took Gholston and Erik Ainge in the 5th.  

In 2006 he thought they could plug and play any RB.  Ended up giving up a pick for Kevan Barlow.  Barlow put up a whopping 2.8 ypc.  Yikes. Took him most of the season to ride Barlow before he noticed Leon's production was considerably higher.  This in turn forced us to trade down 25 slots in the 2007 2nd round for Thomas Jones. 

He thought that it would be funny to dick with Pete Kendall and then dump him right before the season.  They ended up rolling with Adrien Clarke and Jacob Bender.  That cost us 2007. When they finally found someone that could play LG, the let him walk in the offseason.  Turned out to be a starting level G/C in the NFL Will Montgomery. 

Finally realized he needed a QB, so bet the farm on Favre.  Threw away damn near all of his credibility by letting that player be bigger than the team, ignore the offensive coaches and refusing to bench him when he was either obviously injured or just sh*t.  

Despite being a defensive coach with defensive drafts, his defenses were generally right around mid-pack.  Actually a bit worse, though with an easy schedule in 2006 he did manage 6th in points against.  Rex took over, replaced 4 starters and was #1 in points and yards. 

9 hours ago, slats said:

How do guys like Idzik and Mac get jobs? Does it take you more than one hand to count the owners in the NFL you think know what they're doing? Seriously name 5 for me cause I can't. Woody paid 6 figures for a consultant firm and still got Idzik and that draft. I know Mangini was making the decisions and Tanny was running numbers and I know the roster that was handed to Rex was the best we've had in as long as I can remember. We where winning the year prior with Favre till he tore his bicep and wouldn't sit. That roster was a QB away from a SB. Now we got a QB and we're lucky if we go 8-8 while Sam stays healthy behind our joke of an O-line.

10 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Took over a team with overpriced Chad Pennington coming off his 53rd shoulder surgery.  Figured that Ramsey and Kellen Clemens would be viable NFL starters.  Rather than trying to move up for Matt Ryan in 2008, took Gholston and Erik Ainge in the 5th.  

In 2006 he thought they could plug and play any RB.  Ended up giving up a pick for Kevan Barlow.  Barlow put up a whopping 2.8 ypc.  Yikes. Took him most of the season to ride Barlow before he noticed Leon's production was considerably higher.  This in turn forced us to trade down 25 slots in the 2007 2nd round for Thomas Jones. 

He thought that it would be funny to dick with Pete Kendall and then dump him right before the season.  They ended up rolling with Adrien Clarke and Jacob Bender.  That cost us 2007. When they finally found someone that could play LG, the let him walk in the offseason.  Turned out to be a starting level G/C in the NFL Will Montgomery. 

Finally realized he needed a QB, so bet the farm on Favre.  Threw away damn near all of his credibility by letting that player be bigger than the team, ignore the offensive coaches and refusing to bench him when he was either obviously injured or just sh*t.  

Despite being a defensive coach with defensive drafts, his defenses were generally right around mid-pack.  Actually a bit worse, though with an easy schedule in 2006 he did manage 6th in points against.  Rex took over, replaced 4 starters and was #1 in points and yards. 

I don’t know about T0m Shane Dominating?

It looks like your kicking ass in this thread.

Archived