Rank the Jets drafts 2001-2017

WayneChrebet80

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, CTM said:

That's complete BS you dirtbag, on 2 counts.

1) these are the first results from "2006 mock draft" search. and 

2) D'Brick was widely viewed as the safe, high floor pick

https://walterfootball.com/draft2006.php

jets2_logo.gif New York Jets: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia Virginia_logo.gif 
After months of claiming that the Jets would take one of the top three quarterbacks with the No. 4 overall selection, I'm now convinced that they will choose perhaps the safest player in the draft, D'Brickashaw Ferguson. The Jets' brass recently suggested that picking a signal caller in the first round is simply too much of a risk. Ferguson, on the other hand, is almost a lock to be a success in the NFL; he has both the talent and the drive to become one of the premiere tackles in the league. 

That said, New York still needs a quarterback. Chad Pennington's shoulder has been injured too many times and his arm is dead. While he looked like a bright, young signal caller in the latter stages of the 2002 season, he is no longer a reliable starting quarterback in this league. As for Patrick Ramsey, can you honestly tell me that New York has confidence in the former Redskins project? Ramsey lost his job to Mark Brunell. The Jets will probably take Kellen Clemens in the second or third round. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2423861

Moderator: The Jets are up and with Matt Leinart still on our board, things could get interesting. We have a question from Jerry in NYC ... Lenny, how bad will the Jets fans act if they take Ferguson over Leinart?

Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Oh, they'll boo the choice, for sure. But the Ferguson pick would be a really good one. It doesn't matter who's playing quarterback if you can't keep the guy perpendicular. Have you looked at the Jets' offensive line depth chart? Ferguson is one of the surest things in this draft.

4. New York Jets

D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia—The Jets fans will likely go nuts that they had a chance for Bush, Leinart and Vince Young and came away with none of them, but, when the draft is analyzed 10 years down the line, Ferguson will likely be viewed as the best pick at the top of the draft.

https://www.docsports.com/robert-ferringo-2006-nfl-mock-draft-1.html

4) New York Jets - D'Brickshaw Ferguson, OL, Virginia

You could have had Vince Young, but instead you take Patrick Ramsey. Shameful. I don't believe that the Jets will take Young - infuriating the fan base - but will instead address one part of their decimated line here, and another at the top of round two with center Nick Mangold

I don’t know what “docsports dot com” is, but can you tell me who the esteemed walterfootball dot com has going three in that mock draft thx

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You are talking out of your anus, sir. The whole world expected the Jets to pick Leinart or Cutler that draft. In no way, shape, or form was Brick the scratch pick. 

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know what “docsports dot com” is, but can you tell me who the esteemed walterfootball dot com has going three in that mock draft thx

Sir, you are changing the arguement. In response to my saying Brick was a safe and expected pick you said "the whole world expected the Jets to pick Leonard or Cutler" and that "in no way shape or form was Brick the scratch pick". You also included some hurtful, incendiary language directed towards my person which I can only assume was some primitive form of threat behavior designed to intimidate me off my spot and end the debate without any further confrontation. You vile cur.

I, posessing a brain that hasnt been soaked in cheap vodka and cheaper women for the past 13 years, remember the reality that Brick to Jets was both a common theme and considered a safe, solid, if unexciting pick. I  Google'd "2006 NFL mock drafts" and every one of the first 4 listed showed Brick to the Jets and include language referring to brick as safe, solid and unexciting thereby effectively disproving your original assertion of what "the whole world" thought

Your ignorance of doc sports dot com isnt relevant (and it should be noted they also had Mangold to the Jets at the end of rd1). Nor is the fact that Walter football  got the #3 pick wrong.

Good day.

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Sir, you are changing the arguement. In response to my saying Brick was a safe and expected pick you said "the whole world expected the Jets to pick Leonard or Cutler" and that "in no way shape or form was Brick the scratch pick". You also included some hurtful, incendiary language directed towards my person which I can only assume was some primitive form of threat behavior designed to intimidate me off my spot and end the debate without any further confrontation. You vile cur.

I, posessing a brain that hasnt been soaked in cheap vodka and cheaper women for the past 13 years, remember the reality that Brick to Jets was both a common theme and considered a safe, solid, if unexciting pick. I  Google'd "2006 NFL mock drafts" and every one of the first 4 listed showed Brick to the Jets and include language referring to brick as safe, solid and unexciting thereby effectively disproving your original assertion of what "the whole world" thought

Your ignorance of doc sports dot com isnt relevant (and it should be noted they also had Mangold to the Jets at the end of rd1). Nor is the fact that Walter football  got the #3 pick wrong.

Good day.

I think Tom just got Shaned. 

On 5/3/2019 at 7:29 AM, T0mShane said:

The combined receiving production of the eight skill position players Mike Maccagnan has drafted in five years:

153 catches, 1,808 yards, 8 TDs

Dustin Keller receiving production, five years:

241 catches, 2,876 yards, 17 TDs

------------------------------------------------

Jamal Adams, through two seasons:

1 INT, 18 passes defensed, 4 FF

Dwight Lowery, through two seasons:

4 INT, 25 passes defensed, 5 FF

A 35 year-old, and very much washed-up, Ed Reed had three interceptions in five games for the Jets. At this pace, it would take Jamal Adams 96 games (six full seasons) to match Reed's total.

Elite!

15 minutes ago, CTM said:

Good day.

This is excellent. Lolol ????

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I think Tom just got Shaned. 

You have your terms mixed up. That term is used when you wake up really sore in a bedroom by yourself and there's $100 bill on the dresser.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:50 AM, SayNoToDMC said:

Bad

It's probably an unpopular opinion but I'd take Mangini back as a GM. He built a great roster that made Rex look good. If we had his roster with Sam it's a SB.

Edit: Just for anyone who thinks Tanny was making the moves. The dude was a pencil pusher who got run over by coaches; It was good under Mangini who did well outside Gholsten. ******* disaster under Rex

I'd take Mangini back as HC or GM.

Too much work to grade each draft but obviously the 2006 and 2007 drafts stick out as they netted potentially 4 HOFs. 

The 2018 draft should be in there simply b/c of Darnold. Too early to tell but could be one of the best drafts in a long time for the Jets- assuming Darnold and Herndon continue their ascent and if Shepherd and Nickerson eventually work their way into the starting line up or even as very good role players, that's a great draft. 

Archived